The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

The rumors have gone from the dining rooms of Monaco to the news wires (or maybe the reverse).

AFP article: Stephanie of Monaco to re-marry first husband Daniel Ducruet

Old 08-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdb
Hi, again some hot news from me :) ...

I was last in a fancy restaurant in Monaco together with some friends. And I've heard there that Stephanie will marry her ex Daniel Ducruet next year in the spring (it should be after the period of mourning of 1 year). The people who told me this is very reliable (you can notice this also from my previous news posts).

I know some other risqué details about Steph, but I guess I keep these better for myself before I'll make the Palace Administration totally wild . Or maybe I can sell the full story to a tabloid . Let's make some money
Greetz, RDB.
OMG. so it's true !!!!!! I'm so HAPPY, I've just heard the news in my country, Italy, but I was not sure til now, I just adore daniel, he's very very famous in italy, he did a reality show last year in italy and he talked about steph and his kids, expecially Pauline, it was her 10th b-day and he cried as she was not there with him.... i could c in many weeks that he's a very nice man, it was obvious he still loved steph, and he adores his 3 kids, 1 of them, with his granny ,was there in the studio- Daniel made a great mistake, but he was the only 1 whom every1 in the reality show loved, he was a kind of boss, he would never get angry and he was friends with every1, he is always talking in a soft voice, btw he speaks an excellent Italian. I also think steph could be happy only with him, and he's so handsome!!!!:)

Old 08-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdb
Hi, again some hot news from me :) ...

I was last in a fancy restaurant in Monaco together with some friends. And I've heard there that Stephanie will marry her ex Daniel Ducruet next year in the spring (it should be after the period of mourning of 1 year). The people who told me this is very reliable (you can notice this also from my previous news posts).

I know some other risqué details about Steph, but I guess I keep these better for myself before I'll make the Palace Administration totally wild . Or maybe I can sell the full story to a tabloid . Let's make some money
Greetz, RDB.

if u hear it on the news it must be true, haven't u watched the last pix of them and he was hugging her etc. ??
Old 08-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does she need Prince Albert's permission to marry or am i just completely wrong? i know nothing about Monaco protocol :(
Old 08-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Gentry

bereavement

i'v heard this news on radio ( a french radio ) this morning : journalist said It's possible that Princess Stephanie and Daniel Ducruet will marry after bereavement ( 1 year )
Old 08-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

Here's another article reporting on the upcoming re-marriage of Princess Stephanie and Daniel Ducruet:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-38200,00.html
Old 08-14-2005, 11:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I like Jean Raymond as well. I've never heard of him profiting from his relationship with Stephanie or the Grimaldi's from the press, unlike Daniel. Jean Raymond seems to have his daughters best interests at heart. Now if they got back together that would be something.
That doesn't appear likely given the latest reports that Princess Stephanie and Daniel Ducruet plan to re-marry:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-38200,00.html
Old 08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Gentry

That's too crazy; and I thought that I had you tell you sth new and it's already in some different media... Anyway, it was a reliable source
Old 08-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Gentry

aha , so , she's pregnant ?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygolucky
aha , so , she's pregnant ?
Ouch but not terribly unlikely. He was the victim of a plot? Hmm. I don´t know about this. He sure seemed to know what he was doing, unfortunately.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Nobility

I suppose we'll find out for sure when next spring rolls around...if indeed they are getting married, congrats to them, and hopefully things work out better the second time around!
Old 08-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

Just my luck! I go to church and come back only to find out Stephanie is marrying another guy! Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. I'll have to settle for another hamburger with NO mayo again.

David
Old 08-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
Just my luck! I go to church and come back only to find out Stephanie is marrying another guy! Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. I'll have to settle for another hamburger with NO mayo again.

David
Hehe....:p you're good ....
Old 08-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
A brand new interview to Daniel Ducruet on an italian mag this week!
I used to like the guy, but I'm so tired of him giving interviews more or less once a month about the Grimaldis...and this time he doesn't speak very well not only of Caroline (that's quite usual) but also of Rainier as a father and grandfather.
I'm sorry if everyone knows him just as Steph's ex husband, but he should really stop talking about them just to be in the papers!

Sorry, rant over...

Kisses
Daniel Ducruet is quite famous in Italy, my country, he has always said that though Rainier has never accepted him in his family, he understands him now that Pauline was growing up, he says that is some guy would try to purchase his own daughter, he'd behave just like Ranier did to himself- as for caroline, he says so as she's a real enemy to Steph-
Old 08-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

He was always a very nice guy...and he's a sweet father.
But me too, I kind of fight with his need to talk to the press all the time and to live his life in this media focus. It would be nicer if he'd just stay back, do his work quietly, care about his kids and live the life of an 'avarege' guy.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Courtier

I agree Michelle; plus even if any father has the right to talk about his kids, Daniel should know that his kids get extra media attention and thus avoid to talk so much about them in tv...

Moreover, I don' t like what he said recently of Steph; he said he is very maschilist (is this the word?) so he thinks the man has to "rule" in the house, and that Steph is somehow fragile and weak and needs a man to take care of her...(he also doesn't speak well of Rainier and Caroline but that I don't care as they obviously never got on well!)

Kisses
Old 08-14-2005, 02:17 PM

Steph should not remarry

Don't you guys think Stephanie should just concentrate on finding the right guy and not worry about getting married? She has been married so many times and it always ends badly. Why not just cut the marriage factor out completely and try just living with a guy, or just having a serious relationship and seeing how that works? The marriage thing doesn't seem to work for her, so maybe she should try something else. Just my thoughts. I tend to think marriage is pointless anyway. It's just a piece of paper. There's no reason why you can't be with someone, live with someone, or whatever, without having that slip of paper.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Courtier

In general I tend to agree with you regarding marriage, and I really hope Steph would find a lasting relationship.
But in the case of a Princess, a lasting relationship should somehow be made official due to her public role and protocol; for example Caro maybe didn't really want to marry Ernst, but he could not be in public together with her so much on public occasions, and then she got pregnant and marriage became almost inevitable...
Just my opinion

Kisses
Old 08-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

I'm not so sure this whole story is true anyway.
We'll try to find out.
But it's a bit strange 'cause there is no real evidence.
They've been on the beach and elsewhere together, ok, but isn't this normal for parents to spend time with their kids ( even if they are divorced) ? Plus Steph had Mathieu with her and Daniel was with his new girlfriend Nathalie - so it doesn't make sense really.
For Louis and Pauline , it's right, this would be a dream come true - but still ...
Old 08-14-2005, 02:41 PM

But Stephanie seems to lead a life that is not guided principally by protocol. She seems to do whatever she wants to do for the most part. She does the engagements, she fronts the charities, but that seems as far as it goes for Stephanie. She's always been just a regular person for the most part. The marriage-follows-pregnancy protocol never applied to her. She chose not to marry Camille's father. She seems to make up her own rules most of the time, so why can't she do it regarding marriage as well?

Closed Thread