Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline at almost 54, is one of the most beautiful women of the world.
And I don't think that it is beacuse she has money and access to all the best things in life. She is just blessed with natural beauty,and natural beauty is true beauty

Kudos to you Caroline ! you rock.

Could someone identify her sunglasses in picture 3 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Iceflower :flowers:

Caroline is on the cover of Paris Match this Week.

Headline: Caroline. Alone and radiant. Her separation with Ernst. Charlene's shadow. What future for the princess in Monaco?

Cover http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7581/jzw55w.jpg

Article

French Caroline seule et radieuse - ParisMatch.com

English Google Translate
I actually read the magazine[yes I read French] and it says that Caro's position will not really change as a result of Charlene.It states that Caro will essentially remain the matriarch and a type of honorary First Lady always. ok So that is what PA may have meant by a unique relationship with CW- It appears that the impending marriage will neither ususrp Caro nor CW.There is diplomacy here that nothing will happen to the detriment of the other.
The article was pragamtic and I might add that - I got the identical impression I had when Caro divorced Junot - that Monaco awaited her as her home and life.Caro and Albert appear closer than ever.It questions if after a period of time Caro might have to re-invent her role.Then asserts that probabilities are no.
Personally, I would lose Ernst but that is just my opinion.
The transition does appear smooth. Bravo to the Grimaldis.

I actually read the magazine[yes I read French] and it says that Caro's position will not really change as a result of Charlene.It states that Caro will essentially remain the matriarch and a type of honorary First Lady always. ok So that is what PA may have meant by a unique relationship with CW- It appears that the impending marriage will neither ususrp Caro nor CW.There is diplomacy here that nothing will happen to the detriment of the other.
The article was pragamtic and I might add that - I got the identical impression I had when Caro divorced Junot - that Monaco awaited her as her home and life.Caro and Albert appear closer than ever.It questions if after a period of time Caro might have to re-invent her role.Then asserts that probabilities are no.
Personally, I would lose Ernst but that is just my opinion.
The transition does appear smooth. Bravo to the Grimaldis.

okay, here's my thoughts:
-I'll bet the two of them somewhat share the role....Caroline's done the role for 30-ish years, and is by BIRTH first lady of Monaco-the people of Monaco know her and love her...while Charlene is by marriage...or will be next summer....Charlene's only lived in the principality for a few years...they baely know her.......Caro has been there the majority of her life. By sharing the role, I mean...one will attend certain events, the other will attend the other events...similar to the way Caro/ Steph have done over the years. Only now, instead of 2 ways, it'll be three.
-I agree 100%-Caro needs to loose Ernest....and she and Albie appear to be closer

Thanks for the video! She seems like a great person. I would love to meet her too.

Caroline is by birth First Lady of Monaco until her brother marries.

Charlene will be First Lady of Monaco. I am sure that Caroline will continue to support Monaco, Albert and Charlene but she will more or less move somewhat to the background.

I know that Caroline is very popular and loved by many on this board and by the citizens of Monaco BUT let's not emotion get into the way of basic facts. By definition of Albert's birth, it was assumed or ordained that if Albert married, Caroline would take a back seat to his wife. His wife, no matter if it is Charlene, the girl from the beach, Betty Sue, anyone.

Its not a personal attack or reflection on Caroline or Charlene, thats just the way it is.

Last edited:
Caroline is by birth First Lady of Monaco until her brother marries.

Charlene will be First Lady of Monaco. I am sure that Caroline will continue to support Monaco, Albert and Charlene but she will more or less move somewhat to the background.

I know that Caroline is very popular and loved by many on this board and by the citizens of Monaco BUT let's not emotion get into the way of basic facts. By definition of Albert's birth, it was assumed or ordained that if Albert married, Caroline would take a back seat to his wife. His wife, no matter if it is Charlene, the girl from the beach, Betty Sue, anyone.

Its not a personal attack or reflection on Caroline or Charlene, thats just the way it is.
I do agree with you Zonk. But even with a back seat Caro's popularity soars when she appears on the scene .This is also true of the trio.But let us get back into reality as you so graciously remind us and accept the facts that CW will be the First Lady officially.I think Caro's role is defined but CW will be able to come more into the picture to define hers.

okay, here's my thoughts:
-I'll bet the two of them somewhat share the role....Caroline's done the role for 30-ish years, and is by BIRTH first lady of Monaco-the people of Monaco know her and love her...while Charlene is by marriage...or will be next summer....Charlene's only lived in the principality for a few years...they baely know her.......Caro has been there the majority of her life. By sharing the role, I mean...one will attend certain events, the other will attend the other events...similar to the way Caro/ Steph have done over the years. Only now, instead of 2 ways, it'll be three.
-I agree 100%-Caro needs to loose Ernest....and she and Albie appear to be closer

It is my understanding that official events are scheduled about a year in advance. I don't read too much into Princess Caroline's resumption of duties after her long summer vacation and after Prince Albert's announcement of his engagement to Charlene. Most likely all of the Grimaldi's are following their annual schedule. It might not be appropriate for Charlene to start with official duties now. Princess Grace did not perform any official duties until after her marriage. (Although Grace did not live in Monaco as Charlene does). Princess Caroline does look unbelievably happy lately. She glows and radiates contentment. About time. I imagine that she is relived that Monaco’s ruler will soon have an official princess.

^Besides all that, Charlene has a wedding to plan!!! :flowers:

Caroline godmother of "Aquariva Marc Newson"

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4526/174958563474riva1024307.jpg

«Aquariva Marc Newson» Carolina di Monaco madrina - Val Calepio e Sebino - L'Eco di Bergamo

And interesting article

This is a really great article written by a Point de Vue journalist on her perspective of meeting Princess Caroline at the Prince Pierre Awards. I summary, she was very impressed with Caroline and found her crazy classy!

MONACO & CO - Adelaide and the City

Translate Google Traductor

thanks to Bystander(Royaldish) by summary

Thanks for the article! It's a very nice finding :flowers:

There's a photo of Caroline at the Monaco Yacht Show in this weeks Point de Vue.
I don't have a scanner and can't find it on the internet, but I thought I'd let you know.

Caroline will need to step back when Charlene becomes HSH. Caroline's job will be to assist Charlene as to protocol. She will no longer be first lady of anywhere. I wish Caroline well, but after the wedding, she will merely be the sister of the Prince.

Thank you, Rerehh, for those lovely images.

I'm glad that Caroline - despite the anniversary of Stefano's death - she has picked up the reins again with her appearance at the Palazzo Vecchio at Florence!

THanks so much rerehh for so nice scans.... I specially love Scan 1 and Scan 2. :)

Kitty Atlanta, I think you're mistaken about Princess Caroline's standing in Monaco.

If / until PA produces a legitimate heir, Caroline will continue to be the Heiress Apparent - something that Charlene will never be. She will be a Princess Consort, but can never be included in the succession table.

Kitty Atlanta, I think you're mistaken about Princess Caroline's standing in Monaco.

If / until PA produces a legitimate heir, Caroline will continue to be the Heiress Apparent - something that Charlene will never be. She will be a Princess Consort, but can never be included in the succession table.

Is she Heiress Apparent? I know she is Hereditary Princess but she must be Heiress Presumptive, no? Because her place would be supplanted by a legitimate son/daughter of Albert and Charlene. An Heir Apparent is an heir who cannot be supplanted like Prince Charles in England.

It's a new age for Caroline. I think she is past the age of caring about being the "first" lady of Monaco. She has earned her stripes and she can stand alone in her activities. I don't think she is interested in competing with anyone, let alone Charlene, who is young enough to be her daughter!!!!:lol:

Rere, thank you SO MUCH for those scans! I wish I had that magazine!!!

1) Charlene can't compete with Caroline
2) Caroline will always be considered the "1st Lady" of Monaco - even after Charlene marries Prince Albert because Charlene is going to have to win over the people and earn their love and respect....hasn't quite done that yet
3) Charlene is under a lot of pressure to produce an heir....preferable a male, as is the case with royal families.....
4) Caroline is at a good place in her life - I'm sure she couldn't care any less if she's 1st Lady or not.....

1) Charlene can't compete with Caroline
2) Caroline will always be considered the "1st Lady" of Monaco - even after Charlene marries Prince Albert because Charlene is going to have to win over the people and earn their love and respect....hasn't quite done that yet
3) Charlene is under a lot of pressure to produce an heir....preferable a male, as is the case with royal families.....
4) Caroline is at a good place in her life - I'm sure she couldn't care any less if she's 1st Lady or not.....

I agree 100%!

She should climb some big mountain like Mount Everest, to prove her greatness and have some rest afterwards.

Charlene doesn't have to compete with anyone. All the best to PCaro. I just fail to understand everyone's romance with her.

KittyAtlanta and CasiraghiTrio, of course you're both right - Caro will only ever be Heir Presumptive - sorry about that.
Let's hope that everyone in the Family will get whatever they wish for....

^I agree...it's the begining of a new era (wow, that sounds like the trailer of a movie) but as you say, let's hope everyone get what they wish for.

Today, October 20, Princess Caroline attended the gala dinner of the
organization GEMLUC.

GEMLUC (Groupement des Entreprises Monegasques dans la Lutte contre le
Cancer) is a charitable association founded in 1973 to fight against cancer.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom