The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Princess Caroline at Monte Carlo Rolex Masters.

April 11, 2011 - Monaco (MCO) - Princess Caroline of Hanover at Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters. She was invited by Rolex to lunch with Arnaud Boetsch, Roger Federer, caroline wozniacki and Freançois Truchi, MCCC director, at Rolex Restaurant

pictures

Old 04-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

A simple, fresh look!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Has Caroline ever confirmed her seperation?Or has she been keeping quiet about it for over a year?
Old 04-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Gentry

I like her look at the Rolex Masters lunch. Classy but fresh.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Does anybody know the designer sunglasses PC is wearing? Thanx
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Courtier

Casual but nice, not too formal, the jewelry adding that elegance, Princess Caroline's trademark.

It's funny ever since I was a kid I've followed Caroline's fashion, though I admired Princess Diana, it was Caroline that I followed religiously, even though they're both older than me. I recall when I was in my 20's I dressed exactly like Caroline when she wore her famous turquoise ensemble, including jewelry to match. Even now I always have her in mind when I shop for clothes, and only her, lol in fact my whole family/friends/acquaintances/et al know that Princess Caroline is my one & only fashion icon.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcía View Post
I like her look at the Rolex Masters lunch. Classy but fresh.
I wonder her purse was her Mother's Kelly handbag? It looks vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Casual but nice, not too formal, the jewelry adding that elegance, Princess Caroline's trademark.

It's funny ever since I was a kid I've followed Caroline's fashion, though I admired Princess Diana, it was Caroline that I followed religiously, even though they're both older than me. I recall when I was in my 20's I dressed exactly like Caroline when she wore her famous turquoise ensemble, including jewelry to match. Even now I always have her in mind when I shop for clothes, and only her, lol in fact my whole family/friends/acquaintances/et al know that Princess Caroline is my one & only fashion icon.
Awwww, now there are two of us
Old 04-12-2011, 07:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by agogo View Post
I wonder her purse was her Mother's Kelly handbag? It looks vintage.

Awwww, now there are two of us
Three, as a matter of fact!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Aristocracy

Always a beauty! She's my fashion role model, too, even if she's 20 years older than me.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Courtier

There isn't a moment in time that I can recall Princess Caroline ever dressing inappropriately. Seriously, she's always dressed her age, and done so beautifully. The one word imho that encapulates Caroline is regal.

In fact I defy anyone to find a pic of her where she's wearing hot pants, thigh high boots, in other words basically dressed like a tart.

Caroline has this mystique about her as well, it makes me wonder what's going on inside her head, especially in light of the fact that she rarely gives interviews, if at all. The closest she ever came to giving an interview was in 1997 during the 700th Anniversary of the Grimaldi Reign. She was wearing a turban due to her hair loss, which she didn't talk about, and she wasn't going to be manipulated by the interviewer. I recall distinctly she said "my brother and sister don't know anything about me" when the interviewer relayed some of their words. Interesting...

But back on topic, her style is timeless, and most importantly she wears the clothes, they do not wear her. Simply magnificent, that is what Princess Caroline of the House of Grimaldi is, simply magnificent!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Three, as a matter of fact!!!
Four of us , in fact ....
Old 04-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Serene Highness

Both she and Charlotte are my fashion role models
Old 04-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
There isn't a moment in time that I can recall Princess Caroline ever dressing inappropriately. Seriously, she's always dressed her age, and done so beautifully. The one word imho that encapulates Caroline is regal.

In fact I defy anyone to find a pic of her where she's wearing hot pants, thigh high boots, in other words basically dressed like a tart.

Caroline has this mystique about her as well, it makes me wonder what's going on inside her head, especially in light of the fact that she rarely gives interviews, if at all. The closest she ever came to giving an interview was in 1997 during the 700th Anniversary of the Grimaldi Reign. She was wearing a turban due to her hair loss, which she didn't talk about, and she wasn't going to be manipulated by the interviewer. I recall distinctly she said "my brother and sister don't know anything about me" when the interviewer relayed some of their words. Interesting...

But back on topic, her style is timeless, and most importantly she wears the clothes, they do not wear her. Simply magnificent, that is what Princess Caroline of the House of Grimaldi is, simply magnificent!
Nadine, of course I respect your opinion about Princess Caroline. The interview she gave in 1997 was one of the last, not one of the first. Please check the thread on Caroline's interviews to get some background. She has also said things in interviews which did not reflect well on her as a person, such as coming across as arrogant, haughty, pretentious, unable to take the blame for anything, distant to those who need and crave her affection, and resentful beyond her age of maturity. What does it tell us? She is human, nobody ever said she should be a saint as well as a fashion icon.

Her style is not always timeless, it is sometimes so trendy it may border on the foolish. Even in her youth, she once appeared wearing a light jacket with her bare breasts exposed as the buttons came undone. She was young, everybody makes mistakes, and whatever she wears now, it's her style, she wants to have fun, no need to make her into a woman who in 54 years would never have gotten a scolding from the fashion police.

We get a public image of Caroline, and I think Caroline would have been a terrific political animal. She has good control of what she wants to show, what she wants to conceal, and what image she wishes people to have of her. Some less worthy characteristics come across, perhaps on purpose. So let's not dehumanize her by making her into something so very special.

Words like "always", "ever", "there isn't a moment in time", "I defy anyone" turn a quite magnificent princess into a fantasy figure whose good fairies gave her every gift at birth. As a practicing catholic, Caroline knows real life isn't about being a fairy princess living on an enchanted rock by the sea: I am sure she is still striving, like the rest of us, perhaps holding up her mother as the model not to push aside, but to get closer to.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

Love the look! Very chic and simple.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Her style is not always timeless, it is sometimes so trendy it may border on the foolish. Even in her youth, she once appeared wearing a light jacket with her bare breasts exposed as the buttons came undone. She was young, everybody makes mistakes, and whatever she wears now, it's her style, she wants to have fun, no need to make her into a woman who in 54 years would never have gotten a scolding from the fashion police.
Exactly, and I also recall one or two horrible dresses over the years (Rose Ball 2005: a white nightie with blue ribbons, comes to mind). As a matter of fact, she dressed better when she was younger, IMO. The outfit we are discussing now is chique, in a style that suits her, but that is not always the case.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals

We get a public image of Caroline, and I think Caroline would have been a terrific political animal. She has good control of what she wants to show, what she wants to conceal, and what image she wishes people to have of her. Some less worthy characteristics come across, perhaps on purpose. So let's not dehumanize her by making her into something so very special. "

Words like "always", "ever", "there isn't a moment in time", "I defy anyone" turn a quite magnificent princess into a fantasy figure whose good fairies gave her every gift at birth. As a practicing catholic, Caroline knows real life isn't about being a fairy princess living on an enchanted rock by the sea: I am sure she is still striving, like the rest of us, perhaps holding up her mother as the model not to push aside, but to get closer to.
I so agree with you, Iloveroyals. Caroline isn't a fairytale princess. She is human, too human and, maybe, that's where her appeal and mystique reside. She always refused to be seen and treated as a glacial, distant, untouchable Highness ( like perhaps her mother was ). She always claimed her right to her identity, to her feelings and emotions and the right to live accordingly ( selfishness? Perhaps ). Of course she was brought up according to her royal rank, but she soon proved herself to be a very down-to-earth, practical person and very curious about the multiple experiences the world had to offer, and not for one minute prone to abstain herself from participating in all the events taking place around her. For some reason she was considered the « enfant terrible » of the european royalty...
As for her fashion choices, well... think about Rose Ball 2008, 2009, 2010!!! Auch! Still, she's inherited her mother's natural elegance, and again, she was raised in a millieu that provided the means to develop her taste, her style, her sense of adequacy. I sometimes wish Charlotte had the same sense of refinement...
Old 04-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Courtier

I see we have a couple of Debbie Downers on this thread.

I for one refuse to quibble over my own personal opinion, which I maintain, and will not change. Rather I agree to disagree.

Back to the lovely subject at hand, Princess Caroline of Monaco and Hanover, her regal highness! My fashion role model and iconic figure:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...p;d=1092707854

Now I present to you the three magnificent fashion icons of the House of Grimaldi!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PWpIGZflqw...oline01+-+.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PWpIGZflqw...charlene01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PWpIGZflqw.../s400/1+cc.jpg

ps: and Princess Caroline has rarely given television interviews, the 700th Anniversary of the Reign of Grimaldi being one of those exceptionally rare times. :)

GOOOOOOOOO CAROLINE!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I see we have a couple of Debbie Downers on this thread.

(..)
First of all, I don't know who Debbie Downer is, so... i can't reply to your post properly! Secondly, i never said P. Caroline wasn't regal. She is. I only defend that her great appeal to us, commoners, maybe comes out of the fact that she's always refused to live like a princess in an ivory tower. She proved herself to be a woman of great strenght and courage through out all the ordeals life brought upon her. She's not flawless, she makes mistakes. Does that makes her less loveable? No! We don't love our beloved ones along with their mistakes, we love them in spite of their mistakes. The allure P. Caroline cast on us doesn't come out of a mystified perfection, comes out of her marvellous unperfect humanity.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Okay, time to get back to the topic of this thread - the current events! Thanks!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
Does anybody know the designer sunglasses PC is wearing? Thanx
Those tortoise shell frames immediately caught my eyes as well and they look vintage Grace as far as I can tell... check out theshape of the sunglasses exactly Grace..... I also think the bag is Grace as well.....
Appropriately attired as usual I cannot wait to see what the bride wears in July- but even more I anticipate the great Caro- being impeccable as usual.