Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both she and Charlotte are my fashion role models

There isn't a moment in time that I can recall Princess Caroline ever dressing inappropriately. Seriously, she's always dressed her age, and done so beautifully. The one word imho that encapulates Caroline is regal.

In fact I defy anyone to find a pic of her where she's wearing hot pants, thigh high boots, in other words basically dressed like a tart.

Caroline has this mystique about her as well, it makes me wonder what's going on inside her head, especially in light of the fact that she rarely gives interviews, if at all. The closest she ever came to giving an interview was in 1997 during the 700th Anniversary of the Grimaldi Reign. She was wearing a turban due to her hair loss, which she didn't talk about, and she wasn't going to be manipulated by the interviewer. I recall distinctly she said "my brother and sister don't know anything about me" when the interviewer relayed some of their words. Interesting...

But back on topic, her style is timeless, and most importantly she wears the clothes, they do not wear her. Simply magnificent, that is what Princess Caroline of the House of Grimaldi is, simply magnificent! :flowers:

Nadine, of course I respect your opinion about Princess Caroline. The interview she gave in 1997 was one of the last, not one of the first. Please check the thread on Caroline's interviews to get some background. She has also said things in interviews which did not reflect well on her as a person, such as coming across as arrogant, haughty, pretentious, unable to take the blame for anything, distant to those who need and crave her affection, and resentful beyond her age of maturity. What does it tell us? She is human, nobody ever said she should be a saint as well as a fashion icon.

Her style is not always timeless, it is sometimes so trendy it may border on the foolish. Even in her youth, she once appeared wearing a light jacket with her bare breasts exposed as the buttons came undone. She was young, everybody makes mistakes, and whatever she wears now, it's her style, she wants to have fun, no need to make her into a woman who in 54 years would never have gotten a scolding from the fashion police.

We get a public image of Caroline, and I think Caroline would have been a terrific political animal. She has good control of what she wants to show, what she wants to conceal, and what image she wishes people to have of her. Some less worthy characteristics come across, perhaps on purpose. So let's not dehumanize her by making her into something so very special.

Words like "always", "ever", "there isn't a moment in time", "I defy anyone" turn a quite magnificent princess into a fantasy figure whose good fairies gave her every gift at birth. As a practicing catholic, Caroline knows real life isn't about being a fairy princess living on an enchanted rock by the sea: I am sure she is still striving, like the rest of us, perhaps holding up her mother as the model not to push aside, but to get closer to.

iloveroyals said:
Her style is not always timeless, it is sometimes so trendy it may border on the foolish. Even in her youth, she once appeared wearing a light jacket with her bare breasts exposed as the buttons came undone. She was young, everybody makes mistakes, and whatever she wears now, it's her style, she wants to have fun, no need to make her into a woman who in 54 years would never have gotten a scolding from the fashion police.

Exactly, and I also recall one or two horrible dresses over the years (Rose Ball 2005: a white nightie with blue ribbons, comes to mind). As a matter of fact, she dressed better when she was younger, IMO. The outfit we are discussing now is chique, in a style that suits her, but that is not always the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
iloveroyals said:

We get a public image of Caroline, and I think Caroline would have been a terrific political animal. She has good control of what she wants to show, what she wants to conceal, and what image she wishes people to have of her. Some less worthy characteristics come across, perhaps on purpose. So let's not dehumanize her by making her into something so very special. "

Words like "always", "ever", "there isn't a moment in time", "I defy anyone" turn a quite magnificent princess into a fantasy figure whose good fairies gave her every gift at birth. As a practicing catholic, Caroline knows real life isn't about being a fairy princess living on an enchanted rock by the sea: I am sure she is still striving, like the rest of us, perhaps holding up her mother as the model not to push aside, but to get closer to.

I so agree with you, Iloveroyals. Caroline isn't a fairytale princess. She is human, too human and, maybe, that's where her appeal and mystique reside. She always refused to be seen and treated as a glacial, distant, untouchable Highness ( like perhaps her mother was ). She always claimed her right to her identity, to her feelings and emotions and the right to live accordingly ( selfishness? Perhaps ). Of course she was brought up according to her royal rank, but she soon proved herself to be a very down-to-earth, practical person and very curious about the multiple experiences the world had to offer, and not for one minute prone to abstain herself from participating in all the events taking place around her. For some reason she was considered the « enfant terrible » of the european royalty...
As for her fashion choices, well... think about Rose Ball 2008, 2009, 2010!!! :eek: Auch! Still, she's inherited her mother's natural elegance, and again, she was raised in a millieu that provided the means to develop her taste, her style, her sense of adequacy. I sometimes wish Charlotte had the same sense of refinement...

I see we have a couple of Debbie Downers on this thread. :p

I for one refuse to quibble over my own personal opinion, which I maintain, and will not change. Rather I agree to disagree. :)

Back to the lovely subject at hand, Princess Caroline of Monaco and Hanover, her regal highness! :cool: My fashion role model and iconic figure:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1235&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1092707854

Now I present to you the three magnificent fashion icons of the House of Grimaldi!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PWpIGZflqwE/S6-xc9fwZ7I/AAAAAAAAAIY/p65Cma6QQiQ/s400/caroline01+-+.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PWpIGZflqwE/S6-12zwAsZI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/35vF-EuRxcg/s400/charlene01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PWpIGZflqwE/S7TjpJ-1tXI/AAAAAAAAATk/54ublO_RIn4/s400/1+cc.jpg

ps: and Princess Caroline has rarely given television interviews, the 700th Anniversary of the Reign of Grimaldi being one of those exceptionally rare times. :)

GOOOOOOOOO CAROLINE!!!!!! :flowers:

I see we have a couple of Debbie Downers on this thread. :p

(..)

First of all, I don't know who Debbie Downer is, so... i can't reply to your post properly! Secondly, i never said P. Caroline wasn't regal. She is. I only defend that her great appeal to us, commoners, maybe comes out of the fact that she's always refused to live like a princess in an ivory tower. She proved herself to be a woman of great strenght and courage through out all the ordeals life brought upon her. She's not flawless, she makes mistakes. Does that makes her less loveable? No! We don't love our beloved ones along with their mistakes, we love them in spite of their mistakes. The allure P. Caroline cast on us doesn't come out of a mystified perfection, comes out of her marvellous unperfect humanity. :crown2::crown2::crown2:

Okay, time to get back to the topic of this thread - the current events! Thanks!

Does anybody know the designer sunglasses PC is wearing?:cool: Thanx
Those tortoise shell frames immediately caught my eyes as well and they look vintage Grace as far as I can tell... check out theshape of the sunglasses exactly Grace..... I also think the bag is Grace as well.....
Appropriately attired as usual I cannot wait to see what the bride wears in July- but even more I anticipate the great Caro- being impeccable as usual.

Those tortoise shell frames immediately caught my eyes as well and they look vintage Grace as far as I can tell... check out theshape of the sunglasses exactly Grace..... I also think the bag is Grace as well.....
Appropriately attired as usual I cannot wait to see what the bride wears in July- but even more I anticipate the great Caro- being impeccable as usual.
Linda Farrow does almost the exact ones but the gold bits are different. Sorry dont know how to put in the internet link to show you:ermm:

Oh wow, thank you, Florencia, for the exquisite pictures! :flowers:

She looks FAB and elegant as always. :) I wonder who those people are with her?

And the inside of La Fenice looks like something out of Marie Antoinette's time ~ splendor and opulence galore!!!!

Cinderella, a fav fairytale, I recall my father reading this one to me and my sister when we were very young. Btw, my most loved movie production of it was "Ever After" starring Drew Barrymore...

She looked fabulous indeed! She must have had such a nice time!

Princess Caroline has worn this black skirt and jacket before, the time I remember was when she was in Spain with Ernst and she was going out for dinner...this would have been 4 or 5 years ago;)

Princess Caroline has worn this black skirt and jacket before, the time I remember was when she was in Spain with Ernst and she was going out for dinner...this would have been 4 or 5 years ago;)

Quite right Debrann, she did... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

The lady in question at La Fenice is Anna Licia Balzan Moretti Polegato.

She is the Honorary Consul for Monaco and lives in Venice.
Her address is: Console Onorario Dottoressa Anna Licia Balzan Moretti Polegato, Consolato de Monaco, San Polo, riva del Vin, 30125 Venezia.

http://corrieredelveneto.corriere.i...rile-2011/carolina-venezia-190533538446.shtml

Her husband is Mario Moretti Polegato, a billionnaire who made his fortune because he hated other people's smelly feet. He put tiny holes into shoe soles. The rest is history...

Last edited:
Have you got a pic of that PC's outfit in Spain, Debrann ?

I know I too am on tenterhooks waiting for the latest post from debrann in regards to the aforementioned event. :)

I honestly don't see how so many of you can identify someone wearing an outfit ages ago, let alone a decade or more, it boggles the mind. Seriously, I'm lucky if I can identify one. *embarrassed*

Have you got a pic of that PC's outfit in Spain, Debrann ?​
Yes I think I can Azure, I have a whole lots photos of PC on a disc - give me a couple of days and I will see what I can do ok:)

Yes I think I can Azure, I have a whole lots photos of PC on a disc - give me a couple of days and I will see what I can do ok:)
thanks a lot, debrann!!

Did Caroline attend the wedding of William and Catherine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom