Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Yes, you are right, this award is a bit too early BTW.

I'm a Charlene fan, but I can't figure out why she received the award so soon. I'm not outraged, but puzzled. Just like I was puzzled (and outraged) when the current US president got the Nobel "for actions he may take in the future."

She did look stupendous, tho.

You touched a good point! For both!

Charlene received a award as other ordinary girl or ordinary man received order at the eve of their wedding wirh a heir prince or a heir princess. Some men received titles because they married spanish princesses. These persons did nothing before their wedding, but the people of these countries have to be scientifics, have ro defend big causes , or have to do goods around them during long years before receiving these same decorations or orders.
Charlène trained during long years young south africa children, she swam for south africa special olimpics at Midmare and raised founds to help her going in Athens in july. Do you know many princesses who tought to other persons before their wedding?
She was at the foundation Nelson Mandela to help persons at the world football cup in 2010.
She is co patron with desmond tutu at the giving organisation a big organisation, she raised money lately and gave it when she met last week Desmond Tutu in Cap town.
It is perhaps not enough but this award is not the nobel Prize. Committee judged it was enough.
In france, I can say you that all the comments are positiv in the forums about Charlène.

After looking at the videos, it looked like this event was more of a fundraiser than an awards show. There were lots of celebrities there and Prince Harry and George Clooney were previous award winners. They raised 13 million Euro so I would say it was a success. If giving a famous person an award is a way to get them to go to the event to raise money for children's charities, I don't have a problem with it.

After looking at the videos, it looked like this event was more of a fundraiser than an awards show. There were lots of celebrities there and Prince Harry and George Clooney were previous award winners. They raised 13 million Euro so I would say it was a success. If giving a famous person an award is a way to get them to go to the event to raise money for children's charities, I don't have a problem with it.
Finally someone who understands that it wasn't all about Charlene and this award.
She was guest of honor, surely because the media (BILD) needed the attention in order to raise a lot of money.
I totally agree with your statement. The reason why or if she got this award should be side issue.

I may be wrong since I don't really follow them this much but I heard she received the award for giving swiming lesson for those who can't afford it, so yes, if this is true, she did something before her wedding apart from being an olympic swimmer. :flowers:

I know so many people who dedicated their lives to the poor in my own country and others. Doctors, nuns, volunteers who travel to countriea in Africa where children are starving or dying of sexually transmitted diseases, malaria, etc. I think we all know what charity is, let´s not be hipocryte. This award is absurd. They probably handed out an award to someone who deserved it that night, but this was not the case.
Swimming lessons are considered charity? I gave some poor people some clothes I didn´t use anymore, I want my award:ROFLMAO:

I think Charlene did very well with her speech considering she was on own with out Albert being beside her....you can see she put in a lot of practice when addressing the audience, I think she is sincere about her charity and this is just the beginning of her journey....so what she received an award good on her, this will bring her even more into the public eye and give her an early confidence boost in believing in what she is doing is being taken seriously by other people.....lastly Albert must be very proud of his wife in the way she presented herself at the presentation....Well done Charlene:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I know so many people who dedicated their lives to the poor in my own country and others. Doctors, nuns, volunteers who travel to countriea in Africa where children are starving or dying of sexually transmitted diseases, malaria, etc. I think we all know what charity is, let´s not be hipocryte. This award is absurd. They probably handed out an award to someone who deserved it that night, but this was not the case.
Swimming lessons are considered charity? I gave some poor people some clothes I didn´t use anymore, I want my award:ROFLMAO:

Yes but I think it's unfair to say that she did nothing if she actually gave swimming lesson. OK, IMO it's not enough to be given an award but still, it proves that she is willing to do something good even before her wedding and that she doesn't fake her actual charity work. I can't name another princess who did the same. I too think it's a "bit" early but maybe they needed someone prestigious, willing to do charity (for real) and famous (like a new-wedded princess for example) in order to raise publicity (so more people would give) and in that case, Princess Charlène is a good choice and also I'm always happy to see a Grimaldi be awarded because I like them all without any exception ;) .

Last edited:
FanofMonaco and Smush, at least, somebody who looked this videos and understood that this show was not for only Charlène. This was a show who collected money to help Children in not.
In her speech,she spoke about the work of prince Albert and the associations of monaco who gave so much. It was the first times she spoke in public, she was a little stressed but it was good, with the visit to the collège alone friday and this show we see that she worked a lot to be a good princess. I think she will suceed. She brings glamour again in Monaco.
Charlene von Monaco bei

FanofMonaco and Smush, at least, somebody who looked this videos and understood that this show was not for only Charlène.

There are not only two people who watched the show and understood. I would even say most
have understood what the show is about.

We are going round in circles again - it's okay if some people think the award was well-deserved
and it is okay that some people think it was given too early.

The whole "award" scene is awash with so-called "awards".
However, we mustn't forget that most of them actually help some good causes.
In Charlene's case, she gives away some of her money, and in return she gets brownie points.

What is the problem with that???

The whole "award" scene is awash with so-called "awards".
However, we mustn't forget that most of them actually help some good causes.
In Charlene's case, she gives away some of her money, and in return she gets brownie points.

What is the problem with that???

How do you know? Which money? She never worked. You mean PA´s money!

That would be correct. It's no longer PA's money alone. It's PA's and PC's. That's called marriage.

I would really enjoy seeing you participating in the Olympics as an athlete without working.

Well said smdouglas
The last week, Charlene was very activ with the prince or alone, what we all saw that she could attend at a event alone as to visit the collège; she visited many departments in this collège(sciences, culture, sport) she had many good contacts with pupils of Monaco in speaking with them and she could do a speech in front of distinguish people and to be glamour (Berlin)
She did a good job.

You have every right not to like her (an understatement) but then WHY do you follow her threads ? :bang: I always ignore people I don't like !:bang:

That would be correct. It's no longer PA's money alone. It's PA's and PC's. That's called marriage.

I would really enjoy seeing you participating in the Olympics as an athlete without working.

It is still PA´s money, and she can use it as long as it is useful to promote her foundation. You do not think she has all the Grimaldi´s money at her disposal, do you?

Second. She never participated in the Olympics. She didn´t clasify. You keep telling lies about her. Some people who drop here by chance may believe them. Why do you do it? Do you feel better building up a fake image about her?

Do you feel that being a negative poster, you will gain what? She is an Olympic Class swimmer. She was part of the South African 4x100 relay team in the 2000 Summer Olympics, they finished 5th. So, you are quite off the mark. Plus, as the wife of the prince or as any wife she is the half owner. She has a ton of money at her disposal.

It is still PA´s money, and she can use it as long as it is useful to promote her foundation. You do not think she has all the Grimaldi´s money at her disposal, do you?

Second. She never participated in the Olympics. She didn´t clasify. You keep telling lies about her. Some people who drop here by chance may believe them. Why do you do it? Do you feel better building up a fake image about her?

Nope...as a married couple in Monaco, they share the funds - much as is the case in most of the world.

Try checking out the Olympic reality:

Olympic Sports
Wikipedia

You, obviously, don't live in the same world as I do. I prefer to live in this world.

She did participate... I think she placed sixth as an individual swimming backstroke. That's actually something that tells me she's probably pretty down to earth, and just shy- swimming is not a glamorous sport, it's very hard and takes a ton of dedication and work. As an Olympic class swimmer, she had to work incredibly hard day in and day out.

If she brings that dedication to her role in Monaco, she will truly shine. From what I've seen, she's already beginning to do so.

Actually it was 5th place in the womens 4 x 100 medley at the 2000 Summer Olympics. The team won a silver medal in the same event at the 2002 Commonwealth Games. in 2007 she reclaimed her South African championship in the womens 50m backstroke.

Last edited:
Actually it was 5th place in the womens 4 x 100 medley at the 2000 Summer Olympics. The team won a silver medal in the same event at the 2002 Commonwealth Games. in 2007 she reclaimed her South African championship in the womens 50m backstroke.

I thought she swam individual events as well as the relay in that games?

Nope...as a married couple in Monaco, they share the funds - much as is the case in most of the world.

Try checking out the Olympic reality:

Olympic Sports
Wikipedia

You, obviously, don't live in the same world as I do. I prefer to live in this world.

If they divorce, she won´t go away with half the Grimaldi´s fortune, so she does not own half of it. They must have made it perfectly clear with a contract before the wedding.
I do not mean she does not have a lot at her disposal and that, much before the wedding.

Thank you so much for the information! How could I forget the team competition:bang: I must have been thinking about individual swimming. I think that the fakeness around her made me forget her impressive accomplishments. Now, if your links say she did not qualify for Beijing, and the palace says she did, which one you would say belongs to your world?

In 2007, she ceased competing after qualifying for the Beijing Olympics.

Biography - Prince

Perhaps when you show us your Olympic medals or your Argentinian national records your opinion on athletic success will have more value.

Last edited:

As a reminder: This is a current events thread for Princess Charlene! Let's get back to the topic of
this thread and stay respectful even if the views on certain things vary significantly.

For a discussion about Princess Charlene's former swimming career please re-check the information
posted at the following thread and continue the discussion there if desired:

** Charlene Wittstock's Education & Swimming Career **

LOLL,The award that PC got is already nestling comfortably in one of rooms at the private apartments of the couple.She'd already moved on ..like the rest of us.

If you have any complaints about it,direct it to the german committee who deemed her good enough to get an award.Evryone seemed happy at the picture during that event,just saying.

Last edited:
(...)

Charlene will speak in 2012 about the foundation Princess Charlene, foundation who make goods for children and mothers.We can not speak only about happyness of persons and do not hope the unhappyness of persons even when we do not like them, for me, it is not my religion and it is Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if Charlene could walk on water or even if she could heal cancer, for some people it will never be enough.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year. With the Princess Charlene Foundation coming up there will be a lot to write about in this thread :D

A australian local newspaper anounces to day that princess charlene will attend the opening of the Princess Grace exhibition at Bendigo on Martch 2012, I don't know if it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom