The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Alot of it has to do with living on the Riviera. People don't live there to stay inside all day. The same with Florida and California in the US.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Courtier

I cannot believe that people are not talking about genes, yes, genes account for over 70% of not only how one ages, but also one's health and how long they will live. Fact. The other, of course, is luck as well as how well one takes care of oneself.

Take my mother for instance, she honest to God has the succulent skin of a woman in her 20's, and the beauticians and doctors say it's because she has *good skin* (Thank God for those French genes!) ~ it is naturally moist, she doesn't have to do a thing, and doesn't, lol ~ except get a massage now & then, as well as a facial once a year. That's it. Verdad!

Also, I recall my dentist telling me once that some people never brush their teeth and yet have never had a cavity in their life! Yet some people brush constantly and no matter what get cavities (my dad's Swedish genes, unfortunately, lol). I asked how this is possible, and he told me it's just good genes/hereditary. The same thing applies to skin as well.

That said, I honestly think Princess Caroline has aged *gracefully*. I mean what do you people expect a 54 yr. old woman to look like? Someone without wrinkles? Yes, like my mother, there are people out there like that, but that's the exception in my experience, not the rule. And then there are those unfortunate souls that have inherited truly bad genes, no matter how much lotion they put on, et al, wrinkles abound (speaking of my older sister's best friend btw; they're the same age, but everybody thinks my sister is her daughter). Therefore, imho, Princess Caroline has aged considerably well, and looks her age, sometimes younger, but never older. Jmho, of course.

And I won't even start with her sister, Stephanie, whom I imagine has aided her older appearance by too much time spent in the sun. C'est la vie, it's the soul that counts in the end, leastways to God.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

With Caroline, it's not just her looks, or her skin, or her posture - she just manages to look good, interesting, charming.

And I suspect she will carry on looking good, regardless of age !
Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I admire a woman who is confident enough in herself to age naturally and not feel the need to be "refreshed" as the first sight of a wrinkle.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

Caroline looks fine, imho. She has a puffy face, maybe she drank some wine the evening before (that is what makes my face puffy, one glass is enough), but she has a nice figure and remains effortlessly chic and quite goodlooking. Good for her.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The word "effortlessly" sums it up.

People will always gravitate towards Caroline because they will regard her as someone who they can trust, and whom they can aspire to emulate.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Majesty

Caroline has a natural elegance that seems to come out of her pores, no matter what she is doing or wearing.

I have listened to her speak and watched her live on TV...and each time I have been left dazed with admiration...one cannot acquire that type of allure even with years...you are born with it.

Even her daughter Charlotte, who I think is the most beautiful of young women, does not have the "IT" factor Caroline has always possessed.

And even though I wish she had taken better care of her skin, I love the fact that so far Caroline has resisted cosmetic procedures..she seems almost defiant about ageing gracefully no matter how many women of her generation are taking the opposite approach.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's also a question of generation(s). The Fifties and Sixties were all about renewal and optimism.

Caroline was a style icon, someone to emulate, someone whose face looked at you from the glossiest of magazines.

This kind of attention is something only very strong personalities can resist.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Commoner

I have one question regarding the title of Caroline, how can she still be princess of Hanover and monaco when she's not married anymore?

And isn't Hanover and Monaco quite far from each other geographically!
Old 06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

PC is separated and not divorced. I don't think she has been to Germany other than her court appearance for PE since their separation.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Regarding Caroline being "separated", this may not even be the case.

Caroline may have decided that she doesn't want a LEGAL separation, for instance she may not want to upset her young daughter....
Old 06-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Nobility

In lots of photos at present Princess Caroline still wears a ring or rings on her left wedding finger.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Courtier

^Yes, I noticed it too: here, or here, for exemple. Is it E-A wedding ring? Or another one?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
^Yes, I noticed it too: here, or here, for exemple. Is it E-A wedding ring? Or another one?
Totally out of subject but in the 1st picture LovelyKate posted, she's wearing the white watch that Char used to wear in 2007.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Caroline at the Galerie Adriano Ribolzi:

300 guests were shown paintings and furniture by the Indian artist George K and the Italian Tobia Ravà.

La princesse Caroline chez Ribolzi | Nice-Matin
Old 06-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Princess Caroline at the Galerie Adriano Ribolzi:

300 guests were shown paintings and furniture by the Indian artist George K and the Italian Tobia Ravà.

La princesse Caroline chez Ribolzi | Nice-Matin

She looks terrible...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
She looks terrible...
I have to agree with you Lazuli...what was she thinking????
Old 06-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Courtier

Wow, we all see things so differently, as I thought she looked rather "scholarly". C'est la vie. :)
Old 06-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
I have to agree with you Lazuli...what was she thinking????
I too agree. She looks like she didn't bother to make any effort.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Heir Apparent

I think that's a bit over the top. She looked well turned out, and perhaps she wanted to look a bit "magisterial".

Closed Thread