Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics. She does look alone... :(

:previous:Thanks for sharing! She looks sad and alone. Sort of reminds of Princess Diana...

But being on the Pacha all by herself was her choice, i mean, she could easily have chosen to participate at the Grand Prix ( both the race and the gala ), so why feeling sad or alone? :question: As for comparing her to Princess Diana, i can't agree with you Tosca. P. Caroline is much cleverer and stronger than Diana ever was, she's a fighter and she only does whatever she wants to. So i guess she decided not to be in Montecarlo last sunday, therefore why should she feel sad or alone? :doh: :doh: :doh:

More photos of Caroline on Pacha III off the coast of Antibes, France on Grand Prix Day, May 16 2010.
Pic 14 - Pic 15

She looks like she is taking in the sun and enjoying it. But in previous photos Princess Caroline looks like she missing her children's and might be thinking about her life. Where is her youngest child?:flowers:

^^^ School most likely. And um...just how exactly is Caroline "cleverer" and "stronger" than Princess Diana?" :ermm:

Every now and then any of us can reach a point in our day-to-day life where we say, "I can't take another minute of this!" Sometimes all we need is a get-away weekend to recharge our batteries. Besides, Prince Albert has not provided a wife and heir. Princess Caroline's duties as first lady appear to be for life. Anyone can become frustrated fed up with situations. Since her sons and daughter are adults, maybe it is time for them to help with the first lady duties. Where was Princess Stephanie?

But Stephanie never comes. I had hoped perhaps Louis (who participated in the charity game) and Pauline, who are now of age to make their own decisions would come in her stead, but apparently not.

More photos of Caroline on Pacha III off the coast of Antibes, France on Grand Prix Day, May 16 2010.
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4 - Pic 5
Pic 6 - Pic 7 - Pic 8 - Pic 9 - Pic 10
Pic 11 - Pic 12 - Pic 13 - Pic 14 - Pic 15

Nice photos thanks for posting them, although Caroline probably would have preferred the paps to take a day off, since she looks like she 's just trying to relax and enjoy some much deserved private time for herself. I mean it is her boat :), as much as I'm sure she loves her children, she probably is quite capable of enjoying herself without them. And they are all adults now with their own lives. She was probably hoping the paps would be focused on the Grand Prix and for a change she might be able to enjoy a day out on her boat, on her own, and without the razzis bugging her.

I don't think she looks sad, just because she is alone :). Most people enjoy having some time to themselves, myself included!;) Unfortunately I don't have a boat like that.:D But if I did, I wouldn't just keep it just for company.;). More power to her I say! :flowers: I hope she had a nice day, even if we missed her this year at the Grand Prix.

Instead of attending the Monaco Grand Prix, Caroline spent the day on Pacha. Which sounds far more relaxing. ;)
WENN Photo Library
I don't know why but I find the photos of Caroline brushing her hair vaguely amusing.

I just realized that these photos were apparently taken in Antibes - she could be heading to Cannes!

Thanks Thecia, I like these photos, she just looks human, brushing out her hair outside on a nice day to me. They're nice pics.

Power to Princess Caroline for enjoying time out on her own..... I think she knows what she wants - she has the support of her family be it her children or brother/sister but she has the POWER to do what ever she wants her way - go for it I say!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

I admire her for her patientce!Can you imagine to be still photographed...even through very privates moments?I would be veryyyy embarassed.Good for you,Princess:flowers: that you don't pay attention to the paps...I think she just used to live like that

As for comparing her to Princess Diana, i can't agree with you Tosca. P. Caroline is much cleverer and stronger than Diana ever was, she's a fighter and she only does whatever she wants to. So i guess she decided not to be in Montecarlo last sunday, therefore why should she feel sad or alone? :doh: :doh: :doh:

Yes, Caroline is cleverer than Diana was, as unlike Diana, she would never engage a battle against the contact mines makers like Diana did first person. Making yourself be pictured while hugging little black kids in hospital has a great impact on public opinion as well, while being much safer...
Perhaps she just needed some rest, but her facial expression speak volumes: after three husbands and a plethora of lovers, she finds herself alone on a boat, at 53 years of age. She wasn't capable of investing the many gifts Mother Nature and the Fate offered her, apparently.

Yes, Caroline is cleverer than Diana was, as unlike Diana, she would never engage a battle against the contact mines makers like Diana did first person. Making yourself be pictured while hugging little black kids in hospital has a great impact on public opinion as well, while being much safer...
Perhaps she just needed some rest, but her facial expression speak volumes: after three husbands and a plethora of lovers, she finds herself alone on a boat, at 53 years of age. She wasn't capable of investing the many gifts Mother Nature and the Fate offered her, apparently.

I don't recall ever seeing photographs of her like this before. She is alone at a time when her family is together at a festive event. I remember reading an interview of her, and she stated that she is at rest, comfortable and content to spend time alone. But these photos are not just of a princess spending time alone, she is reflecting on something.

:previous: Perhaps she's just trying to get her bearings. It's not unusual for people to want some time to reflect after they go through a big change in their lives. Seriously, I don't think she's alienating herself - maybe she just needs some time alone to think. She did that after Stefano died (although thank God she's not doing it staring blankly out a window chain-smoking cigarettes this time). Or maybe she just didn't want to be in Monaco. Honestly, it is loud and it is packed in Monaco on Grand Prix weekend. I don't understand why people are building this up to more than it is? What do you all expect this to be? Some kind of a lead up to a divorce or something? :ermm:

Well, Tosca, Thecia and agogo, i think we're all right ( since we're all speculating about P. Caroline's feelings and state of mind... ). I don't think she was sad or lonely, since she stood on the boat by her own choice. Nostalgic? Maybe! Thoughtful? Perhaps! Fed up with all the confusion around the Grand Prix? Most likely! On the other hand, why can't she simply be feeling relaxed and amused?!?

Oh well...she wasn't that alone...she probably knows the paparazzi were around there...as they always do :lol:
i'm joking, sorry. :p

Forgive me, I was born in the nineties. So, can someone explain to me why Caroline is stronger and smarter than Princess Diana?

PC's mother and 2nd husband both died before PC was 30. Also, three of her female first cousins died in their 30s and 40s. PC is an intellectual. Reads alot. Was a philosophy major at the Sorbonne. Heads the Monte Carlo ballet, opera and symphony. Is head of Prince Pierre Foundation, that hands out awards each year for writing and the arts. Both were active in charitable activities but it sounds like PC is very active on the managerial side of non profit foundations.

I don't think PD was dumb or weak. It's just that the Grimaldis are much more hands on.

Forgive me, I was born in the nineties. So, can someone explain to me why Caroline is stronger and smarter than Princess Diana?

My take - IMHO - on this statement is that Princess Caroline had a lifetime to prepare for her role as a Princess, as well as public scruitiny, while Diana was thrown into it w/out preparation when she became engaged to Prince Charles. Throughout Caroline's life, she's kept her private life private - giving minimal interviews, and really showing very little in the way of dramatic emotion publically - including this last upset with Ernst. That lack of public display lends itself to the notion that she's stronger and smarter in how she deals with the media - never let them see you sweat! Princess Diana, as we know, wore her heart on her sleeve, and often cried publically, which was an embarrassment to the Windsor family and the Queen....eventually, Princess Diana was perceived as unstable (including her bout w/bulimia becoming public), but seemed to be gaining love and respect until her untimely death. I believe she would have continued to mature and would have settled into a comfortable life w/someone - even if she didn't stay with Dodi A.

Ooh, she had her cellphone (I saw her with it in one of the other photos I posted actually ;) ). That makes all the difference doesn't it? :ROFLMAO: Modern technology replacing actual relationships - seems even princesses aren't immune. ;) :p

EUGH, they photographed her getting up in the morning. Seriously, it looks like she still has bed hair. Where's the decency in that? If I were her I'd be annoyed. :ermm: The glasses are cute though, even if the smoking's not. She's got that good meld of mom and princess going on these days - I kind of like it. I still freak out whenever I see her chest though. I'm being serious, I see bones. :ermm: I'm not saying she's too skinny, it's just her chest looks really bony. However, I shall rave about her body overall - I hope I look that good in my fifties. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PC's mother and 2nd husband both died before PC was 30. Also, three of her female first cousins died in their 30s and 40s. PC is an intellectual. Reads alot. Was a philosophy major at the Sorbonne. Heads the Monte Carlo ballet, opera and symphony. Is head of Prince Pierre Foundation, that hands out awards each year for writing and the arts. Both were active in charitable activities but it sounds like PC is very active on the managerial side of non profit foundations.

I don't think PD was dumb or weak. It's just that the Grimaldis are much more hands on.

Stephano died when she was 33.

And I do not share the opinion of Caroline being more intelligent. Diana was more committed to charity, which is even more important.

Stephano died when she was 33.

And I do not share the opinion of Caroline being more intelligent. Diana was more committed to charity, which is even more important.
Can we not compare Caroline to Diana, please? Also, how do you know that Diana was more committed to charity than Caroline is? Because Diana was patron for more of them? That hardly means she was committed to all them - she was president of the lawn bowls society and seriously, can you tell me she was committed to that? Just because Diana received more press for her actions on charity does not mean that she was more committed than Caroline either. Caroline has made very important in roads with the charities she supports, as did Diana. And Caroline is incredibly active with the charities she supports, as was Diana. They are completely different people and it's not like we know/knew either of them personally, so let's not speculate as to who's more intelligent or who was more committed or whatever. This isn't a game for scoring points - they're both people. Why can't we just appreciate both of them, in their own unique, special way and leave it at that?

FanofMonaco, I thought Caroline's major at the Sorbonne was child psychology. Well, "philosophy" would make more sense. I know she reads a lot, and very deep things! She is a true intellectual in the Parisian sense... I could see Caroline being part of the literati in the Parisian cafes. She has the attitude and the inclination for it, I think.

I think it is great that she had some "me-time" on the boat. She raised three kids virtually as a single mother. Now she is raising a fourth, now and again as a single mother. Then there is being a public figure, a princess of international interest, with many demands for her commitments and engagements. A lot of people want a piece of Caroline.

I believe the differences between Diana and Caroline are far more than similarities. If you want a Diana-comparison, I can see more similarity to Stephanie than Caroline. Caroline doesn't have the vulnerability of Diana or her sister. There is something so dynamic and self-reliant and strong about Caroline. But I don't mean to say that there is a "great" likeness between Stephanie and Diana, because I don't see a "great" likeness, only a little likeness in the sense of vulnerability. Diana had a manipulative tendency that I don't see in Stephanie at all.

Caroline is simply enjoying a short voyage in her beautiful yacht . All the rest are speculations , if she feels lonely ... , if she seems to be reflecting ...She is simply a woman portrayed at very intimate moments that everyone of us has in his/her daily life .

PC's biography on the palace website says she majored in philosophy and minored in psychology and biology.

Can we not compare Caroline to Diana, please? t

Excuse me? Your whole post is a comparison between the two, and as far as i know you are not an administrator.

how do you know that Diana was more committed to charity than Caroline is?

Because of her many trips and charity dinners, etc etc. And her support to antipersonnel mines is not something anybody does. It is a fight against the arms industry. Now you tell me about ALL the causes Caroline supports. Do not mention the exshausting job of being president of Amade, pelase.

I believe the differences between Diana and Caroline are far more than similarities. If you want a Diana-comparison, I can see more similarity to Stephanie than Caroline. Caroline doesn't have the vulnerability of Diana or her sister. There is something so dynamic and self-reliant and strong about Caroline. But I don't mean to say that there is a "great" likeness between Stephanie and Diana, because I don't see a "great" likeness, only a little likeness in the sense of vulnerability. Diana had a manipulative tendency that I don't see in Stephanie at all.

Beautifully written comparison of a three princesses CasiraghiTrio.

But I do think there is something the three princesses have in common and that is the privileged life and what it does to a person's sense of entitlement. I think all three grew up with parents who bent to their will. Princess Diana because her parents were divorced and felt guilty and gave her everything materialistically and not that much emotional support. Princess Caroline because Princess Grace was very strict with her. When Caroline moved to Paris at 17 she went wild partying and married a man that her parents did approve of. Her parents knew it would hurt her, but they had to let her marry or she would just marry him. Princess Stephanie, because she was the youngest, was spoiled by her parents. From a book I read it said Princess Grace let Stephanie take advantage of her because she was afraid to be strict. Princess Grace did not want another Caroline. Also another similar trait of the princess was each of the princess first marriage they had to deal with a cheating husband. I think all three princesses got hardened by the failures of their marriages This entitlement and hardening is shown by the way the three princesses all dated married men and broke up marriages. I would like to have seen what would have happened to Princess Diana's love life. I am very interested to see what happens next with the love life of the Grimaldi princesses.:flowers:

The Princesses all have another very important trait. They loved to be mothers. And I think they did a good job of raising their children.

Georgiea, that was a great post. It is striking to notice the common threads and patterns in the lives of three women who are/were so unique.

About the charity work, I think Thecia hit the nail on the head by raising the point that a lot of Diana's engagements were more like bullet points for her "resume" (so to speak). Diana did a lot (I am not meaning to negate her good works) to boost awareness of issues and raise the profile/money for charities. Yet many of her commitments were courtesies from clubs and communities. So it looked great to say she was President or Chieftain (I made that up);) of such and such club. And then she would pay courtesy visits to those clubs or those communities as part of her diary, and those visits would be just another reason for the press to comment on what she wore, her body language, was she or wasn't she with Charles, did she look sad or happy?:bang: Now Caroline has jobs too. Maybe she doesn't have all the extra courtesy titles, because Monaco doesn't work at all like the British Monarchy, but nevertheless, Caroline probably puts in a lot of hours in the week with reading about the issues, meetings, and fundraisers and trips. She is having a vacation now on her yacht. Diana took her summer holidays too!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom