Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to Caroline's face? An injury?

Aging. She hasn't aged good. Pity.
She looks quite good anyway.

I love what she's wearing ~ classic elegant lovely Princess Caroline. :flowers:

Seems the same outfit she wore May 5th, as president of the jury that decided about chasubles, don't you think so?

Just age i'm afraid!!! :ermm:

I'm also afraid it is age and lifestyle, most unfortunately.
Oh, she was such a beauty!

Aging. She hasn't aged good. Pity.
She looks quite good anyway.
Hi, Nathalie! Sorry, but I did not understand: she has not aged good but looks quite good?!? How come, what do you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, her face is not that good. I don't know why she "leaves" herself. I mean her face, because her body is quite good, from what i can see of course.

Last edited:
She is a 54 year old woman, so it is natural that she would start to show signs of aging. At least she hasn't felt the need to get herself "refreshed" during one of her holidays in Brazil.

Well an, we are talking about Caroline! She has something in her that, even without having aging so well, we can (or at least I) see her that she was once a very beautiful woman. And she has this class and aura, so special, that makes her look good, despite of not aging so well. I don't know if you understand me now? :)

She is a 54 year old woman, so it is natural that she would start to show signs of aging. At least she hasn't felt the need to get herself "refreshed" during one of her holidays in Brazil.

:lol: Why the association between "refreshment" and Brasil? And, as far as I know, it was just one holiday in Rio, wasn't it?

Well an, we are talking about Caroline! She has something in her that, even without having aging so well, we can (or at least I) see her that she was once a very beautiful woman. And she has this class and aura, so special, that makes her look good, despite of not aging so well. I don't know if you understand me now? :)

Absolutely! Thanks! :flowers:

Because of her high cheekbones, the sagging skin has thus created that crevice that gives the impression of a bruise or a dark discoloration.

It fascinates me that Princess Caroline has maintained her shoulder length hair. Many mature women opt for a shorter haircut that is easier to maintain and may be considered age-appropriate. But because of her hairstyle, Princess Caroline has still maintained that youthful energy in her look. The skin is less elastic; after all she's in her 50's. But because she has generally kept her hair in the same length (of course not counting her bout with alopecia and the shorter styles she tried in various times) and has kept it properly dyed in the medium to dark brown range, she succeeds in projecting a younger look. Her posture of course helps a lot too.

I know some women who are 55 even 60 years old and their face is really good for their age. It is not botox or some little refreshments of lifting and surgery that can make them look fine. It is how you take care of yourself and of course the habits you have in your daily life: smoking, drinking, eating non good foods etc.
Caro could look much better, but - taking into account the opposite side -she could have been worse.

Last edited:
Alot of it has to do with living on the Riviera. People don't live there to stay inside all day. The same with Florida and California in the US.

I cannot believe that people are not talking about genes, yes, genes account for over 70% of not only how one ages, but also one's health and how long they will live. Fact. The other, of course, is luck as well as how well one takes care of oneself.

Take my mother for instance, she honest to God has the succulent skin of a woman in her 20's, and the beauticians and doctors say it's because she has *good skin* (Thank God for those French genes!) ~ it is naturally moist, she doesn't have to do a thing, and doesn't, lol ~ except get a massage now & then, as well as a facial once a year. That's it. Verdad!

Also, I recall my dentist telling me once that some people never brush their teeth and yet have never had a cavity in their life! :eek: Yet some people brush constantly and no matter what get cavities (my dad's Swedish genes, unfortunately, lol). I asked how this is possible, and he told me it's just good genes/hereditary. The same thing applies to skin as well.

That said, I honestly think Princess Caroline has aged *gracefully*. I mean what do you people expect a 54 yr. old woman to look like? Someone without wrinkles? Yes, like my mother, there are people out there like that, but that's the exception in my experience, not the rule. And then there are those unfortunate souls that have inherited truly bad genes, no matter how much lotion they put on, et al, wrinkles abound (speaking of my older sister's best friend btw; they're the same age, but everybody thinks my sister is her daughter). Therefore, imho, Princess Caroline has aged considerably well, and looks her age, sometimes younger, but never older. Jmho, of course.

And I won't even start with her sister, Stephanie, whom I imagine has aided her older appearance by too much time spent in the sun. C'est la vie, it's the soul that counts in the end, leastways to God.

Last edited:
With Caroline, it's not just her looks, or her skin, or her posture - she just manages to look good, interesting, charming.

And I suspect she will carry on looking good, regardless of age !

I admire a woman who is confident enough in herself to age naturally and not feel the need to be "refreshed" as the first sight of a wrinkle.

Caroline looks fine, imho. She has a puffy face, maybe she drank some wine the evening before (that is what makes my face puffy, one glass is enough), but she has a nice figure and remains effortlessly chic and quite goodlooking. Good for her.

The word "effortlessly" sums it up.

People will always gravitate towards Caroline because they will regard her as someone who they can trust, and whom they can aspire to emulate.

Caroline has a natural elegance that seems to come out of her pores, no matter what she is doing or wearing.

I have listened to her speak and watched her live on TV...and each time I have been left dazed with admiration...one cannot acquire that type of allure even with years...you are born with it.

Even her daughter Charlotte, who I think is the most beautiful of young women, does not have the "IT" factor Caroline has always possessed.

And even though I wish she had taken better care of her skin, I love the fact that so far Caroline has resisted cosmetic procedures..she seems almost defiant about ageing gracefully no matter how many women of her generation are taking the opposite approach. :)

I think it's also a question of generation(s). The Fifties and Sixties were all about renewal and optimism.

Caroline was a style icon, someone to emulate, someone whose face looked at you from the glossiest of magazines.

This kind of attention is something only very strong personalities can resist.

I have one question regarding the title of Caroline, how can she still be princess of Hanover and monaco when she's not married anymore?

And isn't Hanover and Monaco quite far from each other geographically!

PC is separated and not divorced. I don't think she has been to Germany other than her court appearance for PE since their separation.

Regarding Caroline being "separated", this may not even be the case.

Caroline may have decided that she doesn't want a LEGAL separation, for instance she may not want to upset her young daughter....

In lots of photos at present Princess Caroline still wears a ring or rings on her left wedding finger.:innocent:

^Yes, I noticed it too: here, or here, for exemple. Is it E-A wedding ring? Or another one?

Last edited:
^Yes, I noticed it too: here, or here, for exemple. Is it E-A wedding ring? Or another one?
Totally out of subject but in the 1st picture LovelyKate posted, she's wearing the white watch that Char used to wear in 2007.

Wow, we all see things so differently, as I thought she looked rather "scholarly". :) C'est la vie. :)

I think that's a bit over the top. She looked well turned out, and perhaps she wanted to look a bit "magisterial".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom