The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Do you know what is the book? Can someone ID her book?

Not just now because I can't really make edgeways of the words on the cover. There's also two sets of writing - one lot in white and one in a pinkish brown (almost). It looks like a classic to me (and that's just a stab in the dark based on the classical looking painting on the cover and the size of it) but other than that I can't be much help I'm afraid. I'll keep trying though.
EDIT: I'm not actually sure if the second colour I see is writing now. It could just be some sort of reflection from light that looks like words.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:18 PM

^If it is a Russian novel I will want to kiss her.

Nah, I figured we won't be able to decipher it from this one pic. If only we had a good HQ. Let's manifest it....

Old 06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Serene Highness

There is a big picture in celebslam.com. I still cannot read the title of the book.

I don´t know how to post links, sorry if it´s wrong.

Wednesday's Paparazzi Leftovers - Celebslam: Shocking Tales and Tawdry Behavior!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:13 AM

Rosana, that's great! I can't read the title. I have to agree with Thecia that it looks like a classic. It's paperback. It sort of looks like......... it might be in English, but I don't know.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Rosana, that's great! I can't read the title. I have to agree with Thecia that it looks like a classic. It's paperback. It sort of looks like......... it might be in English, but I don't know.
Is that a horse and rider on the cover
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 AM
Courtier

Horse agogo? I don't see a horse. I do see some sort of cloaked figure on the cover though. I've been going over what the letters look like in my head. The first word I think starts with an A and the second with an S. There looks to be at least one N in the second word. And the two letters after the A look a little like Rs. If that's of any help to anyone.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

I think she looks great in the Jackie O glasses! They do suit her face!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Horse agogo? I don't see a horse. I do see some sort of cloaked figure on the cover though. I've been going over what the letters look like in my head. The first word I think starts with an A and the second with an S. There looks to be at least one N in the second word. And the two letters after the A look a little like Rs. If that's of any help to anyone.
Arr_____
S__n_

Maybe there is an "e" after the "n".......
Arr_____
S__ne

I feel like we're playing Wheel of Fortune!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness

ahaha We all want to know what she´s reading CT. I see DS as the initials of the author. But honestly, i guess Caroline has already read most of the classics.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

I tried to see with a magnifying glass..but no result
Old 06-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylal24 View Post
I think she looks great in the Jackie O glasses! They do suit her face!

Yep those glasses are great ! I have them in the same style and color, they're from a famous eyeglasses brand summer 2009 collection :) and guess what ? The name of those eyeglasses is just Jackie O !! :)
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe you should check which books are in the competition of the Prix Prince Pierre.
She's known to read all the books of that competition.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:30 AM

Rosana, maybe the author is Danièle Sallenave, one of the "contenders" of the Prince Pierre Prize this year. Danièle Sallenave - Wikipédia
Old 06-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh wow. She can't even read a book in peace.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Oh wow. She can't even read a book in peace.
Right! We do get a bit obsessed, don't we?
Old 06-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Rosana, maybe the author is Danièle Sallenave, one of the "contenders" of the Prince Pierre Prize this year. Danièle Sallenave - Wikipédia
If it's Danièle Sallenave, is the book Castor de Guerre? That's the book she's in contention for, no? But the cover doesn't look the same. The only book of hers I can find that has a sort of similar cover is Carnet de route en Palestine occupee.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:44 PM

^Well, the book is paperback, so it is not necessarily new. I mean, one that is up for contention might be the newest book of hers, and maybe not in paperback yet. .....
Old 06-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Yep those glasses are great ! I have them in the same style and color, they're from a famous eyeglasses brand summer 2009 collection :) and guess what ? The name of those eyeglasses is just Jackie O !! :)
With her dark hair and slim figure, and those glasses, she looks somewhat like Jackie O!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
^Well, the book is paperback, so it is not necessarily new. I mean, one that is up for contention might be the newest book of hers, and maybe not in paperback yet. .....
Well, Carnet de route en Palestine occupee is old enough to be in paperback. And it has pink writing on the cover. But the cover I saw was in black and white.Anyway, here's the Amazon page for that book. Judge for yourself.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Courtier

Yesterday, Saturday June 12, Caroline opened the family estate of Marchais for dog hunting trials. Caroline said she "learned a lot" from the experience.

Pic - Article - Translation

Closed Thread