Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^^^ previous
Good question. She has recently added quite a bit to the list. I can think of

Patron: Monaco Rugby

Ambassador: Peace and Sport
Special Olympics

Board member: Princess Grace Awards

President: Princess Charlene Foundation

Honorary capacity: Ladies Lunch
Monaa

Not sure what her role is in the Giving Organisation ( of emeritus archbishop Desmond Tutu ) or Born Free Foundation. Maybe someone can add to this?

She is

board member of the Princess Grace foundation

ambassador of the association of Peace and sport

honorary president of the Monaco Rugby association

global ambassador of the special olympics

honorary president of the ladies lunch

honorary president of Monaa ( autism against monaco)

co patron of the giving organisation with Desmond Tutu

patron of the born free foundation

patron of the Nelson Mandela foundation.

President of the princess Charlene foundatio

honorary president of Monaa ( autism against monaco)

Little typo here (other way round)

She has a lot of patronages etc, let nobody say that a princess just has to be pretty and dress nice!

excuse me she is
honorary president of Monaa ( Monaco against autism)

no , nowadays, a princess or queen must be busy not like the past centuries when they just had to be pretty and wear beautiful dresses.

Princess Charlene is very busy now, to day, she inaugurats the StarBuck shop in monaco

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...667.1073741862.286449344700945&type=1&theater

An Another photo of the inauguration with princess Charlene at the starbuck shop to day, given by the palace

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...667.1073741862.286449344700945&type=1&theater

In an interview of tatler three years ago Charlene said that she would like to see a star buck in monaco, some persons joked about this. The manager said to day that princess Charlene was always supporting them to open this shop. Well done princess Charlene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to figure out why this is an event that would warrant her presence? I love Starbucks, don't get me wrong, but seriously. Hopefully she tried the pumpkin loaf, it's delicious! Oh, and the oatmeal cookies are really good too. Yum! Now I'm getting hungry.

It is her duty now to inaugurate ant open a new shop in monaco and as the manager said it , princess Charlene supported a lot for an opening of a Starbucks in monaco.
I like the coat she wore to day

She was also attending to the concert of the Gospel of Soweto yesterday evening at Monaco

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaoiFy7IgAEldFi.jpg

Her brother Gareth attended as well! Here's a photo provided by the Palace that includes him as well.

And here's a very nice additional gallery of the opening of the Monte-Carlo Munchkins Club:

** parismatch.com: Charlène rayonnante au milieu des enfants **

And one of the Starbuck's opening today:

** voici.fr: PHOTOS Elle en rêvait, Charlène inaugure le premier Starbucks de Monaco **

Trying to figure out why this is an event that would warrant her presence? I love Starbucks, don't get me wrong, but seriously. Hopefully she tried the pumpkin loaf, it's delicious! Oh, and the oatmeal cookies are really good too. Yum! Now I'm getting hungry.

Starbucks does BIG BUSINESS in the world and is a great job creator. The royal family of Monaco very much see their role as more than just ceremonial. They are actually involved in the day-to-day running of the principality--this includes supporting economic interests and benefits for Monaco. A Starbucks in Monaco will provide many jobs for native Monegasques. And let's be real--when one Starbucks pops up, another is usually not far behind.

Starbucks does BIG BUSINESS in the world and is a great job creator. The royal family of Monaco very much see their role as more than just ceremonial. They are actually involved in the day-to-day running of the principality--this includes supporting economic interests and benefits for Monaco. A Starbucks in Monaco will provide many jobs for native Monegasques. And let's be real--when one Starbucks pops up, another is usually not far behind.
I am well aware of the business Starbucks does, I'm a gold card member myself. I guess that I'm so use to them popping up everywhere here that when one opens it's just not as big an event. That's all. Just struck me as odd/different that she would be there.

I am well aware of the business Starbucks does, I'm a gold card member myself. I guess that I'm so use to them popping up everywhere here that when one opens it's just not as big an event. That's all. Just struck me as odd/different that she would be there.

I must admit, however, that Starbucks must pale in comparison to all of the great cuisine and cafes in Monaco.

monaco is a little principauty where an opening of a shop is an event. and inauguring these shops belong to their duties . Prince Albert use to inaugurat opening of shops and of banks. prince Albert uses to inaugurat the openings of shops or banks. he is like the other members of the family involving of supporting ecomics interests and benefits for Monaco. All the inaugurations are the same for them and I think that it is not the last time that we will see Princess Charlene inauguring that sort of shop.

there is a video posted by the gospel of Soweto on there page of facebook. they sang the anthem of South Africa for princess Charlene

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...ffset=0&total_comments=15&notif_t=video_reply

I must admit, however, that Starbucks must pale in comparison to all of the great cuisine and cafes in Monaco.
You've got that right! All the French inspired foods, especially the pastries! OH my!! And truly a great café trumps Starbucks just about every time. And being that close to France. Don't get me started.
Gee thanks, now I'm seriously craving something crusty and sweet.

Nice video, Melina p. Love her warm and spontaneous response at the end. Lovely colourful outfits and beautiful singing too...

Princess Charlene gave an interview to Cyril Viguier last monday, she spoke about her life in Monaco, her childhood, her career of swimmer ,her foundation. Cyril Viguier offered her a book about Nelson Mandela at the end of the interview. We will be able to watch this interview on december 27th on tv Fr3 . Some photos during this interview

France 3: Cyril Viguier proposera, le 27 décembre prochain, un entretien de Charlène de Monaco

A another photo

Une interview de Charlène de Monaco - 06/12/2013 - leParisien.fr

... I' m wondering if she gave the interview in French or in English.... MMM...

Let me hazard a guess... English! But I hope I'm wrong.

Is there anywhere else the video can be watched? It would't load smoothly foe me and then the last few minutes there was no sound or video. Just a static shot.

I'd really love to see this, so any help is appreciated. :)

... I' m wondering if she gave the interview in French or in English.... MMM...

I really hope by now with 7 or 8 continuous years of residency in Monaco she can conduct and interview in French. If she cannot speak French now, she probably never will.:sad:

This morning a report about the admiration of princess Charlene for Nelson iMandela in the newspaper 'Monaco Matin' . She said ' we had no more nation, no more flag but we had Nelson mandela'

Nelson Mandela, un modèle pour la princesse Charlène | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

She will attend the memorial ceremony ro day and will attend with prince Albert next sunday december 15th to the funeral of nelson mandela.

Pics and information of Princess Charlene's attendance at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela can be found at the following extra-thread: Mandela has passed away! **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom