The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

TODAY - Home
The interview of the princess charlene on the channel nine

Old 03-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Administrator

Here's another nice gallery of pics of the school visit yesterday:

** gettyimages/ChinaFotoPress: CHN: Princess Charlene Of Monaco Visits Shanghai ** wenn gallery **

** Hola: Charlene de Mónaco: solidaridad en Shanghái ** translation **

** parismatch gallery : Charlène, la générosité sans frontières **

Old 03-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
TODAY - Home
The interview of the princess charlene on the channel nine
Princess Charlene gets to the very point, when referring to the expectations [from the public] of what a princess should be. I don't know what she assumes to be expected, but I think it is obvious that she has frictions of how to fullfill the expected role. She says that "I'm just the sports woman"! There you go. IMO, she has not yet been able to combine her personality ("sports woman") with her "expected princess" role. Perhaps she should ignore the expectations and try to draw more from her natural (sporty) personality instead of forcing herself to a serene highness or a fashion icon.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

This interview is very short but princess Charlene was very nature, humble, she made a beautiful tribute to her mother in law, She speaks about her charity work she was very charming as the people who were at the today show were saying. I don' see any problems about the short sentence I am just the sports woman , she adjustes to this role as her mother in law did at the begining.
The travel to Australia which was just at the beginning the opening of the Princess Grace show at Bendigo was more important, with the opening Bendigo, the dinner at the town hall with the mayoress of Melbourne, the visit to the swimming pool and the visit to the house of Monaco( see the photo on Profimedia) and at the end the visit of the special school at Shanghai. Charlene made a good job in solo and stayed very nature specially with the children
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 AM
Courtier

And like Lisa Wilkinson (the one who interviewed Charlene) said, she is really cool. So she isn't shy, nervous or anything like that.
I think she knows what she's doing and has adjusted to her role as princess of monaco!
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Nobility

I agree that during this interview she was indeed very natural. We do see her natural side from time to time. And good for that!

What I mean by friction is the difference between her easy-going natural side shown here and her sometimes forced appearance shown in public occasions. She wants to fulfill a role of a princess and sometimes gives an constrained impression. As if she had to suppress her own personality in order to look like a perfect princess. If she feels a sporty girl, why not be a sporty princess. :-)
Old 03-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I do quite a bit of public speaking in my job. I am a different person when I am "on stage" than afterward at the usual reception. I think it may be that way for Charlene, too.

I commend her for visiting Shanghai ON HER OWN. She obviously has a great deal of poise to visit a foreign country solo with less than a year as Princess of Monaco.

Cheers to Charlene!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Do we know if she has any other engaements in China lined up? It would be strange if she went there to only do one thing.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she has no more engagements in China, she was there as ambassador of special olympics.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Courtier

I don't think she has anything else planned for China.
But I think this visit in Shanghai was a perfect stop over from Australia to Monaco. So the long flight could be splitted into two halfes.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she is coming along quite nicely in her new role. She jumped into official engagements, both with and without her husband, and now solo trips abroad. On the fashion front, everyone has there own style, and I am sure hers will continue to develop over the coming years. She came across well in the Australian tv interview, and the reporter had nice things to say about her afterwards.
She will put her own imprint on the job of Princess Consort, no need to copy anyone else or try to be anyone else. She needs to stay true to herself and do the job in a way that is comfortable for her and as she said "swim her own race".
Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Princess Charlene has a ball in Shanghai
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lene-shanghai/
Old 03-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The picture of her with Yao Ming is the first time I have ever seen her appear short, lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yao Ming is very tall, He is a geant . Monaco info made a report about the travel of Charlene in Australia, we saw that she had official events as the visit to the house of Monaco where she gave diploms , the diner given for her by the mayoress of Melbourne and the visit to the pool.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Courtier

A video with a small interview of Charlene in Shanghai.

Monaco Princess joins Yao Ming for charity - China.org.cn
Old 03-15-2012, 01:39 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Yao Ming is very tall, He is a geant.
Bonjour,

Hey ... Melina Premiere, I thought it would be exaggerating about the adjective géant but you right ... cette une balèze.

His wife does not need a ladder when she want to change the bulbs in the kitchen.

Sorry ... but when I saw him (Yao Ming), he came to my memory Richard Kiel, who appeared with Roger Moore in several films 007. And Moore have 6' 1" (1.85 m) of height.

http://www.autographshow.com/jaws2.jpg
http://www.tomsoter.com/files/images...62-89_0019.jpg

Old 03-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco Channel - Chaîne Officielle du Gouvernement Princier

Video includes her other engagements in Australia as well as the gallery opening.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Monaco Channel - Chaîne Officielle du Gouvernement Princier

Video includes her other engagements in Australia as well as the gallery opening.
There is a suit towards the end of the video - beige, with a cute 'almost' bolero-type jacket that has a cinched in waist at the back - ooooh! I like it very much! Her hair was up in an interesting way at the back - all-in-all looked very, very good. Elegant, regal - seriously beautiful lines - and she was glowing. Very nice. Every inch 'the princess' - not a dissappointment for those little girls, I think, lined up and looking so happy at who they were about to meet. So sweet.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I prefer this one
Photo from Reuters Pictures
Yes, that one is gorgeous. Look at that smile. !!

From Australia to Shanghai. ! WOW. ! I had been impressed by the fact that she was practically flying solo on the Australian trip. I hadn't been aware that she was then undertaking more duties / work in Shanghai. This girl needs to prove herself to NO ONE. !! She is a class act. !!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

I like that picture of Charlene. She looks radiant and her smile is great. She is an attractive young woman.

Closed Thread

Tags
charlene, princess charlene