Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like princess Caroline , doesnt she have a lovely voice !

Caroline and Grace often disagree in terms of dressing..It was interesting to hear wjat she thinks about it now:)

Caroline and Grace often disagree in terms of dressing..It was interesting to hear wjat she thinks about it now:)

Could someone, please, write a summary of her interview?

She said that
-since her generation people have started to wear things that express them seleves (before there was a stiff dress code and almost no room for individual expression)
-people used to get changed several times a day, e.g. her grandmother (Maragret Kelly, persumably)
-she had never seen her mother in jeans
etc. someone can add something more :)

She said that
-since her generation people have started to wear things that express them seleves (before there was a stiff dress code and almost no room for individual expression)
-people used to get changed several times a day, e.g. her grandmother (Maragret Kelly, persumably)
-she had never seen her mother in jeans
etc. someone can add something more :)

Ohh, thank you very much, Marisaa :flowers:

Her English is very very british!! I like it!!
Her voice reminds me her mother's voice!!

All of Grace Kelly's children spoke American English, not British English. Grace Kelly came from well-educated, upper-class stock and there was a difference between the accent/speech of the very rich and of the other groups. Today's difference in speech between the classes is word-based, not accent-based.

Caroline speaks perfect French and English as well as Italian!

I would imagine the Princess of Hanover also speaks some German!

All of Grace Kelly's children spoke American English, not British English. Grace Kelly came from well-educated, upper-class stock and there was a difference between the accent/speech of the very rich and of the other groups. Today's difference in speech between the classes is word-based, not accent-based.

Caroline speaks perfect French and English as well as Italian!

Grace came from an upper middle class Philadelphia family, definitely not from the Mainline. Her mother was educated, her father was not. Both sets of grandparents were immigrants. Grace acquired a sort of mid Atlantic English accent while studying at the American Academy as she had to drop her Philly twang. Caroline speaks English with more of an English accent having had an English nanny and having spent time at school in England. Alberts accent is more American having spent summers at camp in PA and having studied at Amherst,

Last edited:
I noticed that both PC and Charlotte had more of an American accent the last time I heard them. PC has gone American since returning to Monaco and Charlotte has lost her British accent since breaking up with Alex. Grace's accent was all showbiz. PA and PS have always had non distinct American accents.

Princess Caroline definitely has English/British accent in that Pringle interview.She spent more time in England than in North America and her set of friends are more European.

I think she switches back and forth depending on if she is speaking to an American or Brit (Scot). She treats British and American like two different languages. In a way, they are. We use a lot of different words to describe the same thing.

Has anyone ever seen a video clip or heard Princess Caroline speak in Spanish, German and/or Italian? I know Wikipedia has been one source for this information, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. I'm sure Princess Caroline has a knowledge or some fluency of German and Italian due to her 2nd and 3rd husbands. I've just never heard hear speak either one.

Has anyone ever seen a video clip or heard Princess Caroline speak in Spanish, German and/or Italian? I know Wikipedia has been one source for this information, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. I'm sure Princess Caroline has a knowledge or some fluency of German and Italian due to her 2nd and 3rd husbands. I've just never heard hear speak either one.

Yes, it was a video a while ago, when Caroline received a price in Germany, for her work in Amade and during the ceremony she spoke in german.

This speech is on You Tube. Look under Prinzessen Caroline von Hannover Charity Award 2011. PC gives the introduction in German and the main part of the speech in American. She starts around minute 12. Lagerfeld was there also. This was a prestigious award for PC. Some of the former winners were the Dali Lama and Nelson Mandela.

Last edited:
This speech is on You Tube. Look under Prinzessen Caroline von Hannover Charity Award 2011. PC gives the introduction in German and the main part of the speech in American. She starts around minute 12. Lagerfeld was there also. This was a prestigious award for PC. Some of the former winners were the Dali Lama and Nelson Mandela.

Thank you! :flowers: I had seen many videos of her speaking French and English, but never German!

Princess Caroline has attended the 55th Military Pilgrimage to Lourdes, it ended on May 26 with an international mass at the Basilica of St. Pius X.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** ladepeche.fr gallery: Caroline de Monaco en visite à Lourdes ** lourdes-infos.com gallery (scroll down) **

Since last year Princess Caroline of Monaco is the patron of the 17th Engineer Regiment Parachute ( i'll try to post the video for you... it's on Youtube anyway... ) wich shows the strong relationship she ( and all the Grimaldi family ) has with the french army, and how seriously the practices her «patronage». She's always been a woman of faith and looks quite happy attending the mass. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great:flowers:

I love Princess Caroline's tireless commitment and devotion to causes she believes in, all with a beautific smile, truly a woman of faith.

We haven't seen recent photos of her.

On June 19 Princess Caroline attended the inauguration of a new endoscopy equipment at the Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco.

** Pic ** source **

She looks really young there. And I love her hair, dress, earrings, everything. Always nice to see pictures of my favorite. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom