The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,008
.

Princess Caroline has attended the "Nuit de Congo" as part of the Spring Arts Festival in Monaco on April 6. Unfortunately not all of the invited groups of dancers and musicians from Congo received the required visas. Caroline can be seen at the end of the video presenting a harf to the orchestra.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** source **


** Un orchestre congolais invité du Printemps des Arts de Monte-Carlo **

__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #482  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: roma, Italy
Posts: 332
an interview with Princess Caroline

are there castles in the sky? | i-D Online
__________________

__________________
  #483  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 AM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,026
Really like princess Caroline , doesnt she have a lovely voice !
__________________
  #484  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
Really like princess Caroline , doesnt she have a lovely voice !
Her English is very very british!! I like it!!
Her voice reminds me her mother's voice!!
__________________
  #485  
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Września, Poland
Posts: 150
Caroline and Grace often disagree in terms of dressing..It was interesting to hear wjat she thinks about it now:-)
__________________
  #486  
Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
Caroline and Grace often disagree in terms of dressing..It was interesting to hear wjat she thinks about it now:-)
Could someone, please, write a summary of her interview?
__________________
  #487  
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Września, Poland
Posts: 150
She said that
-since her generation people have started to wear things that express them seleves (before there was a stiff dress code and almost no room for individual expression)
-people used to get changed several times a day, e.g. her grandmother (Maragret Kelly, persumably)
-she had never seen her mother in jeans
etc. someone can add something more :)
__________________
  #488  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
She said that
-since her generation people have started to wear things that express them seleves (before there was a stiff dress code and almost no room for individual expression)
-people used to get changed several times a day, e.g. her grandmother (Maragret Kelly, persumably)
-she had never seen her mother in jeans
etc. someone can add something more :)
Ohh, thank you very much, Marisaa
__________________
  #489  
Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 PM
misselle's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Altos, United States
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Her English is very very british!! I like it!!
Her voice reminds me her mother's voice!!
All of Grace Kelly's children spoke American English, not British English. Grace Kelly came from well-educated, upper-class stock and there was a difference between the accent/speech of the very rich and of the other groups. Today's difference in speech between the classes is word-based, not accent-based.

Caroline speaks perfect French and English as well as Italian!
__________________
  #490  
Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 PM
scooter's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,494
I would imagine the Princess of Hanover also speaks some German!
__________________
  #491  
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by misselle View Post
All of Grace Kelly's children spoke American English, not British English. Grace Kelly came from well-educated, upper-class stock and there was a difference between the accent/speech of the very rich and of the other groups. Today's difference in speech between the classes is word-based, not accent-based.

Caroline speaks perfect French and English as well as Italian!
Grace came from an upper middle class Philadelphia family, definitely not from the Mainline. Her mother was educated, her father was not. Both sets of grandparents were immigrants. Grace acquired a sort of mid Atlantic English accent while studying at the American Academy as she had to drop her Philly twang. Caroline speaks English with more of an English accent having had an English nanny and having spent time at school in England. Alberts accent is more American having spent summers at camp in PA and having studied at Amherst,
__________________
  #492  
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I would imagine the Princess of Hanover also speaks some German!
Of course she speaks German, not fluent, but she speaks. Also Spanish.
__________________
  #493  
Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
I noticed that both PC and Charlotte had more of an American accent the last time I heard them. PC has gone American since returning to Monaco and Charlotte has lost her British accent since breaking up with Alex. Grace's accent was all showbiz. PA and PS have always had non distinct American accents.
__________________
  #494  
Old 05-18-2013, 05:39 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 290
Princess Caroline definitely has English/British accent in that Pringle interview.She spent more time in England than in North America and her set of friends are more European.
__________________
  #495  
Old 05-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
I think she switches back and forth depending on if she is speaking to an American or Brit (Scot). She treats British and American like two different languages. In a way, they are. We use a lot of different words to describe the same thing.
__________________
  #496  
Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Posts: 163
Has anyone ever seen a video clip or heard Princess Caroline speak in Spanish, German and/or Italian? I know Wikipedia has been one source for this information, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. I'm sure Princess Caroline has a knowledge or some fluency of German and Italian due to her 2nd and 3rd husbands. I've just never heard hear speak either one.
__________________
  #497  
Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
Has anyone ever seen a video clip or heard Princess Caroline speak in Spanish, German and/or Italian? I know Wikipedia has been one source for this information, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. I'm sure Princess Caroline has a knowledge or some fluency of German and Italian due to her 2nd and 3rd husbands. I've just never heard hear speak either one.
Yes, it was a video a while ago, when Caroline received a price in Germany, for her work in Amade and during the ceremony she spoke in german.
__________________
  #498  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,347
This speech is on You Tube. Look under Prinzessen Caroline von Hannover Charity Award 2011. PC gives the introduction in German and the main part of the speech in American. She starts around minute 12. Lagerfeld was there also. This was a prestigious award for PC. Some of the former winners were the Dali Lama and Nelson Mandela.
__________________
  #499  
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
This speech is on You Tube. Look under Prinzessen Caroline von Hannover Charity Award 2011. PC gives the introduction in German and the main part of the speech in American. She starts around minute 12. Lagerfeld was there also. This was a prestigious award for PC. Some of the former winners were the Dali Lama and Nelson Mandela.
Thank you! I had seen many videos of her speaking French and English, but never German!
__________________
  #500  
Old 05-28-2013, 10:00 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 27,008
.

Princess Caroline has attended the 55th Military Pilgrimage to Lourdes, it ended on May 26 with an international mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **


** ladepeche.fr gallery: Caroline de Monaco en visite à Lourdes ** lourdes-infos.com gallery (scroll down) **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Beatrix, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 -) lucien Princess Beatrix 158 Today 08:11 AM
Queen Beatrix, Current Events 6 (August 2010 - April 2013) Marengo Current Events Archive 532 05-01-2013 08:12 AM
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, Current Events 8 (Nov 2008 - April 2013) Marengo Current Events Archive 403 04-29-2013 10:04 AM
Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013 iceflower Current Events Archive 738 04-01-2013 05:38 AM
Crown Princess Mette-Marit Current Events Part 2: November 2008 - January 2013 dazzling Current Events Archive 604 01-13-2013 12:47 PM




Popular Tags
birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]