Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 6 : April 2005 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline and Ernst on vacation

Attachments

• 13-2.jpg
    13-2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,952
  • 16-2.jpg
    16-2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,994
  • 06-2.jpg
    06-2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2,022
New Interview of Ernst August!

Ernst August has been interviewed and shown
at his rehabilitation centre in Austria today. It
was the most private interview he ever gave
(so it was said) and he talked about the pain
and his hopes it would only be a problem with
his appendix. Together with his doctor he talked
about the illness and thanked the doctors in
Monaco. But still he seems ververy weak, he is
very thin and you can see in his face what he
has gone through. No questions about his
family were allowed, but Ernst August made
some training on a bike and was filmed walking
through the park. He was very friendly and it
was said he had changed..
Hope some of you were also able to see that
interview!

Prince Ernst August in Voralberg for recover

Attachments

• bild1.jpg
    bild1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 324
  • bild2.jpg
    bild2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 300
  • bild3.jpg
    bild3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 327
  • bild4.jpg
    bild4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 262
  • bild5.jpg
    bild5.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 321
  • bild7.jpg
    bild7.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 324
He does seem to have lost a bit of weight. Maybe this is the wake up call that he needed and he has suddenly realised what he almost lost!!!

Thank you very much for adding the pics, tbhrc!!

iceflower said:
Thank you very much for adding the pics, tbhrc!!

No problem, where have you seen the interview with ernst August?

Thank you for information iceflower and tbhrc!

Nice to se Prince Ernst again..

I feel so badly for Caroline and her children and Ernst' children. Yes, hopefully, this is a "wake up" call for Ernst. Acute pancreatitis is nothing to play around with. Ernst' doctor at the time (interview in "Vanity Fair" in 2001, I believe) seemed rather flippant about his patient's love of rich foods and alcohol saying "it is only a problem if the patient drinks more than his doctor--and he doesn't." Suffice to say, having lived through this with a family member, he is going to have to adhere to a very strict diet: no rich food, no alcohol, no cigarettes. The pancreas is a very tricky organ and, once badly damaged, it is difficult to treat. It also makes the chances of developing pancreatic cancer--one of the deadliest you can get--appreciably higher. Ernst has a lot to live for and, based on what is being reported, if he follows medical advice, he will be fine. Again, hope the "wake up" call registered.

Some other new pix of Prince Ernst August

Attachments

• 1041019.jpg
    1041019.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 1041030.jpg
    1041030.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 1041027.jpg
    1041027.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 1041026.jpg
    1041026.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 1041024.jpg
    1041024.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 290
  • 1041022.jpg
    1041022.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 288
  • 1041021.jpg
    1041021.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 291
  • 1041020.jpg
    1041020.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 1041018.jpg
    1041018.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 261
so Beautiful pics !!! THANKS !;)
It's very nice to see the prince well ..............:)

Wow! I wonder why Ernst agreed to an interview. They're usually so private...

Oh, Ernst...yeah, it's great to have him back...

Here are two photos I just love:

Attachments

• mo70.JPG
    mo70.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 307
  • mo71.JPG
    mo71.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 156
Thanks for the info and pix regarding Ernst's new interview. After Rainier's death and the public speculating about his health, Caroline,etc. I'm sure this was done to put out some good publicity. I'm sure Ernst did this interview as a way to let the public know that he is on the mend and wants to possibly change. One can only hope that he change his life for the better.

I'm no fan of EA, but I'm happy to have him back, for him and for his family.

michelle said:
Oh, Ernst...yeah, it's great to have him back...

Here are two photos I just love:
I agree with you these pictures of them are great! They look real happy :D and Caroline looks really pretty

when i look at the pictures in posting # 121, he is not an overweight man and re the alcohol, I can not imagine caroline suffering a man who drinks too much (every day), she is too perfectionistic for that. Perhaps he was one of the few to whom this happened through no particular fault of his own.

maryshawn said:
I feel so badly for Caroline and her children and Ernst' children. Yes, hopefully, this is a "wake up" call for Ernst. Acute pancreatitis is nothing to play around with. Ernst' doctor at the time (interview in "Vanity Fair" in 2001, I believe) seemed rather flippant about his patient's love of rich foods and alcohol saying "it is only a problem if the patient drinks more than his doctor--and he doesn't." Suffice to say, having lived through this with a family member, he is going to have to adhere to a very strict diet: no rich food, no alcohol, no cigarettes. The pancreas is a very tricky organ and, once badly damaged, it is difficult to treat. It also makes the chances of developing pancreatic cancer--one of the deadliest you can get--appreciably higher. Ernst has a lot to live for and, based on what is being reported, if he follows medical advice, he will be fine. Again, hope the "wake up" call registered.

I dont know if this question is for this group but I know that one of EA´s brothers comitted suiside with his wife. Does anyone know anything of this and why it happened?

Whoa with his wife? i always thought it was by himself... :( i think it was depression...but from what i'm not sure...

betina said:
one of EA´s brothers comitted suiside with his wife. Does anyone know anything of this and why it happened?
I think if you look else-where in the threads on this MB you might find the exact reasons .... as far as I can recall EA's brother was a cocaine addict, as well as his wife?

Hanover Family Tragedy

Prince Ernst August's younger brother Prince Ludwig Rudolph was born in 1955.

In 1987 he married Countess Isabelle von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli.

On 28 November 1988 Isabelle died of a heart and lung edema caused by a cocaine overdose. Ludwig Rudolph phoned Ernst August in London telling him of his wife's death, then drove to the family's hunting lodge. He was found slumped in his car with the muzzle of a hunting rifle still in his mouth.

At the time the media referred to them as members of the "Euro-trash drug set."

They left behind a young son, 9 months old HRH Prince Otto of Hanover. An Austrian court in 1990 granted custody to his maternal grandparents the Count and Countess von T und V-C-V. The Count died in 1996, so the Countess, born Princess Marie of Auersperg, is bringing up Otto.

Photos of Prince Otto are rare, and I don't know if he has contact with his Hanover relatives.

Thanks for the info Warren.
This is very sad,my condolences are with Hannover family.

Does some1 on the Hannover family think (before Ludwing died) put him in a Hospital??

That´s horrible!!! And he killed himself and left a baby behind! Let´s hope that Otto is a very nice and kindfull kid with no problems...

I'm shocked with this!! That's horrible.
About the pics, Ernst looks so thin and old, don't you think?
Well, I'm glad he's doing fine.
This forum is so great!!! Hope you all can understand my poor english!!!

LuBi.JPG

Ludwid Von Hanover

I was just looking on the website for the British newspaper the Daily Mail and I found that on the site there are conflicting reports about what happened to Caroline when she tore her knee ligaments whilst skiing in Zurs a few years ago. One article reports that a snow plough hit her from behind whilst the other article says that she was hit by a skiing lout. Links to both articles are below. In one of them it also says that a month after she married Prince Ernst August and was pregnant with ALexandra she witnessed and avalanche at Zurs and narrowly escaped it. Does anybody know anything about these reports? Thanks a million!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=23203&in_page_id=1770

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=22957&in_page_id=1770

Here's a new article from Hello about E-A

Prince Ernst of Hanover has vowed to change his lifestyle after severe pancreatitis, which can be caused by heavy drinking, put him in intensive care in a Monaco hospital earlier this month.

Asked if his life had been in danger during the illness, which prevented him from attending the funeral of his father-in-law Prince Rainier, both Ernst and the doctor who was with him during the interview immediately answered, "Yes!" The prince went on to confess, "I don't want (to die) yet. My daughter is only five years old."

The 51-year-old royal, who is married to Rainier's elder daughter Princess Caroline, made the comments during a chat at the exclusive Austrian clinic where he is currently convalescing.

Admitting that he has a problem saying no when friends call him to go out drinking, Ernst says he now intends to learn how to keep to himself so that no-one will call him any more. He can thus avoid the temptation of alcohol.

"For 35 years, my lifestyle has been more than difficult," the father of three said during the interview. "But now things are going to be different. I must take it step by step."

I hope for his sake and that of his family's he can take it easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
budge9 said:
I was just looking on the website for the British newspaper the Daily Mail and I found that on the site there are conflicting reports about what happened to Caroline when she tore her knee ligaments whilst skiing in Zurs a few years ago. One article reports that a snow plough hit her from behind whilst the other article says that she was hit by a skiing lout. Links to both articles are below. In one of them it also says that a month after she married Prince Ernst August and was pregnant with ALexandra she witnessed and avalanche at Zurs and narrowly escaped it. Does anybody know anything about these reports? Thanks a million!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=23203&in_page_id=1770

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=22957&in_page_id=1770

Yeah I remember reading about them some years ago. In 2001 Caroline hurt her knee while skiing, she fell on the snow or something and they rushed her on a helicopter to a hospital. She attended some functions in March that year using a walking cane.

Then the avalanche what I read said that an avalanche hit Zurs and they were trapped in Zurs. But I never read anything about her witnessing it.

Is saw on German television a short interview with Ernst August! It is nice to see him training again. He want's to have a better life now.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom