Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think she looks lovely, the suit is beautiful. I liked her hair when it was cut shorter, about ear length. She's an incredibly stylish and elegant women.
I agree, I think her hair looked great ear length and now that she's older maybe a blunt cut to make her hair look thicker and bangs. I don't get it, she has access to the world's best hairstylist's, there must be something they can do to giver her a decent haircut/style, she needs one very badly. Her hair has gotten thinner as she got older and she sure could use a flattering haircut !

I agree, I think her hair looked great ear length and now that she's older maybe a blunt cut to make her hair look thicker and bangs. I don't get it, she has access to the world's best hairstylist's, there must be something they can do to giver her a decent haircut/style, she needs one very badly. Her hair has gotten thinner as she got older and she sure could use a flattering haircut !

i think PC is wonderful but i have to agree with all of these comments:flowers:

I'm glad Caroline was the one to do the World Refugee Day stuff. Albert could have done it but he had the wedding to attend, and it was only fitting for the sovereign to represent Monaco at the wedding in Sweden. The other other option would have been to delegate it to Steph or Ann de Massy or Andrea, and I think it was worthy of having the most importance attached to it. UNHCR has a lot to do with AMADE so it was best for this person to be Caroline. This was more important than a wedding, even a Crown Princess wedding, which doesn't require a delegation. Albert and his date were enough for that, I think.
As for Charlene, I think her and Albert's relationship is, frankly, rather stupid, but they are otherwise too uninteresting for me to comment on, and I'm totally indifferent about it. I do not care at all whether they marry or continue in the status quo or breakup tomorrow. Blah, blah, blah.

Pure People has a gallery of pics of Caroline at the conference. :flowers:
Caroline de Hanovre, pendant que son frère Albert est de mariage avec Charlene, poursuit son combat...
On the subject of her hair - it looks gorgeous to me. I like how she's been wearing it recently. And I think there comes a point where regardless of how you wear your hair or how you live your life, you're going to start looking old because you're starting to get old. Which Caroline is. She's no spring chicken. :lol: ;) I do like her with short short hair but none of that bob stuff like she had around 2006. That ages her too. :ermm:
The only slight criticism I have to be honest is her shoes. Nice design but terrible fit. It's not really her fault (it was Christian who made the shoe :lol:) but she should know that a shoe with such a pattern does not stand up to having no heel. The strap just looks wrong. :ermm: But that's it. Otherwise I think she pulled it off. She was appropriate for the occasion - not hyper-glam but not looking like she just rolled out of bed either.
Love your comments Thecia - straight from the heart chick:flowers:

Regarding Princess Caroline's hair, I think that it's not the length that makes it unflattering, but the overall condition. It does seem dry and brittle. Hot oil or deep conditioning treatment might do the trick.

Sorry if I digress, but looking at the many photos of the Swedish Royal Wedding, I suspect that there are several royal women who've had some work done. Some look unnatural. This is where I appreciate Caroline and Stephanie more.

I don't know anyone w/Alopecia, but I would imagine that aging folicles and a history of Alopecia has forever changed the condition of her hair. I think it looks blah in the picture (at the conference) because it's not styled - it appears clean and shiny, but maybe at that length, some soft ringlets would be pretty and soften the look. I'm not sure how much product she can use on delicate hair, however....I'm sure she's doing the best she can.

Regarding Princess Caroline's hair, I think that it's not the length that makes it unflattering, but the overall condition. It does seem dry and brittle. Hot oil or deep conditioning treatment might do the trick.

I think Caroline's hair reflects her psychological condition. In the time of Stefano she had gorgous hair, strong, nice. When she lost him she cut her hair and she had them short for years, After that she had the alopecia.
And now, she is alone again, and her hair are again in bad stage.

Sorry if I digress, but looking at the many photos of the Swedish Royal Wedding, I suspect that there are several royal women who've had some work done. Some look unnatural. This is where I appreciate Caroline and Stephanie more

Each persons has it's own way to face ageing! We do not have the right to judge their reactions.

Well, everytime we see her with nice, healthy hair there must be something great happening in her life:ROFLMAO:

I don't know if I've noticed the overall condition of her hair but I have noticed what she does to it when something happens in her life. She cuts it or leave it unstyled. She cut her hair after Stefano died and after Rainier died and she was pretty terrible with it in the first few months after she and Ernst split up. Then something good in her life happens and she goes the other way - she grows it long (it was longest when she was happiest - with Stefano) and takes more care with it. When she got together with Vincent, she started letting it grow back out again (that bob was terrible, I hope you don't mind me saying :ermm:) and she let it grow out long when she was with Ernst and it started growing back after her alopecia. It's getting super long now. I wonder why that is? :whistling: :ROFLMAO:
Actually, this is a random thought but whenever I hear "Autumn Song" by Manic Street Preachers, I think of Caroline. There's a verse where it says, "Now baby what you done to your hair? Is it just the same time of year, when you think that you don't really care? Now baby what, have you done to your hair?" I wonder if for Caroline it's a form of reflecting her emotion, a form of self-punishment or when she's feeling down, she couldn't care less about her hair and it's just easier or a combination of all three? I suppose it's better than other ways of coping. Of all the things about herself she could let slide when she's down, I think the hair is the best option because it is of least consequence. :cool:

I think Caroline's her reflects her psychological condition. In the time of Stefano she had gorgous hair, strong, nice. When she lost him she cut her hais and she had them short for years, After that she had the alopecia.
And now, she is alone again, and her hair are again in bad stage.

Each persons has it's own way to face ageing! We do not have the right to judge their reactions.

This is a forum. We make comments, express our likes and dislikes, and sometimes they can be interpreted as passing judgment. We don't all have the vocabulary to ensure the distinction is clear, but in this particular case, royrrules wasn't judging, she was making an observation and expressing an appreciation. This kind of mantra of censorship when someone wants to be personal is tiresome and intimidating.

As far as Caroline's hair is concerned, the author of an article written after she chopped off her hair when lost Stefano compared her drastic and violent reaction to an Italian widow's signing (giving both a personal and a public sign of) her despair, loss of femininity and sexuality. Implied was the idea that mourning would be a long process which had to be publicly acknowledged and that the woman would recover her integrity when her hair had grown back. In the meantime, she was in a liminal state, neither here nor there, in a kind of limbo where the body loses its sensual presence. To continue the analogy and if your and Thecia's analysis is correct, Caroline is ready to be a full person again in her own right and to be fully part of the world again.

Personally, I think she can look ravishing in a bob, when it is well-styled. She has the kind of face that is nicely set off by a bob, as opposed to very short hair, which, I think, suits smaller faces better. Medium length hair with long bangs on one side was one of her best youth hairstyles.

This is a forum. We make comments, express our likes and dislikes, and sometimes they can be interpreted as passing judgment. We don't all have the vocabulary to ensure the distinction is clear, but in this particular case, royrrules wasn't judging, she was making an observation and expressing an appreciation. This kind of mantra of censorship when someone wants to be personal is tiresome and intimidating.

Bravo! Very well said indeed.

As far as Caroline's hair is concerned, the author of an article written after she chopped off her hair when lost Stefano compared her drastic and violent reaction to an Italian widow's signing (giving both a personal and a public sign of) her despair, loss of femininity and sexuality.est youth hairstyles.

I think that that author has a lot of imagination and he/she should update his/her view about the Italian women. This is a modern country like all those countries belonging to the Western World.
My mother didn't cut her hair at all after my father's death, neither did my aunts or friends when they lost their husbands. Perhaps at that time Caroline had problems with alopecia, due to the stress and sorrow, in order not weakened her hair. I know of women who cut their hair when they get pregnant or breast feed their children, as it is thought that this may enfeeble their hair, but I ignore whether this is true or not.

I think that that author has a lot of imagination and he/she should update his/her view about the Italian women. This is a modern country like all those countries belonging to the Western World.
My mother didn't cut her hair at all after my father's death, neither did my aunts or friends when they lost their husbands. Perhaps at that time Caroline had problems with alopecia, due to the stress and sorrow, in order not weakened her hair. I know of women who cut their hair when they get pregnant or breast feed their children, as it is thought that this may enfeeble their hair, but I ignore whether this is true or not.

I don't know what the writer of the article was refering to exactly. I remember taking it as on a symbolic level, based on something women did in the past, but I am not familiar enough with mediterranean cultures to know if there is a real basis to it. It almost seems like something from an ancient tragedy, with greek more than italian roots. I do think that sometimes people do things based on a memory of something they read or saw: the powerful poetry of it may appeal to them at a subconscious level and it will be translated into a real, concrete gesture when the occasion arises. If anybody knows about this alleged custom, I think we'd all like to hear it. Perhaps he made it up; and it seemed powerful and appropriate enough to me that I still remember it after all these years.

Whenever people spend a lot of time in or by the sea, as in summer, human hair is exposed to something akin to torture.

Perhaps this has happened to Caroline's hair?

Princess Caroline attends an event held by the the Principality of Monaco to mark the World Refugee Day 2010, at the Fairmont Hotel in Monaco, 18 June 2010.
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

To me it looks as if Princess Caroline was sick. She has nice hair, but did not style it. In a later photo of her on the balcony with her daughter and Prince Albert again her she doesn't look sick, but her hair needs some curl and lift. I think she needs a haircut.

Gosh... some of those photos were a shock. She has disimproved very much. She needs a massive hair makeover, no doubt about it . How hard can it be given who she is to get a top notch hairdresser in and restyle her. She also looks jaded and worn down really. The radiance has completely left her.

What will happen now with Caroline ?
Charlène will be Monaco's first Lady , and she HRH Princess of Hannover without the Prince?

Charlène will be Monaco's first Lady , and she HRH Princess of Hannover without the Prince?
They're not divorced yet. Whilst Caroline is still married to Ernst, she has every right to the title. And to repeat the oft-repeated quote from Albert, there is no such thing as "First Lady of Monaco". Previously, Caroline and Stephanie shared that "role". Now one would assume it will Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie who will share it. :flowers:

What I've always loved the about the Principality is that they are move relaxed than other royal houses. They do not have to have every hair in place, have the perfect make up or the the perfect clothes on 24/7/365....they show who they really are - if they are happy, they show that; if they are hurting - they show that. I respect them for being real - every outing is not a photo op for them; totally respect that.

What would 'alleged' mean, if I may ask?
Thanks

Meaning...we cannot confirm nor deny the split. Sure she moved back to Monaco with Alex, and they haven't been seen publicly together for a year-still their marriage could be still in tact and this current arragement works for all involved and that's what matters.

They're not divorced yet. Whilst Caroline is still married to Ernst, she has every right to the title. And to repeat the oft-repeated quote from Albert, there is no such thing as "First Lady of Monaco". Previously, Caroline and Stephanie shared that "role". Now one would assume it will Charlene, Caroline and Stephanie who will share it. :flowers:

True, Thecia. You be right, sister. But..... :lol: ........ it surely is a cool title. I wanna be First Lady of Monaco. :ohmy: Wait :doh: No I don't. Cancel cancel!!:ROFLMAO:

Duchessmary said:
Caroline looks awful! What's going on??

How is it she looks "awful?" What do you mean?

True, Thecia. You be right, sister. But..... :lol: ........ it surely is a cool title. I wanna be First Lady of Monaco. :ohmy: Wait :doh: No I don't. Cancel cancel!!:ROFLMAO:

How is it she looks "awful?" What do you mean?
Oh absolutely. I love lavishing that title - on Caroline in particular. ;) She's just awesome where others are so not. :ROFLMAO: I wouldn't mind the role either, were it not for what the job entails... ;) :lol:

I've got no idea what they mean to be honest. :ermm: She doesn't look awful. Really, is she supposed to look perfect all the time? I feel like people sit on one extreme or the other - she either looks fantastic or she looks terrible. Can she not just look "okay"? She looked good enough and right for the occasion. It's a conference on refugees, not a ball. And she's 53, it's not like we can expect her to be as perfect and youthful as she was in the eighties. :ermm:

Growing Alexandra practically alone is tiring enough,and she still has (and probably will have) her title.It will happen what exactly is happening for years now with Stephanie (enjoy Monaco,herself,her kids,her spare time).It's not that bad.;)

The recent pictures show me that, despite Ernest is away, there is so much love and affection between Caroline and her kids... They all look radiant.
I like very very much the way the Princess looks both in public appearances and in private moments.
Many thanks to everybody who posts pictures.

Well, even if Caroline raises Alexandra by herself, I HIGHLY doubt that it'll be tiring, since she ( Caroline ) surealy has a plotoon of nannies and baby sitters to rely on.

Even if all these people help her she will be the only one with Alexandra's responsibility.It's not necessary to dig in order to tell that you are tired.But i get your point and you're right in the sence of it is harder for other women who don't have these means.

There will only be one person fufilling the role of Prince Albert's wife - Charlene. Princesses Caroline and Stepanie shared official duties because Prince Albert was not married and Princess Grace (sadly) has passed. After Prince Albert marries, Caroline and Stephanie will support the Prince and his wife, not share Charlenes role.

I think the role of "Albert's wife" (which to me is a personal role ) and the role of "First Lady" (which doesn't really exist) are two different things. What I meant is the official roles one would expect a "First Lady" to fulfill. I doubt Charlene will fulfill all of them. I agree with whoever it was (I think it was Renata or Bones) that said that in the beginning at least, Monegasques will be more comfortable and familiar with Caroline and Stephanie. Just the same as they acted with Grace. I mean, I'm not writing Charlene off but let's not write Caroline or Stephanie off either, hmm? I don't know of any ruling family in the world who puts all the responsibilities on one member and says the others are just support acts. Sure, there are some people who have more responsibilities than others but they work as a team, sharing responsibilities. Albert, Caroline and Stephanie have acted as a team for a long time now. I doubt that will change just because Albert's getting married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom