Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, Saturday June 12, Caroline opened the family estate of Marchais for dog hunting trials. Caroline said she "learned a lot" from the experience. :flowers:

Pic - Article - Translation

I don't have strong opinions about hunting, but I know what hunting means. You have to know if you want to understand the aforementioned article, which talks about everything except the purpose of all those tests and preparations. The dogs, mostly, (everybody loves dogs), the reading of the land, the skills involved, the relationship between dogs and masters, the learning from the experience. Yes, we read about traces left by the animals and the scent of fear. The animals, called "gibier" in French, with a double connotation of "born to be prey" and "food" (you eat gibier), is called "game" in English. Interesting word. Well, anyway, hunting is all about competence, learning experience, bonding; hunting is educational and sentimental. Nothing about gratuitous violence, blood, death. This post is about the article, (how to talk about a subject while evading it entirely so as to elicit the wanted reactions which will cover the spontaneous reactions, and deflect passing judgment, necessarily uneducated without reading the article and therefore invalid), not about Princess Caroline, whose choice of past-times I won't comment on. The article did the thinking for me : hunting is a wonderful (and so good for the mind ! and the soul!) activity. Oh, those lucky ones! We wouldn't know what we're missing without our writing guide.

Yesterday, Saturday June 12, Caroline opened the family estate of Marchais for dog hunting trials. Caroline said she "learned a lot" from the experience. :flowers:

Pic - Article - Translation

I think her outfit is really similar to the one she wore in Paris..If you remember some pictures of her in Paris recently when she went shopping?

I don't have strong opinions about hunting, but I know what hunting means. You have to know if you want to understand the aforementioned article, which talks about everything except the purpose of all those tests and preparations. The dogs, mostly, (everybody loves dogs), the reading of the land, the skills involved, the relationship between dogs and masters, the learning from the experience. Yes, we read about traces left by the animals and the scent of fear. The animals, called "gibier" in French, with a double connotation of "born to be prey" and "food" (you eat gibier), is called "game" in English. Interesting word. Well, anyway, hunting is all about competence, learning experience, bonding; hunting is educational and sentimental. Nothing about gratuitous violence, blood, death. This post is about the article, (how to talk about a subject while evading it entirely so as to elicit the wanted reactions which will cover the spontaneous reactions, and deflect passing judgment, necessarily uneducated without reading the article and therefore invalid), not about Princess Caroline, whose choice of past-times I won't comment on. The article did the thinking for me : hunting is a wonderful (and so good for the mind ! and the soul!) activity. Oh, those lucky ones! We wouldn't know what we're missing without our writing guide.
ILR - I so embrace your comments - I was brought with hunting by my father and brother who both hunted different animals - I'm not into hunting myself - but hunting is a skilled sport so thank you:flowers:

Oh no, I'm not knocking hunting, don't get me wrong. I was brought up in a family of hunters (I don't hunt myself though) and know the amount of skill and precision it takes to do well. I was merely commenting on the perceived conflict between Caroline's caring and nurturing nature and the fact the she enjoys hunting. That's why I did the whole thing about loving the animals but killing their cousins. But I don't knock Caroline for it. She's allowed and it's her life not mine. It's the same as not knocking Caroline if she wears fur. I'll comment on it if it looks ugly (like that chinchilla one she wore to the concert on National Day last year) but I'm not going to begrudge her for wearing fur.
I do personally do find hunting a little barbaric, that some people (not necessarily all - many people simply hunt for enjoyment) perceive it as some sort of bonding experience to kill animals but I'm not about to hate on Caroline for liking it. Hunting - to me - is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical challenge, so I can see why Caroline would enjoy it. It's not like I can really pass judgment. Though I do have to point out that hunting is like fishing - that involves killing animals too but nobody really seems to object. ;)

In honour of World Refugee Day on June 20, the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Monaco Department of International Cooperation will hold a public conference on June 18 attended by Princess Caroline.
Source: UNHCR.org
It's looking less and less likely that Caroline will attend the Swedish royal wedding on June 19. Aftonbladet reported today on people who might attend but might not: (translated with Google)
Princess Caroline of Monaco - reportedly the Swedish court is not so fond of her husband Ernst August's wild partying. He got too drunk and missed the Spanish wedding in 2004.
Though if Caroline and Ernst aren't technically together anymore, I can't see why that would be a problem. It would merely be a case of whether Caroline could make it on time. I should stress that the court has never released a guest list and will not until the wedding day (the final guest list). The list that has been presented so far is a provisional guest list of people who may attend but for one reason or another may not. And recent reports from the Swedish and German media are that there has been no confirmation from Monaco, though that may have changed in the past fortnight or so. We'll just have to wait and see. :flowers:

In honour of World Refugee Day on June 20, the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) and the Monaco Department of International Cooperation will hold a public conference on June 18 attended by Princess Caroline.
Source: UNHCR.org
It's looking less and less likely that Caroline will attend the Swedish royal wedding on June 19. Aftonbladet reported today on people who might attend but might not: (translated with Google)
Though if Caroline and Ernst aren't technically together anymore, I can't see why that would be a problem. It would merely be a case of whether Caroline could make it on time. I should stress that the court has never released a guest list and will not until the wedding day (the final guest list). The list that has been presented so far is a provisional guest list of people who may attend but for one reason or another may not. And recent reports from the Swedish and German media are that there has been no confirmation from Monaco, though that may have changed in the past fortnight or so. We'll just have to wait and see. :flowers:

I know Hello mag has indicated who has been confirmed (UK, Norway, Spain, etc), but if Caroline doesn't attend, would Stephanie or one of Caroline's kids go in her place, or can she ask that Prince Albert attend?

I know Hello mag has indicated who has been confirmed (UK, Norway, Spain, etc), but if Caroline doesn't attend, would Stephanie or one of Caroline's kids go in her place, or can she ask that Prince Albert attend?
Stephanie has said that she doesn't get invited to royal events and my inference is that she likes it that way. I sincerely doubt that one of the Casiraghi's would attend in Caroline's stead at such an important international event (the Grand Prix is one thing but quite possibly the royal event of the year is quite another ;)). Albert has, however, been invited also, along with his partner Charlene. I read an article today (confirming that Edward and Sohpie will represent Britain) of confirmed guests and still, no confirmation from Monaco. There is another slight problem - Albert is in South Africa for the World Cup, so unless he flies to Sweden for the wedding and then back to South Africa, he can't attend either. I personally would love to see Caroline attend. She proved at the Denmark wedding that she's just as classy and worthy of being there as any other royal. However, she was invited on her husband's merit, not her own. The same with the Spanish wedding. So now that she and Ernst are to all eyes separated, I wonder what the case will be. :ermm:

Stephanie has said that she doesn't get invited to royal events and my inference is that she likes it that way. I sincerely doubt that one of the Casiraghi's would attend in Caroline's stead at such an important international event (the Grand Prix is one thing but quite possibly the royal event of the year is quite another ;)). Albert has, however, been invited also, along with his partner Charlene. I read an article today (confirming that Edward and Sohpie will represent Britain) of confirmed guests and still, no confirmation from Monaco. There is another slight problem - Albert is in South Africa for the World Cup, so unless he flies to Sweden for the wedding and then back to South Africa, he can't attend either. I personally would love to see Caroline attend. She proved at the Denmark wedding that she's just as classy and worthy of being there as any other royal. However, she was invited on her husband's merit, not her own. The same with the Spanish wedding. So now that she and Ernst are to all eyes separated, I wonder what the case will be. :ermm:

Charlene was invited to a royal wedding?!? THE MISTRESS of a sovereign invited to a royal event?!? To a wedding that's also a state affair?!? Someone who no official link whatsoever with a royal family among the european royalty?!? Sweden invited the mistress of a rulling prince BUT NOT HIS SISTER, born and bred among royals, of royal blood herself, and invites a commoner whose credencials are exclusively having an obscure relationship with the sovereign of Monaco ?!? I'm shocked...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Charlene was invited to a royal wedding?!? THE MISTRESS of a sovereign invited to a royal event?!? To a wedding that's also a state affair?!? Someone who no official link whatsoever with a royal family among the european royalty?!? Sweden invited the mistress of a rulling prince BUT NOT HIS SISTER, born and bred among royals, of royal blood herself, and invites a commoner whose credencials are exclusively having an obscure relationship with the sovereign of Monaco ?!? I'm shocked...
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Well, so was I. As far as I know, no girlfriend was ever invited to an event such as this before they officially became engaged to whatever prince they were connected to. However, there are a couple of theories. That there is some personal friendship between the bridal couple and Charlene or that they actually are engaged. However, I still think Caroline is a better alternative. Yes, part of that is me playing favourites but part of it is also me thinking that Caroline would do a better job, if there was a job to do at such an event. She just seems a more natural choice. Although, if what I posted above is true and they really don't want to invite Caroline because of Ernst, then perhaps they sought Charlene as the alternative. :ermm:

How about the possibility that the reigning prince goes and the “next in Line” stays home in case of security risk ? Other royal houses are holding back one at home. True Caroline has a life time of practice, but it’s no secret HSH Albert takes Charlene on trips.

How about the possibility that the reigning prince goes and the “next in Line” stays home in case of security risk ? Other royal houses are holding back one at home. True Caroline has a life time of practice, but it’s no secret HSH Albert takes Charlene on trips.
And how is this wedding different from other royal weddings? Caroline and Albert attended the Denmark wedding together (okay well, Caroline attended with Ernst and Albert also attended but you get what I mean). The same with the Spanish wedding. I'm failing to see the difference. :ermm: Besides, in terms of a security risk, they go out together all the time. Were I in the position of a person who was wanting to harm Caroline and Albert I would go for a lesser event like an art exhibition or something. Certainly not a royal wedding where all the world's press is watching. Far less attention. :ROFLMAO:

I'm confused about a couple of things: Princess Caroline is separated from Ernst, so is there really a concern that she would suddenly invite him - for appearances sake (so that she's not w/out a date)?! I mean, he's made public his affair, so I understand why the Swedish royals wouldn't want that controversy, but if she's separated, why can't she go alone? And, regarding Prince Albert, maybe "mistress" is the wrong term - in the US, that indicates that he's married and having an affair. Charlene is his girlfriend - they're not yet engaged - so, why can't he (or, Caroline, for that matter) bring a guest? Is there some protocol against sitting, unmarried, or separated royals bringing guests? I guess Prince Albert and Princess Caroline could always go together - but, maybe weddings are perceived differently than events (art exhibits, official duties, etc), whereby it's ok for siblings to go together. Whoever can explain, please do - thanks!

Let us please not start the invitation discussion concerning Albert/Charlene
again - Princess Caroline has not been listed on any guest list so far, so let
us simply wait and see who'll attend in the end and who will not, all those
speculations don't lead anywhere!

Thanks!

Aristocratic weddings are not really that exciting....Huge numbers of guests who may or may not know one another ... the main focus is about the couple .... so, who cares whether this royal or that is / isn't there....
If the wedding isn't about the happy couple, then why bother?

Princess Caroline attends an event held by the the Principality of Monaco
to mark the World Refugee Day 2010, at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco,
18 June 2010.

Conferences on women and chidren in the Mediterranean and public-private
partnerships take place in presence of Princess Caroline of Hanover, the
Department of External Relations, via the Office of International Cooperation
and in partnership with United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

Hope to see more pics although all camera lenses are turned towards Sweden ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Gosh she looks horrible in those photos did she even do her hair the suit is a nice cut though.

Gosh she looks horrible in those photos did she even do her hair the suit is a nice cut though.
I think she looks great & has appeared increasingly relaxed since the (alleged) split from Ernst.

I also think she looked good, on some pics it may look like a
bad hair day, but that's something nearly every woman has
to go through from time to time ;):)

Some additions:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

I think Princess looks great in this photos , much more relaxed than in other occassions.

She looks wonderful, even the hair. Thank you so much for the photos.

Yes, I think she looks lovely, the suit is beautiful. I liked her hair when it was cut shorter, about ear length. She's an incredibly stylish and elegant women.

She's an amazing woman, who has been through hell and back. Princess Caroline looks beautiful and is doing a lot for humanity. I love her no matter what!

disappointing about her hair; it is very fine just like her mother's. with all the help she has, there's no excuse for a bad hair day at an event like that.

I don't this this is the kind of event she needs to be "glammed" up w/smokey eyes - her suit is fitting for the vent, and so is her simply styled hair (middle part; no frills); She has had trouble w/her hair, as you may all remember (alopecia), so I don't think it's fair to comment too much - it appears she's letting it grow longer, which gives her a more youthful look. I think she looks relaxed and youthful - always chic and beautiful!

I think she looks perfect for the occasion, but if I were her, I would cut my hair a little shorter. A short haircut usually makes a woman look younger.

I also have thin hair, although mine is thicker than hers, and believe me, it's not so easy to control it...:ROFLMAO:

I agree with Tosca about the hair. She always looked good with short hair, and it's very true that most women, as they age, look better with the shorter hairstyles. I recently had my hair chopped off myself. I love it!!:cool::lol:

Pure People has a gallery of pics of Caroline at the conference. :flowers:
Caroline de Hanovre, pendant que son frère Albert est de mariage avec Charlene, poursuit son combat...
On the subject of her hair - it looks gorgeous to me. I like how she's been wearing it recently. And I think there comes a point where regardless of how you wear your hair or how you live your life, you're going to start looking old because you're starting to get old. Which Caroline is. She's no spring chicken. :lol: ;) I do like her with short short hair but none of that bob stuff like she had around 2006. That ages her too. :ermm:
The only slight criticism I have to be honest is her shoes. Nice design but terrible fit. It's not really her fault (it was Christian who made the shoe :lol:) but she should know that a shoe with such a pattern does not stand up to having no heel. The strap just looks wrong. :ermm: But that's it. Otherwise I think she pulled it off. She was appropriate for the occasion - not hyper-glam but not looking like she just rolled out of bed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom