The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Courtier

Wow, Caroline looks great! Très magnifique, princesse! A style renaissance indeed!

Old 05-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Gentry

I love Caroline´s style in the post 317. Bravo!

Old 05-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Commoner

Did you notice that apparently she is wearing her wedding ring?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Courtier

Hmm, I was going to say it was the same ring that she's been wearing a lot recently but on closer inspection, it seems it's not. Too thin. However, it still doesn't appear to be her wedding ring from Ernst. As I said before, that was a white-gold colour, if I recall correctly.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

It looks like a wedding ring, though she is still married....
Old 05-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Could it be her wedding ring from Stefano? I don't know about her wedding rings. I never paid attention, but it seems like she could still wear Stefano's ring (not while she was "with" Ernst, of course, but maybe now if they are separated, like the media says). As Stefano's widow, in a way she never stopped being married to him, and maybe now it would be ..... comforting? I don't know. I guess it could be either comforting or depressing, depending on how you view death. But my feeling is, Stefano's spirit is always with her and their children.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
Could it be her wedding ring from Stefano? I don't know about her wedding rings. I never paid attention, but it seems like she could still wear Stefano's ring (not while she was "with" Ernst, of course, but maybe now if they are separated, like the media says). As Stefano's widow, in a way she never stopped being married to him, and maybe now it would be ..... comforting? I don't know. I guess it could be either comforting or depressing, depending on how you view death. But my feeling is, Stefano's spirit is always with her and their children.
Theoretically, you can see Caroline's wedding ring from Stefano in this photo. It's kind of odd, seeing as it actually looks thicker than Stefano's one. Usually it's the other way round. And there's this photo where she's wearing a ring but I can't tell if it's her wedding ring from Ernst or not. Actually, to be honest, I can't even remember if she had one.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

I cannot imagine she's pining away for Ernst now, so I can't imagine that she's wearing their wedding ring. I would imagine it's just a ring from among the arsenal of jewelry she owns.....
Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
Theoretically, you can see Caroline's wedding ring from Stefano in this photo. It's kind of odd, seeing as it actually looks thicker than Stefano's one. Usually it's the other way round. And there's this photo where she's wearing a ring but I can't tell if it's her wedding ring from Ernst or not. Actually, to be honest, I can't even remember if she had one.
I can't even see her ring in the first image (but the image itself is beautiful!) I can see Stefano's ring of course. Horseygal is probably right. I just thought, since someone brought up the wedding rings, it was possible she dug out the ring from her union with Stefano, for sentimental reasons. Her life is so altered, and I don't know about her or any of you guys, but for myself, when my life is at a crisis point and everything is shifting, I like to have treasures of the past to comfort me, give me strength. I do hope Caroline stays single for awhile. She has never tried that. She's always gone from one man to another. She should explore this new experience and see what that's all about. It's time.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:51 AM
Courtier

More probably than not, it's just a random ring. I wish it wasn't though. I agree, sentimentality during difficult times is great and perfectly acceptable. I still keep things that remind me of something or someone because they're comforting. Perhaps Caroline isn't the same though. She did always seem terribly logical.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Courtier

I so missed this article when it came up on my blog roll a few weeks ago. I'm thinking I need to pay a little more attention. But YAY apparently Caroline wants to stop smoking! Very, very cool. Good for your health too. It says in the article they spoke to the BBC (I think?), which confuses me a little. I might have to go digging.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:53 AM

I think it says the doctors spoke to the BBC to deny the rumor that Caroline ever actually went to their lab in Clusone. They say that she never went to Clusone, but she invited them to go to her house because she was interested in the therapies they practice as a means to help her quit. It's great. I had no idea she wanted to quit. Good for her. I hope she is instilling in Alexandra that it's wise never to start. Someone has to break the cycle in that family!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Yeah, I thought it said that but what I didn't get is why they talked to the BBC in the first place. I just didn't see the connection. Maybe they were doing an interview for something else and dropped it in. In any case, I'm still happy that Caroline wants to quit. She hasn't quite yet I see (judging from the photos of her on Pacha) and I highly doubt it's going to be some overnight process - it never is - but at least she's making moves to. I certainly hope it will stop Alex from picking up the habit. It seems to run in the family! I think it might be a little late for Caroline's health overall (her smoker's cough in Lagerfeld Confidential almost made me gag ) but at least it means she'll be around a little longer.
Old 05-24-2010, 03:01 PM

Yeah,maybe the treatment she will use is better than other things, but I know for my mom it took several years to completely kick it, and sometimes she'd relapse. Overall, it was probably a decade of quitting, relapsing, and quitting again and again. But now she hasn't smoked about seven years now and she says that her health is so improved that the idea of going back to smoking makes her sick. I broke the cycle for my family, who were all smokers too. I'll keep my hopes up for Alex.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or View Post

One needs to be said for sure : A stupendous woman.

Indeed. Ermst, what COULD have happened to part you from this creature, who you always used to make laugh?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by selket View Post
Indeed. Ermst, what COULD have happened to part you from this creature, who you always used to make laugh?
IMHO - he really never had any purpose, not that he was looking for one either. He could have supported and/or started charities in Kenya (Lamu), or elswhere. Princess Caroline has royal duties and responsibilities for the principality - the English royal family doesn't need Ernst to do anything (since that's the throne he's in line for), so his life was following Caroline to various events, or attending weddings and events he was invited to.....he got bored....sadly, and probably didn't like playing second fiddle to Princess Caroline. While his first wife - Chantal - came from a wealthy family, HE was the royal w/all the clout and power. Princess Caroline has her own wealth, clout and power....I think he was just feeling unappreciated, so he strayed....just my take on the whole situation; not at all condoning it.....
Old 05-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
It looks like a wedding ring, though she is still married....
I first noticed this ring in October 2009. I never saw her wearing this wide wedding band before, not with any of her engagement rings

the Fashion Spot
Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Okay, time to move on and concentrate on the current events again...
Old 05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Each year I look forward to the following event, it's always so nice to see:

Princess Caroline visiting new mothers and their newborn babies at the
Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco on May, 27, 2010. It's a visit on
the ocassion of mother's day on Sunday, last year Princess Stephanie
attended the event.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

** belga 1 ** belga 2 **
Old 05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very nice from Princess Caroline, it must have been a beautiful gesture for the mothers in there.