The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Commoner

Princess Stephanie Current Events 1 : Oct.2002 - Oct.2004

In next week's issue of HELLO!, Princess Stephanie breaks her 20 year silence and talks about the accident that killed her mother, Princess Grace.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Hi Tisha!

I read an article on Yahoo News about this earlier today. Here is a link to a couple of short articles about Princess Stephanie's interview.

http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/...cess+stephanie

Old 12-12-2002, 03:37 AM
Royal Highness

This is not new but I thought I'd post it anyway...

Royal family at war over Stephanie's new lover
By Harry de Quetteville in Paris
(Filed: 10/08/2002)

Monaco's royal family has been split by a new scandal after Princess Stephanie left her lover, an elephant tamer, for a member of her father's household staff.

In recent weeks the 37-year-old princess has been seen stepping out with Richard Lucas, 45, a married father of two. To make matters worse, the grey-haired M Lucas is the major-domo for her ailing father, Prince Rainier.

The couple have been photographed strolling through the streets of Monaco's royal family has been split by a new scandal after Princess Stephanie left her lover, an elephant tamer, for a member of her father's household staff., attracting curious glances.

However, in the Grimaldi palace, the upstairs-downstairs relationship is wreaking havoc with royal protocol and has reportedly left Princess Stephanie in conflict with her elder sister, Princess Caroline.

The magazine Paris Match says Princess Caroline has banned her sister from the official functions and balls that are the highlights of the Monegasque society calendar.

It reports that at a family summit meeting last Friday, hours before 1,000 guests attended the Red Cross Gala, Princess Caroline accused her sister of dragging the royal family's name through the mud. Princess Caroline then allegedly turned to her father and criticised him for being too indulgent of Princess Stephanie's affairs, demanding that he order an end to the latest match.

Princess Stephanie, who had already picked out a ball gown and had summoned hairdressers, professional make-up artists and the jewellers Cartier to ensure she sparkled at the gala, got the message loud and clear.

She had been particularly looking forward to seeing her friend Rod Stewart, the singer, who was performing. Instead, to the astonishment of the paying guests that night, she was absent.

Now Princess Caroline, who has always displayed a markedly greater respect for the inflexible rules of royal life, is barely talking to her sister. The battle of manners between the prim Princess Caroline and the rebel Princess Stephanie has only got worse since Princess Caroline married Prince Ernst August of Hanover in January 1999, so becoming a Royal Highness.

Princess Stephanie has long cultivated a reputation for being the wild child of the Grimaldi family. She toyed with careers as a rock-star, fashion designer and swimsuit model in her twenties.

But her private life has always attracted more interest than her singing. A series of romantic disasters has focused global attention on the principality for all the wrong reasons.

Her first marriage, to her bodyguard Daniel Ducruet, ended in tears after he was filmed cavorting in a swimming pool with a Belgian stripper. After her divorce, the princess became pregnant out of wedlock and refused to reveal the father's name.

She then fell for Franco Knie, 51, a married elephant tamer. She took her three children on the road with M Knie, living in a caravan. But earlier this year the couple split.

It has taken only a few months for her enduring taste for blue collar scandal to strike again however, once more sending shivers of disdain through the principality.

From "The Telegraph" online....
Old 01-04-2003, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Hi everyone! :) I just got this photo of Princess Stephanie of Monaco. I am not sure how old it is, but I thought that it may be fairly recent considering that she is now wearing a new darker and harsher hair color as in this photo. I thought that I would post here for everyone since we have very few pictures of Stephanie here and since it was a very flattering picture. I think that Stephanie looks nice in this photograph and she looks very youthful. In most of her recent photographs she looks much older than she is and has these very severe lines on her face while wearing her hair pulled back. I don't know if this particular photograph received and "touch-ups" but it is a nice one of the princess nonetheless. :)

Photo from: All Over Press

I apologize for the quality of the color of the photo. I had to change the file type in order to post it here as an attachment and in the process the photo automatically lost some of its color content. :(
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stephanie_monaco.GIF
Views:	181
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1713  
Old 01-06-2003, 03:15 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the photo, Jacqueline! Stephanie is certainly a cameleon! She is sort of the Linda Evangelista of the royals!

I believe the pic ran in HOLA! and HELLO! when Stephanie gave her exclusive interview regarding her mother's death this past September.

I thought Stephanie looked best with her hair either it's natural medium brown or the color it was at the Red Cross Ball in 2000. She looked very pretty in some of the pics. Her hair style, however, wasn't the best for her. Her makeup did look very good, though and her dress wasn't too bad...
To me she looks a great deal like Grace in this photo...And, no, that isn't dandruff in her coiffure...they are strategically placed sparkly things....eh, not a good look for anyone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stephaniemonaco1999g.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1733  
Old 01-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Commoner

I have a few Pic of the Princess, i like this one it shows her mellow side
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	stephaniemonaco59.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1877  
Old 01-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the pic, Jade70 and welcome!

Julia
Old 01-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hi again....

I got some circus - pix for you!!!

You can't see Steph's injury really....but she had / or still has her hand wrapped in something....don't know what happend to her...I guess a skiing-accident....

...and so I guess for mommy's little boy Louis as well....

...cruches and a blue spot in his face.....

...things happen....little Loulou!!! :)

little Prince Louis III

just saw that Steph's hand seems to be ok again....but look at her nose....

...there's something....

just saw that Steph's hand seems to be ok again....but look at her nose....

...there's something....

...and on her chin as well.....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cf2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	2118   Click image for larger version

Name:	cf7.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	2119   Click image for larger version

Name:	cf9.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	2121  
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cf9.jpg (14.0 KB, 139 views)
Old 02-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hi!!!

God, how timw flys....

Monaco's little cutie princess is heading towards the 40s with speed...lol....

...but still she is as pretty as she always was...

So lets wish the moegasque "Wild Child" all the best on her bday.....

Love ya, Stephie........

Michelle

Her cute compagnian is a Leonberger....his name is "Magic"....

...sweet , the two of them together, no...?

Michelle
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	me.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	2326  
Old 02-03-2003, 03:19 AM
Royal Highness

What an adorable dog!!

Thanks, Michelle, for the photo!

Julia
Old 02-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

..and she's such a loving person...always nice and tender.

People love her a lot for her natural looks and behaviour...

I'd like to know what you guys think of her..and her way of life?

Thanx, Michelle

kissing Jean-Yves 1990

hugging

with husband Daniel 1992

oh sorry...ex-husband...but stil, isn't that sweet?!

hanging around

relaxed...and my brother says sexy...lol

crazy....a girlie from the 80s

Pretty Woman
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	what_does_that_mean...mom...dad.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	2610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Definetly_understandable.....jpg
Views:	175
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	2612   Click image for larger version

Name:	hugging.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	2617   Click image for larger version

Name:	on_top_of_the_world.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	2619  

Name:	one_moment_in_life.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2622   Click image for larger version

Name:	standing_around.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	2623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Starship_One___Hamburg.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2624   Click image for larger version

Name:	the_80s.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	2625  

Name:	And_still_beeing_pictured....jpg
Views:	219
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	2626  
Old 02-13-2003, 01:52 PM
Commoner

i think that Stephanie is great, one of a kind.. the way she lives her live it's cool, at least she living more then i can say for others..
Old 02-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanx for that comment ,Jade.
It was really nice...and I'd say your right in every way.....

Hugging Louis....very close...lol

...and Pauline the same way....

shouting the place down...with Louis
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	louis_smootch.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	2639   Click image for larger version

Name:	mommy__s_here.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	2640   Click image for larger version

Name:	like_every_summer.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2641  
Old 02-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Michelle and Jade. I think that Stephanie, despite what some people say, has had a relatively tough life. Money and titles do not equal happiness. Stephanie (from what I've read in interviews and books) was an extremely lively little girl. Like sister Caroline she was very active and high spirited. I think she's had a tough time being a princess. It seems that Stephanie (in her younger days) would have much rather preferred to be just a "kid". After Grace's tragic death, Stephanie seemed to flounder a bit (as one would only expect) and was lost. The admirable thing is that she at least tried to find who she was when many would have simply hidden from life. She might have been wild, and sometimes outrageous, but that's what makes her the unique individual she is and now (ironically enough) she seems to enjoy the role of "mum" as much as anything in the world. She appears to be absolutely wonderful with her children and completely happy with her life. It's lovely to see her and her papa together now looking very close and happy with one another. I think Stephanie is finally finding her niche' in life and good for her because she (and her family) has certainly suffered enough.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:59 PM
Majesty

picture from http://alloverpress.dk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	3803   Click image for larger version

Views:	675
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	3804   Click image for larger version

Views:	703
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	3805   Click image for larger version

Views:	829
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	3806  

Views:	1227
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	3807   Click image for larger version

Views:	255
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	3808  
Old 04-01-2003, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Josefine! Thanks for the pics. :) I wouldn't mind going to Mauritius this time of year, either!

Hmm, Stephanie's bikini is, well, minimalistic.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Minimalistic doesn't even begin to describe it, Julia! :P

I never noticed how broad-shouldered Stephanie is before. In one of the pictures because of her stance, Stephanie has a very "masculine" look to her. Added witht that "minimalistic" bikini, Stephanie sort of reminds me of a female body builder in these pics.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hi!

She's believed to be in love with Adans Peres (29)...he's the older one of the two Peres Brothers. The two won a silver clown in Monaco 2 years ago (you can see the pic below)...At present the two brothers work for the circus Knie in Switzerland....

I really don't know how much about their love is true...

Michelle

...Adans is the one on Steph's left...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	peresmcf.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	4123  
Old 04-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Hmmm, maybe a younger man is just what Stephanie needs!

Thanks for the information, Michelle!
Old 04-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Hey galisteo. Thanks for posting the story. I read it on Hello! and thought it was a lot of rubbish. I, personally, think that the press loves to come up with a good "Grimaldi Horror Story" every once and while and this seems to be one of them.