The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Royal Highness

Hello article

There's article in "Hello" - "Princess Caroline and friends dance to Nijinsky's tune"

link;http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ncesscaroline/

Old 12-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

the other night I was visiting one of my friends and I was reading her "Star" magazine one article was dedicated to the "best" and "worst" bikini bodies... and Princess Caroline was the ONLY royal in there and they had her labeled "Worst Royal Body" I got a little aggrevated because they were comparing her to Cameron Diaz and Lindsay Lohan and people like that...

Old 12-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
the other night I was visiting one of my friends and I was reading her "Star" magazine one article was dedicated to the "best" and "worst" bikini bodies... and Princess Caroline was the ONLY royal in there and they had her labeled "Worst Royal Body" I got a little aggrevated because they were comparing her to Cameron Diaz and Lindsay Lohan and people like that...
What do the people of Star magazine know?

I personally think Princess Caroline looks pretty darn good for a woman in her late forties who has given birth to 4 children -- only only four or five years ago. I saw pictures of her in a bikini earlier this summer and thought she looked good.

Lindsay Lohan is a nubile 19/20 year old girl -- a hard comparison to a woman who could be her mother.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if Prince Ernst August's house on the beach in Kenya was affected by the devastating tsunami of the other day ?

Actually, I learned that one definition of tsunami is "wave train" ... which to me as an engineer is slightly more horrifying than one wave.

I gather that the wave had a speed of 800 km per hour - that's fast ... almost the speed of modern jet planes ??!!
Old 12-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp
I wonder if Prince Ernst August's house on the beach in Kenya was affected by the devastating tsunami of the other day ?

Actually, I learned that one definition of tsunami is "wave train" ... which to me as an engineer is slightly more horrifying than one wave.

I gather that the wave had a speed of 800 km per hour - that's fast ... almost the speed of modern jet planes ??!!
I think that in Kenya weren't any material demages nor any life was lost. The most devasted are coastal areas of Thailand, India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka.
Photos and video tapes of that areas are so shocking..
Old 12-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
I think that in Kenya weren't any material demages nor any life was lost. The most devasted are coastal areas of Thailand, India, Indonesia, and Thailand.
Somalia also got "whacked".
Old 12-29-2004, 03:30 AM
Serene Highness

... and Sri Lanka...
Old 01-08-2005, 02:53 AM
Royal Highness

Any idea/news of where the lovely family is spending their winter holidays?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

well.... i am happy to say that Ernst's little cousin has now taken over the family duty of causing uproars!!! After Ernst's Nazi salute in Germany Harry has now dressed the part... muahahahaha I don't believe any of those British Royal fans who comment on Ernst can say anything anymore... muahahahaha
Old 01-18-2005, 01:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
Ernst's little cousin has now taken over the family duty of causing uproars!!! After Ernst's Nazi salute in Germany Harry has now dressed the part
Caroline (and for that matter EA) must be breathing a huge sigh of relief.

BTW ..... hoping there wasn't any egging on between cousins?
Old 01-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Nobility

Man....i think that this year, EA and Caroline will divorce.....I just have this feeling that´s not working anymore....but...you know...that´s just a guess...
Old 01-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Serene Highness

yeah, i have to disagree... because they just bought lagerfeld's house in may or june together.. but who knows!
Old 01-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
I think that in Kenya weren't any material demages nor any life was lost. The most devasted are coastal areas of Thailand, India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka.
The Finnish media reported that one person died on the coast of Kenya because of the tsunami wave.

I was lucky not to lose any loved ones in the natural disaster, but a boy who lives next to a friend of mine lost his entire family. I was also saddened to learn that this extremely kind man who I used to work with lost his brother, his brother's wife and two children of 4 and 7. Nearly 200 Finns were killed in the Phuket - Khao Lak area of Thailand...:(
Old 01-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Tomorrow will be Princess Caroline's 48th birthday and is also her Wedding Anniversary.I wish best wishes and happiness to her.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 01-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Serene Highness

Right after Alexandria's birth, I read an article about Ernst and Caroline where a friend of Caroline's said "who knows why she chose him? She is so intense in the way in which she goes after what she wants, she frightens me." So I am relatively new to the thread but a long-time follower of the Monaco Royal Family, what DO Ernst and Caroline see in one another? I understand her title was elevated and he is very rich but she was wealthy enough......in the article, Ernst' own doctor says he is an alcoholic--OK, he skates around the issue a bit saying "well, my definition of an alcoholic is one who drinks more than his doctor....." but he confirms Ernst drinks heavily and was even taking time at a spa to recuperate. This was also the article talking about some recessive gene which causes madness--and how that might explain some of Ernst' behavior. It was entitled "The Princess and the Pee" (referring to the infamous incident some years ago now) in Vanity Fair. So, Caroline now has a husband who drinks heavily, seems to lack good judgement, may carry a recessive gene leading to insanity (which can be passed onto their children), and in general seems to be a bully when he needs/wants to be. The article mentioned Caroline looked very stressed herself while with her husband at the spa. Yet, in this thread, they look very good together--happy much of the time......I don't know if Caroline will want a split. I don't know much more about Ernst but I can't see him leaving Caroline. I just don't understand what led to this "love match" in the first place and what she sees in him. Any thoughts? Could it be they are truly happy together and good friends and partners?
Old 01-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Heir Apparent

i can't see them separating...maybe they don't have a romantic relationship but i think they will remain together to avoid being lonely for the rest of their life...and i was just curious, how was Caroline's title elevated? She was a PRincess before she was married...is the Hannover title more 'higher' than that of Monaco's?
Old 01-22-2005, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

her title was elevated because she is now a member of a royal house not a principality... she was before HER SERINE HIGHNESS and now she is HER ROYAL HIGNESS
Old 01-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Happy birthday Princess Caroline! Lots of love, hapinness, joy..and happy Wedding Anniversery..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Little Caroline at Palace gardens.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	83398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Caro_17.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	83400   Click image for larger version

Name:	78.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	83401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Caro_80s.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	83402  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Caro_90.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	83403   Click image for larger version

Name:	Caro with flowers.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	83404  
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Yes, and not just ROYAL HIGHNESS, but she is now the consort of the Head of the Royal House of Hanover, Ernest August being the de jure King of Hanover, so her ranking in the scheme of things is even more elevated.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the pictures Ianna! :)

In the (fourth) picture of young Caroline in the pageboy cap, it is quite apparent the resemblance between her and her daughter Charlotte.

Closed Thread