The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
one of EAīs brothers comitted suiside with his wife. Does anyone know anything of this and why it happened?
I think if you look else-where in the threads on this MB you might find the exact reasons .... as far as I can recall EA's brother was a cocaine addict, as well as his wife?

Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Hanover Family Tragedy

Prince Ernst August's younger brother Prince Ludwig Rudolph was born in 1955.

In 1987 he married Countess Isabelle von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli.

On 28 November 1988 Isabelle died of a heart and lung edema caused by a cocaine overdose. Ludwig Rudolph phoned Ernst August in London telling him of his wife's death, then drove to the family's hunting lodge. He was found slumped in his car with the muzzle of a hunting rifle still in his mouth.

At the time the media referred to them as members of the "Euro-trash drug set."

They left behind a young son, 9 months old HRH Prince Otto of Hanover. An Austrian court in 1990 granted custody to his maternal grandparents the Count and Countess von T und V-C-V. The Count died in 1996, so the Countess, born Princess Marie of Auersperg, is bringing up Otto.

Photos of Prince Otto are rare, and I don't know if he has contact with his Hanover relatives.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the info Warren.
This is very sad,my condolences are with Hannover family.

Does some1 on the Hannover family think (before Ludwing died) put him in a Hospital??
Old 04-24-2005, 02:25 PM
Nobility

Thatīs horrible!!! And he killed himself and left a baby behind! Letīs hope that Otto is a very nice and kindfull kid with no problems...
Old 04-24-2005, 03:05 PM

I'm shocked with this!! That's horrible.
About the pics, Ernst looks so thin and old, don't you think?
Well, I'm glad he's doing fine.
This forum is so great!!! Hope you all can understand my poor english!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:37 PM
Commoner

Ludwid Von Hanover
Old 04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Nobility

I was just looking on the website for the British newspaper the Daily Mail and I found that on the site there are conflicting reports about what happened to Caroline when she tore her knee ligaments whilst skiing in Zurs a few years ago. One article reports that a snow plough hit her from behind whilst the other article says that she was hit by a skiing lout. Links to both articles are below. In one of them it also says that a month after she married Prince Ernst August and was pregnant with ALexandra she witnessed and avalanche at Zurs and narrowly escaped it. Does anybody know anything about these reports? Thanks a million!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Old 04-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Serene Highness

Here's a new article from Hello about E-A

Prince Ernst of Hanover has vowed to change his lifestyle after severe pancreatitis, which can be caused by heavy drinking, put him in intensive care in a Monaco hospital earlier this month.

Asked if his life had been in danger during the illness, which prevented him from attending the funeral of his father-in-law Prince Rainier, both Ernst and the doctor who was with him during the interview immediately answered, "Yes!" The prince went on to confess, "I don't want (to die) yet. My daughter is only five years old."

The 51-year-old royal, who is married to Rainier's elder daughter Princess Caroline, made the comments during a chat at the exclusive Austrian clinic where he is currently convalescing.

Admitting that he has a problem saying no when friends call him to go out drinking, Ernst says he now intends to learn how to keep to himself so that no-one will call him any more. He can thus avoid the temptation of alcohol.

"For 35 years, my lifestyle has been more than difficult," the father of three said during the interview. "But now things are going to be different. I must take it step by step."

I hope for his sake and that of his family's he can take it easy!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by budge9
I was just looking on the website for the British newspaper the Daily Mail and I found that on the site there are conflicting reports about what happened to Caroline when she tore her knee ligaments whilst skiing in Zurs a few years ago. One article reports that a snow plough hit her from behind whilst the other article says that she was hit by a skiing lout. Links to both articles are below. In one of them it also says that a month after she married Prince Ernst August and was pregnant with ALexandra she witnessed and avalanche at Zurs and narrowly escaped it. Does anybody know anything about these reports? Thanks a million!

Yeah I remember reading about them some years ago. In 2001 Caroline hurt her knee while skiing, she fell on the snow or something and they rushed her on a helicopter to a hospital. She attended some functions in March that year using a walking cane.

Then the avalanche what I read said that an avalanche hit Zurs and they were trapped in Zurs. But I never read anything about her witnessing it.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:56 PM
Commoner

Is saw on German television a short interview with Ernst August! It is nice to see him training again. He want's to have a better life now.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Prince Ernst of Hanover has vowed to change his lifestyle after severe pancreatitis, which can be caused by heavy drinking, put him in intensive care in a Monaco hospital earlier this month.
I hope he keeps to his vows! For his sake as well as his family!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:02 PM
Majesty

I would really like to see more pix of Caroline and Ernst hugging or kissing each other. I really love those pix. So if you have some more please post them. Thanx
Old 04-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Commoner

Ernst_August question

Does anyone know why Caroline is not with EA at the Austrian clinic? I remember that she and little Alex accompanied him when he stayed at a clinic after passing out from drinking in 2000 (this was at the reception in Celle after the dedication of the Monaco pavilion at the Hanover Expo). Wouldn't the family want to be together to comfort each other after the loss of Caroline's father and EA's health crisis?
Old 04-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

she probably has to stay with their little daughter and continue their normal daily routine for her benefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby
Does anyone know why Caroline is not with EA at the Austrian clinic? I remember that she and little Alex accompanied him when he stayed at a clinic after passing out from drinking in 2000 (this was at the reception in Celle after the dedication of the Monaco pavilion at the Hanover Expo). Wouldn't the family want to be together to comfort each other after the loss of Caroline's father and EA's health crisis?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
she probably has to stay with their little daughter and continue their normal daily routine for her benefit
And maybe a clinic is not the right place for a little girl like
Alexandra :) Does anyone know if she visits a kind of kindergarten
or a pre-school? Would be interesting to know..
Old 04-29-2005, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

I would think they have a nanny to take care of Alexandria.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Gentry

New pics!

Small but you can see litlle Alex in few.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Great pix Enelle, where have you found them?
Old 04-29-2005, 03:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Great pix Enelle, where have you found them?
I've found them at pps site (photo press service vienna).
Old 04-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the pics Enelle!!! Great ones

Closed Thread