Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TODAY - Home
The interview of the princess charlene on the channel nine

Princess Charlene gets to the very point, when referring to the expectations [from the public] of what a princess should be. I don't know what she assumes to be expected, but I think it is obvious that she has frictions of how to fullfill the expected role. She says that "I'm just the sports woman"! There you go. IMO, she has not yet been able to combine her personality ("sports woman") with her "expected princess" role. Perhaps she should ignore the expectations and try to draw more from her natural (sporty) personality instead of forcing herself to a serene highness or a fashion icon.

This interview is very short but princess Charlene was very nature, humble, she made a beautiful tribute to her mother in law, She speaks about her charity work she was very charming as the people who were at the today show were saying. I don' see any problems about the short sentence I am just the sports woman , she adjustes to this role as her mother in law did at the begining.
The travel to Australia which was just at the beginning the opening of the Princess Grace show at Bendigo was more important, with the opening Bendigo, the dinner at the town hall with the mayoress of Melbourne, the visit to the swimming pool and the visit to the house of Monaco( see the photo on Profimedia) and at the end the visit of the special school at Shanghai. Charlene made a good job in solo and stayed very nature specially with the children

And like Lisa Wilkinson (the one who interviewed Charlene) said, she is really cool. So she isn't shy, nervous or anything like that.
I think she knows what she's doing and has adjusted to her role as princess of monaco!

I agree that during this interview she was indeed very natural. We do see her natural side from time to time. And good for that!

What I mean by friction is the difference between her easy-going natural side shown here and her sometimes forced appearance shown in public occasions. She wants to fulfill a role of a princess and sometimes gives an constrained impression. As if she had to suppress her own personality in order to look like a perfect princess. If she feels a sporty girl, why not be a sporty princess. :)

:previous:I do quite a bit of public speaking in my job. I am a different person when I am "on stage" than afterward at the usual reception. I think it may be that way for Charlene, too.

I commend her for visiting Shanghai ON HER OWN. She obviously has a great deal of poise to visit a foreign country solo with less than a year as Princess of Monaco.

Cheers to Charlene!

Do we know if she has any other engaements in China lined up? It would be strange if she went there to only do one thing.

I think she has no more engagements in China, she was there as ambassador of special olympics.

I don't think she has anything else planned for China.
But I think this visit in Shanghai was a perfect stop over from Australia to Monaco. So the long flight could be splitted into two halfes.

I think she is coming along quite nicely in her new role. She jumped into official engagements, both with and without her husband, and now solo trips abroad. On the fashion front, everyone has there own style, and I am sure hers will continue to develop over the coming years. She came across well in the Australian tv interview, and the reporter had nice things to say about her afterwards.
She will put her own imprint on the job of Princess Consort, no need to copy anyone else or try to be anyone else. She needs to stay true to herself and do the job in a way that is comfortable for her and as she said "swim her own race".

The picture of her with Yao Ming is the first time I have ever seen her appear short, lol.

Yao Ming is very tall, He is a geant . Monaco info made a report about the travel of Charlene in Australia, we saw that she had official events as the visit to the house of Monaco where she gave diploms , the diner given for her by the mayoress of Melbourne and the visit to the pool.

Yao Ming is very tall, He is a geant.

Bonjour, :flowers:

Hey ... Melina Premiere, I thought it would be exaggerating about the adjective géant but you right ... cette une balèze. :lol:

His wife does not need a ladder when she want to change the bulbs in the kitchen. :lol:

Sorry ... but when I saw him (Yao Ming), he came to my memory Richard Kiel, who appeared with Roger Moore in several films 007. :lol: And Moore have 6' 1" (1.85 m) of height. :whistling:

http://www.autographshow.com/jaws2.jpg
http://www.tomsoter.com/files/images/JAMES BOND 62-89_0019.jpg

Last edited:
Monaco Channel - Chaîne Officielle du Gouvernement Princier

Video includes her other engagements in Australia as well as the gallery opening.

There is a suit towards the end of the video - beige, with a cute 'almost' bolero-type jacket that has a cinched in waist at the back - ooooh! I like it very much! Her hair was up in an interesting way at the back - all-in-all looked very, very good. Elegant, regal - seriously beautiful lines - and she was glowing. Very nice. Every inch 'the princess' - not a dissappointment for those little girls, I think, lined up and looking so happy at who they were about to meet. So sweet. :flowers:

Yes, that one is gorgeous. Look at that smile. !! :flowers:

From Australia to Shanghai. ! WOW. ! I had been impressed by the fact that she was practically flying solo on the Australian trip. I hadn't been aware that she was then undertaking more duties / work in Shanghai. This girl needs to prove herself to NO ONE. !! She is a class act. !!!

I like that picture of Charlene. She looks radiant and her smile is great. She is an attractive young woman.

Where was she when she presented something to Andrew Cannon the Honorary Consul of Monaco? Was it Melbourne Town Hall? and does anyone know what day this was? I know she visited the Melbourne Aquatic Centre on the Friday and attended a dinner with the Lady Mayoress that night then she opened the exhibition on the Saturday so I am thinking that this engagement may have been her first one perhaps on the Thursday. News of her engagements is appearing in a higgeldy-piggeldy kind of way so I can't figure out the exact chronology of the visit. What HAS emerged is that this Australian trip turned out to be a far bigger event that most of us expected it to be!

Last edited:
There was little or no information available regarding her engagements whilst in Melbourne. I tried to contact the Consul General via email however received no response. I would have loved to catch a glimpse of her somewhere. The Consul General's building is off St Kilda Rd in Melbourne. It's an amazing building, known for it's very edgy architecture, you can check it out on the Net.
\
Where was she when she presented something to Andrew Cannon the Honorary Consul of Monaco? Was it Melbourne Town Hall? and does anyone know what day this was? I know she visited the Melbourne Aquatic Centre on the Friday and attended a dinner with the Lady Mayoress that night then she opened the exhibition on the Saturday so I am thinking that this engagement may have been her first one perhaps on the Thursday. News of her engagements is appearing in a higgeldy-piggeldy kind of way so I can't figure out the exact chronology of the visit. What HAS emerged is that this Australian trip turned out to be a far bigger event that most of us expected it to be!

Ther is this photo on the profimedia editorial
HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco at Monaco House in ... fotografie | fotobanka Profimedia #0121470891
on this photo, it is said that it was at the house of Monaco, on monaco info they speak about the visit of Charlene to the House of Monaco, it is there where we see her giving a diplom to the consul of Monaco.
Herald Sun said that that there will be a diner in honor of princess Charlene friday evening
The palace announced only the opening of Princess Grace exhibition on the official site of the palace by Princess Charlene .

Princess Charlene seemed to be very well received here in Australia. She did Monaco ( and herself) proud and I am off to Bendigo to see the exhibition in a few weeks. Looking forward to seeing this lovely lady blossom into her role as princess as time goes by.

It must have been quite cold, as HSH was wearing her sweater coat and a trench jacket. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

That's what I thought too. Totally different than Australia. Thx Melina for the links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom