Princess Caroline Current Events Part 1: April 2008 - October 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what is the book? Can someone ID her book? :prettyplease:

:reading:

:hmm:
Not just now because I can't really make edgeways of the words on the cover. There's also two sets of writing - one lot in white and one in a pinkish brown (almost). It looks like a classic to me (and that's just a stab in the dark based on the classical looking painting on the cover and the size of it) but other than that I can't be much help I'm afraid. I'll keep trying though. :flowers:
EDIT: I'm not actually sure if the second colour I see is writing now. It could just be some sort of reflection from light that looks like words.

^If it is a Russian novel I will want to kiss her.

Nah, I figured we won't be able to decipher it from this one pic. If only we had a good HQ. Let's manifest it.... :D

Rosana, that's great! I can't read the title. I have to agree with Thecia that it looks like a classic. It's paperback. It sort of looks like......... it might be in English, but I don't know.

Rosana, that's great! I can't read the title. I have to agree with Thecia that it looks like a classic. It's paperback. It sort of looks like......... it might be in English, but I don't know.

Is that a horse and rider on the cover:unsure:

Horse agogo? I don't see a horse. :ermm: I do see some sort of cloaked figure on the cover though. I've been going over what the letters look like in my head. The first word I think starts with an A and the second with an S. There looks to be at least one N in the second word. And the two letters after the A look a little like Rs. If that's of any help to anyone. ;)

I think she looks great in the Jackie O glasses! They do suit her face!

Horse agogo? I don't see a horse. :ermm: I do see some sort of cloaked figure on the cover though. I've been going over what the letters look like in my head. The first word I think starts with an A and the second with an S. There looks to be at least one N in the second word. And the two letters after the A look a little like Rs. If that's of any help to anyone. ;)

Arr_____
S__n_

Maybe there is an "e" after the "n".......
Arr_____
S__ne

I feel like we're playing Wheel of Fortune!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
ahaha We all want to know what she´s reading CT. I see DS as the initials of the author. But honestly, i guess Caroline has already read most of the classics.

I tried to see with a magnifying glass..but no result:innocent:

I think she looks great in the Jackie O glasses! They do suit her face!

Yep those glasses are great ! I have them in the same style and color, they're from a famous eyeglasses brand summer 2009 collection :) and guess what ? The name of those eyeglasses is just Jackie O !! :)

Maybe you should check which books are in the competition of the Prix Prince Pierre.
She's known to read all the books of that competition.

Oh wow. She can't even read a book in peace.

Rosana, maybe the author is Danièle Sallenave, one of the "contenders" of the Prince Pierre Prize this year. Danièle Sallenave - Wikipédia
If it's Danièle Sallenave, is the book Castor de Guerre? That's the book she's in contention for, no? But the cover doesn't look the same. :ermm: The only book of hers I can find that has a sort of similar cover is Carnet de route en Palestine occupee.

^Well, the book is paperback, so it is not necessarily new. I mean, one that is up for contention might be the newest book of hers, and maybe not in paperback yet. .....

Yep those glasses are great ! I have them in the same style and color, they're from a famous eyeglasses brand summer 2009 collection :) and guess what ? The name of those eyeglasses is just Jackie O !! :)
With her dark hair and slim figure, and those glasses, she looks somewhat like Jackie O!

^Well, the book is paperback, so it is not necessarily new. I mean, one that is up for contention might be the newest book of hers, and maybe not in paperback yet. .....
Well, Carnet de route en Palestine occupee is old enough to be in paperback. And it has pink writing on the cover. But the cover I saw was in black and white.Anyway, here's the Amazon page for that book. Judge for yourself. ;)

Yesterday, Saturday June 12, Caroline opened the family estate of Marchais for dog hunting trials. Caroline said she "learned a lot" from the experience. :flowers:

Pic - Article - Translation

Okay, now I'm confused. I'm trying to think of a Danielle Steel book with that sort of cover. At first I thought it might be Amazing Grace. I might have to hit Amazon of Google or something. :ermm: Are you sure it's Danielle Steel? For some reason, I can't imagine Caroline reading a Danielle Steel book. She just doesn't seem the type of person to read a romance novel. But hey, if she does, then that's all good. :flowers:

:)Thecia, thanx for the pic and arcticle and whereabouts is the family estate of Marchais?

Debrann, here's the link to the thread on the Chateau de Marchais :flowers:
Marchais Estate
And it's in the commune of Marchais, in the Aisne department in Northern France. Here's the wiki stub link :flowers:
Marchais, Aisne

Yesterday, Saturday June 12, Caroline opened the family estate of Marchais for dog hunting trials. Caroline said she "learned a lot" from the experience. :flowers:

Pic - Article - Translation

This is something i'll never understand... P. Caroline seems to be such a children lover and protecter, she's always in the company of animals ( dogs, horses... ), and then, one of her favourite sports is hunting... killing animals for funn?!?!? :bang: :bang: :bang:

I know, I don't quite get it either. Modern hunting generally doesn't involve animals (clay pigeons and modern fox hunting) but I do remember seeing photos of Caroline with a dead bird I think. I think hunting is a little barbaric to be honest. "Nothing like a little bit of bonding of the blood-letting of innocent animals!" But I suppose, when you're brought up with it, you're okay with it. It kind of goes against everything else she seems to stand for though. She said in an interview that one of the pros of moving to St Remy was being able to have lots of animals. "Yeah, I love you animals but I'll kill your cousins!" :ermm:
Sorry, I don't mean to come across so strong it's just that I don't get it. The dogs are cute though. ;) :flowers:

...sick as it is, it's seems to be more about tradition that animal rights....almost all royal families in every country hunts animals, has furs, mounted heads, etc....and, they love their horses, dogs, etc...

I don't know how much of he hunting they do is about consumption than about sport (I refer to the quail hunting, mostly); I don't imagine that consumption is the purpose as much as the thrill of the hunt.....IMHO. I'm not a vegetarian, either, but I cannot imagine hunting for sport - not knocking anyone who does, it's just not my thing. Some feel that horses shouldn't be ridden for sport, and are against circuses, dog fighting, etc, where animals are used for our pleasure....arguments can be made all around.....

It's Danielle Steele!

I doubt that. If you search via Amazon.com you will find books of Ms Steel with distinctive typografy on the cover. The name of the author is printed with large font. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom