The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

What a nice gesture, and such a lovely gift for them. She looks interested in their stories. I hope all of them can go home for Christmas.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Some of these photos are really poignant. There's nothing worse than being in hospitals or nursing homes during the holidays, so I hope her visit brought some good cheer and uplifted spirits.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Gentry

Great pictures. She looks wonderful as always and seems happy to be there. I was afraid she might step aside once she was no longer first Princess but she seems to be working even harder now.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very touching pictures, indeed. I hope her visit could make them a little bit happier.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Aristocracy

She seems so caring and interested in what the patients say.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:34 AM
Courtier

These made me cry, truly touching, says a lot about Princess Caroline. Jmho.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Gentry

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I see no touching or emotional : Visiting those patients is just part of her Princess duties, part of her job. And why all the photographers around ? Shouldn't it be a private moment ?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I see no touching or emotional : Visiting those patients is just part of her Princess duties, part of her job. And why all the photographers around ? Shouldn't it be a private moment ?
When do royals do something in private? It´s part of their promotion as ideal families and citizens. We know this is a "job", if this can be considered so. But Caroline has been doing this job for decades, this is what she is paid for, have you discovered it just now? It doesn not mean she cannot be moved by their stories.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Heir Apparent

It is never a private moment as it is part of their function and they are "promoting" it. Remember Diana visiting AIDS patients. Royals are always doing these "charities" in public. But at least they are doing them.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
When do royals do something in private? It´s part of their promotion as ideal families and citizens. We know this is a "job", if this can be considered so. But Caroline has been doing this job for decades, this is what she is paid for, have you discovered it just now? It doesn not mean she cannot be moved by their stories.
The Grimaldis and the other royal families are far from being ideal families or citizens. Calm down, because I will never buy the story that these events are " touching " or " emotional" for them. It is part of their job, and they do it with the same thrill as we grocery shop, I am sure of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is never a private moment as it is part of their function and they are "promoting" it. Remember Diana visiting AIDS patients. Royals are always doing these "charities" in public. But at least they are doing them.

Yes I do remember her. Diana was the perfect result of her Public Relationship teams.
Charities are not for being public: these are moments that should be kept private. there are other things, even for royals, to make for the world to see.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Right. But let's not be so exaltated then, pleeeeease, over these people who, instead of having a real job, visit some children, make a few speeches, visit some elder people, pull the right faces, and all this dressed from head to toe in Chanel.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts

Right. But let's not be so exaltated then, pleeeeease, over these people who, instead of having a real job, visit some children, make a few speeches, visit some elder people, pull the right faces, and all this dressed from head to toe in Chanel.
You are right it is non sense! But they give hapiness, even if they do not really do smtg precise. The pic of Diana touching a sick child (3 seconds of her life) was more spread around the world than the entire life of Mother Teresa
Old 12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy

But what Caroline can do? She was born as a princess. What "real job" can such people do? Working in some enterprise, earning 2000 E a month?
Old 12-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
But what Caroline can do? She was born as a princess. What "real job" can such people do? Working in some enterprise, earning 2000 E a month?
She was born a princess of Monaco, which is hardly a real princess in the first place. But besides that, finish a study? Become an university investigator or a professor? Do a real job in third world countries, as a doctor or a nurse? Whatever. Point made I hope: what she does is harmless enough, but to get tears in yours eyes from admiration.....really!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
The Grimaldis and the other royal families are far from being ideal families or citizens. Calm down, because I will never buy the story that these events are " touching " or " emotional" for them. It is part of their job, and they do it with the same thrill as we grocery shop, I am sure of it.

You have a reading comprehension problem?s Youy should revise 3 times before answering about what I never said.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Courtier

To those that said I had no right to get emotional, I disagree, who died and you made you God? You do not dictate my nor any one else's emotions. Fact.

Also, as a former social worker, I know what it's like to work with a variety of human beings in differing situations, from an abused young child to a battered woman to the developmentally disabled to the elderly and on & on & on. Yes, I was paid for it, but that doesn't mean one cannot feel for those that one works with. Empathy is not exclusive.

Now back to the subject at hand, Princess Caroline, and her work as a Princess of Monaco. I admire how splendidly she took up the reigns after her mother passed in 1982, which must've been very hard for such a young woman of 25 yrs. old, whom at the time had no idea she would need to be the First Lady of Monaco for 29 years! Thank goodness Albert finally married, and now Princess Charlene has taken over the role equally splendidly as well.

On a final note, I agree with what Princess Caroline said many years ago, about how despite criticism, royals/serene highnesses sometimes do more than the common average folk. How true.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
You have a reading comprehension problem?s Youy should revise 3 times before answering about what I never said.
You have problems ( which I ignore the origin) since you neglect what you yourself wrote. Or should I write you in Spanish, maybe it would be better ?
Old 12-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
She was born a princess of Monaco, which is hardly a real princess in the first place. But besides that, finish a study? Become an university investigator or a professor? Do a real job in third world countries, as a doctor or a nurse? Whatever. Point made I hope: what she does is harmless enough, but to get tears in yours eyes from admiration.....really!

It's great that she visits those people, and she seems genuinely happy to bring some happiness to them, what i loathe are photographers around.
As in everything, one needs balance.
I am happy to see Caro doing her duties as a Princess but certainly it doesn't move me to tears.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Please stay respectful towards each other, there is no need to argue about that!

As this is a current events thread for Princess Caroline, the more general theme of royals, the
performance of their duties and the reasonableness of maintaining such a societal model could
be discussed in the General Royal Discussion subforum instead!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

There is a difference in Monaco. The Grimaldis actually know the people they visit. And yes this event was publisized but there may be many others that are not. I think the Monegasques, especially the older ones ,enjoy that they take the time to visit them. It's not like they are running for re-election.The family also does a very good job of taking care of their citizens. No homeless, no starving, universal health care, an excellent education system, no personal income tax. The US is no where close to that.