Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C4A, I will try to resume you the video. Excuse me for the english faults.
Princess Charlène met the students of the collège Charles III, She attended the annual christmas mass. It was very festiv. The ministre said that P Charlène spoke to the students very simply, she answered to all the questions they asked. ' the questions were ' Where will you pass your holidays this year? Is it difficult to be preincess and so...
She met the staff of teachers, she spoke to them about her foundation and about the projects she would like to see in the colleges of Monaco.

C4A, I will try to resume you the video. Excuse me for the english faults.
Princess Charlène met the students of the collège Charles III, She attended the annual christmas mass. It was very festiv. The ministre said that P Charlène spoke to the students very simply, she answered to all the questions they asked. ' the questions were ' Where will you pass your holidays this year? Is it difficult to be preincess and so...
She met the staff of teachers, she spoke to them about her foundation and about the projects she would like to see in the colleges of Monaco.
It looks like she is confident enough to speak in French to an audience, so her language proficiency must be improving!:flowers:

Thanks, Melina P, for your summary. I am impressed if she spoke in French. It looks like she enjoyed being there. Where will they spend their holidays?...and nothing wrong with you english, by the way.

Maybe I've missed something, I've understood around 96 % of the spoken text and interviews, but for me there was no hint whether she spoke French or English, especially as to the presentation in the end. It would of course be great if her French was already that good!

I'm not sure at all, but in the last few seconds in the video where we could hear her voice I felt she was speaking English!

We do not hear her speaking in this report, Only the wife who is speaking ( a ministre) said that she answered very kindly to the studentsn we are seing in the videos of monaco info that she was speaking to the old persons or to the children durinf the chritmas gifts Thet do not speak all english. All the reports say that she understands when somebody speaks her and she can replay in french short sentences .
We will perhaps know a little more on january 13th 2013 because there will be on the french channel M6 a report about Albert with his staff , whith his wife and with the princely family. The tv followed him during all the last year. It is said we could see for the first time the couple in their privat appartments.

Un an dans la vie du Prince Albert de Monaco (Zone interdite le 13 janvier). - Leblogtvnews.com

If she spoke French she would have made the video of ehr foundation in French. It is easier to say somehting you have memorized than answering questions.

If she spoke French she would have made the video of ehr foundation in French. It is easier to say somehting you have memorized than answering questions.

The video was supposed to be in a language that most people in the world would understand, thus English was the perfect choice!

The minister of the education said that Princess Charlene spoke very simply to the students and the dtudents are feeling very close to their princess and they love her.
The director of the college said that the srudents were very happy to see princess charlene and could speak with her like ordinary persons.
Those persons (you saw speaking in the video) were saying what was very important that the students were very happy to see p. Charlène and that Charlène is very close with this collège and there was a good vibe between them.
Charlene could present her foundation to a staff of teachers and present projects she would like to see in the collèges of the principality. . Try to do a speech in your own language in front of many persons ! and you will see that it is already difficult .
Chaelène did a good work.

Princess Charlene will be the special guest at Radio Monaco this evening!

She'll be on air from 6 pm till 7 pm (Central European Time), the radio station has a live broadcast here!

** Announcement **

yes, already hearing it.
And not only great to hear her talk about different things but to hear her favorite songs and her style in music.

Last edited:
I just hate that they are covering her voice with the translator, I barely understood few phrases of French :(

But her taste in music is really great!

I think the headset she was wearing was for a translator to help her understand, right?

Am I the only one who found it bizarre for a French language radio station to conduct an interview with someone who can't speak the language? I know this happens on tv but then you usually have subtitles or the interview is short and has the benefit of being able to see the interviewee. Hearing Charlene's voice in the background was just silly imo.

Maybe, she can understand more than she can speak and the translation helps. Ones doea what one can. Speaking a foreign language is difficult for many.

i also find it difficult to understand what's being said while translating on top of it. i can understand french, but it's annoying as one looses attention as there's the back voice disturbing... it's a shame, i think much of the message of charlene is lost because the listener gets tired of being attentive and disconnects now and again.
otherwise, i think charlene has been trained on public speaking. she was a bit less cautious at the beginning and now she obviously has been taught on what to say, how to behave when speaking in public, etc.

Last edited:
Prince Albert II of Monaco's wife Princess Charlene (L) poses with US actor Kevin Coster before the Haute Couture Spring-Summer 2013 Versace collection show, on January 20, 2013 in Paris. AFP PHOTO / FRANCOIS GUILLOT

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3

Gettyimages.com 1 ** Gettyimages 2

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE this one! for no reason, it just looks so glam and unique!

Last edited:
I prefer akso this one too, Charlene is very smart and fine, I like also her h

excuse me, I like also her hairdo

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looks for Charlene.
Especially at the Versace show!!!

She looks radiant. I really like her hair at the Dior show!

Great looks for Charlene.
Especially at the Versace show!!!

She looks radiant. I really like her hair at the Dior show!

I agree she really did look radiant!

I was wondering why Charlene did not go to the Armani, Chanel ans KL Show. After all they designed her wedding dresses. Or wasn't there any Show?

Smush said:
I was wondering why Charlene did not go to the Armani, Chanel ans KL Show. After all they designed her wedding dresses. Or wasn't there any Show?

Charlene and Armani aren't exactly friends as they used to be, rumors were that she didn't like the outfit they designed for William and Kate's wedding and that this started the issues. Charlene hasn't worn Armani since her wedding and this raises speculations. About Chanel, I think they just didn't invite her, Charlene doesn't wear much of Chanel, mostly her Chanel items are accessories, I guess her civil wedding outfit was designed by Chanel to honor family friend, Karl Lagerfeld.

I'm not getting who you.mean by KL, Karl?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom