Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will we be able to watch this gala live tonight on the ZDF channel?

Angela, if you have the german channel zdf you could see the gala in live.
The royal correspondent site gives the link.of this tv, you go on the new of the princess charlene at berlin.

Thanks Melina Premiere I'll be sitting down to watch it, can't wait to see her gown tonight!

Princess Charlene has arrived in Berlin, Germany around midday and surprised the waiting crowds
and fans with the fact that she signed some autographs :) Prince Albert sometimes does so as well.

Asked how she liked Berlin, she said "I haven't had the time yet to really look around. But I think it's
great here!" She also said that it's her fourth visit in Berlin, so I guess the reporter either got her
answers wrong or Charlene meant that particular part of Berlin, otherwise those answers don't match ;)

Anyway here's a nice pic:

** Pic ** source **

Funny pic. It's colder in Berlin than it is in Monaco - wearing gloves. I'm looking forward to tonight.

She looks stunning. Strapless and dark red or is it brown?!

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
She is stunning, it is the times she is wearing this sort of color

Fransiska makes a beautiful tribute to charlene and Charlene makes a good speech after receiving the golden hearth, she was very moved

OMG she looks A-MAZ-ING! No one can pull it off on the big occasions like PC.

Here are some galleries from the charity gallery this evening:

** gettyimages gallery ** daylife/gettyimagesy/reuters ** ppe gallery **

** Hola: El corazón de oro de la princesa Charlene ** Hola gallery **

Unfortunately the voice of the translator was quite loud, so in case we'll get some videos on
the internet, it won't be possible to understand all of Charlene's original speech in English,
but I've seen it live and found it quite good. It was well-formulated and charmingly presented,
she did a good job thanking all the donors of the show, the organization "A Heart for Children"
and Germany as a whole. She talked about her plans with her foundation and her swimming
training. She could have been more concret with her future projects, but well it's only been
a short speech.

But what's really been terrible and embarrassing has been the hymn of praise by former swimmer
Franziska van Almsick. If I hadn't waited for Charlene herself, I would have switched off the TV!
In my eyes - and I know there will be many who'll disagree - it's been a bad choice to ask her.
She used the stage to praise her personal friendship and with that strengthen it. And she overdid
it with that and with the praise on what Charlene has achieved so far. If Charlene had worked
as a charity princess for 20-30 years already, it would have been a bit more reasonable, but
this way it's been absurd.

Thankfully Charlene saved the situation with her perfect appearance, the laudatory speech of
Franziska van Almsick has been wasted broadcasting time that could have been used for the
good cause of the show instead!

Last edited:
Thomas Gottschalk and Franziska van Almsick have also adressed her in the false style. They ranked her up to a royal highness, but Charlene is "only" a serene highness. Nonetheless I loved her appearance. When Michael Bolton was singing "Hallelujah" Charlene cried. What an emotional woman.

I know, I go now off-topic, but the stories of the projects have moved me. Sometimes I was short away from crying. The funniest moment of the show was for me was the appearance of the little boy Finn, who wanted to see the elefant "Ferdinand" (the mascot of "Ein Herz für Kinder") instead of Thomas Gottschalk.

What merits did she do to receive an award? Did I miss something?

Last edited:
Charlene had not time enough to be more concret, It was a tv show and she had to make a resume. We well know soon more about this. I like the tribute of Franziska von Almsick.She was her friend yes, she knows her more than us.
It is why Zdf wanted Franziska made the speech.They met when they were swimmers, they run for the special olimpics at the midemare.
Charlene was stunning, she made a good speech with a little stress, she is an emotional woman.I recall Prince Harry had also tears in his eyes at the end of this show last year

I stick to it that Franziska van Almsick's speech has been absurd and that she shouldn't have been given
a platform for her own (friendship) agenda.

As to your question, rosana, I also think that the price has been premature.
I wanted to see the show first before conceiving an opinion.

I think it's been a good idea to invite Charlene to the show, it's a very useful show and she fits into it,
she did a very good job last night.

But - she should not have been given an award. Instead of a hymn of praise and a speech of her own
(although that one has been good), a live interview would have been so much better. A chance to talk
with the moderator of the show about what she has done so far and what she plans for the future.
She could then have been invited again and awarded in 5 years or so.

On another subject: Here are some additional pics of the school visit on Friday:

** La princesse Charlene retourne à l'école et Stéphanie joue à la Mère Noël **

Charlene was stunning and very elegant at this gala, she makes a good speech after receiving the award of Ein Herz fur Kinder.
You think that the speech of Franziska was absurd it was premature Charlene received this prize, it is your advice, not the advice of the persons who decided to give the price to princess Charlene. It is done and it is unusufully to come back on it, we will see what Princess Charlene will do in the next months. I think she will do around the goods with the foundation.
During all this week, and particularly when she visited the collège friday and satueday evening she made a good work.

A short vidào of the gala of the ein herz fur Kinder
MYROYALS: PR

A short vidéo
Die Herzens-Nacht: Großes Staraufgebot bei der Live-Gala

Oh god!!!

There is something wrong about this and I have to say´it, even though I am going to sound rude. She did nothing for children, so what is this all about? People who gave her an award are just flattering her, and they must have some good reason!! I don´t know who these people are but they are certainly not god´s word for me. And I´m not swallowing all this publicity to put her on the spotlight, these last weeks and the zillion pictures of CW with children in Monaco, S, Africa, etc etc etc. I´m still waiting for someone to explain her merits on charity, what did she do all these years for instance, and not change the subject with shallow praises for a woman who has accopmlished nothing on her own, but is the product of publicty campaigns. There is nothing wrong with it, Monaco is in crisis as every other country, and is publizicing it´s image, even though the image of Monaco nowadays is far from what it used to be. But why doing it so clumsily? If Monaco wants to work for children, then do it! Do it first and then get your award,a s PC did last week after having worked for Amade for almost two decades. Do not use them or their porblems to make a profit out of it.

Last edited:
it is your advice, not the advice of the persons who decided to give the price to princess Charlene. It is done and it is unusufully to come back on it

Only because of the fact that certain persons responsible for a TV format have made a decision,
it doesn't have to be the right decision. And of course it would make sense to come back to the
show. Many others do so as well to show what they have achieved in the meantime and how
the donations have been used.

This is not a discussion of likes and dislikes, there's always a certain injustice involved when famous
people are awarded with social prices. There always are hundrets of people voluntarily working in
the same social field of duty who are never ever mentioned not even thanked for their commitment
to work and who often spend much more time on doing so.

If a famous person has worked in a social area with full commitment for years and gets a price - fine!
Not to forget the signal effect, the promotion for the good cause itself and inspiration for people who
suddenly feel like doing something similar themselves.

So the question whether a price is warrantable or not at a certain moment in life is always reasonable.

Everyone can find his or her own answer to that, so differing opinions have to be accepted on that.

I respect your opinion Iceflower, you have yours and I have mine. but we must also respect the person whose we are speaking. There are many persons who are making goods in the shadow who will help all their lives without having a prize. Charlene spoke of them in her speech of all the (volonteers who work hard) but these persons needs of persons who are famous to help her in their work of humanitory . It is like a collar , each peal makes the collar. Also I respect your opinion , it is not a harassemant.
In France, I read many good opinions on charlene presence and award in the coments of persons who saw the gala of yesterday

You are basically saying what I said as well, so we mainly agree - besides that I also found Charlene's appearance
good, appreciate what she has done so far and am sure she'll be a good working princess, I've said all that before
and won't repeat all I've said before in my previous posts ;) - the point only is that different opinions are acceptable
and it shouldn't end in an agitated discussion again. It's not necessary to pick on differing opinions, they can always
stand side by side as long as offence is excluded.

Charlene made a wonderful appearance last night. Just like a princess should be.
I respect the fact that F. v. Almsick was the one who held the laudatory speech. She was the one who knew Charlene the best at this evening. It also made her feel a bit more comfortable, I guess.
But friends, good friends like Franzi wanted to point out :whistling: I can hardly believe that. They know each other from some events, galas etc. But to me a so called good friend would be something completely different. So I agree with you iceflower.
Instead of talking about Charlene's charity work she constantly talked about this so called friendship.
As for the award I think it's ok. Charlene did a lot of good work with children. Most of it before she got married maybe that's why it's sort of controversial.
IMO the ZDF needed a VIP to join the gala and who also did good things to children. And not to forget the glamorous status inviting a new princess to this show.

Charlene made an excellent free speech at first, I was very impressed.
She got a bit nervous, but standing in front of so many people and talking about such a moving issue, she handled it very very well. My deep respect for that!
And when Michael Bolton sang and Charlene cried I was deeply moved by that.
Just like on her wedding day when she began to cry at Saint Devote when this mother and daughter sang the beautiful song.
I bet Albert sat in front of the tv and was very proud of his wife!

btw, here is a video of the evening (small summery):
Die Herzens-Nacht: Großes Staraufgebot bei der Live-Gala

Here's another short video of the evening. Apparently they won't be uploading the whole show :ermm:
Startseite - ZDF Mediathek

I have to admit I'm a real fan of Ronan Parke and "feeling good" :D

Here are some new pics from yesterday evening:
http://www.profimedia.cz/editorial

Van Almsick has been annoying for years, she is trying to get an important job as a sports moderator and is using her connectings in order to get attention on the big screen, Charlene just became a victim here. A bit off topic but in her times as a swimmer Van Almsick was a great drama queen, throwing tantrums and leaving competitions if the press wasnt kind enough. I think she is just jumping on the Charlene bandwaggon and we all know Charlene is usually fond of everything that reminds her of her old days, how fitting that Van Almsick is trying to transform into a charity/society lady, in case the serious presenter stuff doesnt work out for her.

Back to Charlene, I think she did really well and I find her completely genuine when it comes to children's causes.

Some pictures from the event :Princess Charlene Of Monaco Arrives For The Ein Herz Fuer

Princess Charlene Of Monaco Arrives For The Ein Herz Fuer

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

She's wearing a copper colour gown,I think.

The pictures over at newscom are better I think..one more from getty :Princess Charlene Of Monaco Arrives For The Ein Herz Fuer

She looks great.

Holy Cow, this is thee most beautiful picture I think I've ever seen!:ohmy::flowers:

Seriously, not since the late Princess Diana, have I seen such an exquisitely beautiful Princess.

This photo(s) are what I consider art, it honestly doesn't get any better than the blood red dress that Princess Charlene wore here, leastways for me.

I'm still in awe.... (thanks to all that posted pics)

BRAVO to Princess Charlene for bringing glamour back to the Principality of Monaco. *cheers* :cool::)

As for the award I think it's ok. Charlene did a lot of good work with children. Most of it before she got married maybe that's why it's sort of controversial.

No she didn´t. People who do not follow the family and drop here to read something could leave with another idea because you are misinforming them. She never did anythign at all before marrying, only attended a couple of galas in which she was not involved. It would be disrespectful for people who really work on this to call it work.

At least you call Charlene family now lol.

No she didn´t. People who do not follow the family and drop here to read something could leave with another idea because you are misinforming them. She never did anythign at all before marrying, only attended a couple of galas in which she was not involved. It would be disrespectful for people who really work on this to call it work.

I may be wrong since I don't really follow them this much but I heard she received the award for giving swiming lesson for those who can't afford it, so yes, if this is true, she did something before her wedding apart from being an olympic swimmer. :flowers:

Last edited:
If you disagree with her getting the award would it not be best to take it up with the committee that decided to give her the award rather than blame the princess for being given the award.

I'm a Charlene fan, but I can't figure out why she received the award so soon. I'm not outraged, but puzzled. Just like I was puzzled (and outraged) when the current US president got the Nobel "for actions he may take in the future."

She did look stupendous, tho.

I'm a Charlene fan, but I can't figure out why she received the award so soon. I'm not outraged, but puzzled. Just like I was puzzled (and outraged) when the current US president got the Nobel "for actions he may take in the future."

She did look stupendous, tho.
Now you got a point there!!! But I will not discuss that here :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom