The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

BERLIN, GERMANY: Princess Caroline of Monaco and her husband German Prince Ernst August of Hanover arrive to a state banquet with German President Horst Koehler and Britain's Queen Elizabeth II at the Zeughaus Palace, 02 November 2004 in Berlin. The queen is on a three-day state visit to Germany. AFP PHOTO DDP/MICHAEL KAPPELER GERMANY OUT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	53222   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	53223   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	53224  

Old 11-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

As usual, Princess Caroline looks beautiful. She certainly looks good for having just returned from the long flight from the Phillippines!

Old 11-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Caroline always looks very graceful. This is something that she definitely inherited from her mother. Princess Grace always exuded class and grace.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Gentry

Talking

This is the 3rd times princess caroline wears this dress! If I was rich as much as she is I would buy a new dress. And come on three times and the dress is noy that great . It looks like a bag with a string. i think Caroline could have chosen something better to wear. Or she does not care ? This is even worse. Come on the Queen and the German President are going to be there!!
She did not have time? Ye, only that such kind of parties and visits are planned way ahead at least 4 months.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Why Caroline and Ernst attend the State Banquet?The State Banquet is the party of German President for Queen Elizabeth II ,why did they attend?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some more pics...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10454901.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	53233   Click image for larger version

Name:	is_10454902.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	53234  
Old 11-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Caroline curtsey to The Queen.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektraking
This is the 3rd times princess caroline wears this dress! If I was rich as much as she is I would buy a new dress. And come on three times and the dress is noy that great . It looks like a bag with a string. i think Caroline could have chosen something better to wear. Or she does not care ? This is even worse. Come on the Queen and the German President are going to be there!!
She did not have time? Ye, only that such kind of parties and visits are planned way ahead at least 4 months.
I think her dress looks fine, personally I think she looks radiant. After all, she did great charity work in Phillipines.
Well, she is rich, to be sure, but she is not flaunting it in front of everybody. Thank the lord, four months ago, she was more concerned about her visit to Phillipines to visit homeless people rather than deciding her wardrobe for a gala (where one wears all the jewelry one has without keeling over). I think its a very smart move on her part to show that she is not a "style" princess rather a woman of substance.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

Those last pictures of the Princess Grace awards are from 2002 I think....
I wonder why they attened the State Banquet... maybe Lilabet wanted to see her loving cousin... he he..
Old 11-03-2004, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
Those last pictures of the Princess Grace awards are from 2002 I think....
I wonder why they attened the State Banquet... maybe Lilabet wanted to see her loving cousin... he he..
Great Catch, Kittencrews, I went back and checked the date and lo and behold it was 2002. I don't understand the photoagency people, they should put the latest pics first.
Sorry about date mixup...:)
Old 11-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Caroline wore that dress for the first time in the Princess Grace Foundation Awards in 2000, then in the pre-wedding party for Maxima and William Of Orange.

Although I'm not sure if she wore this same dress before 2000 which is when I first saw it, on MND 1998's Opera Gala.

Anyway I think it's great that Princess Caroline recycles her clothes because she knows how to make the most of them, and like someone said here, she's one of the world's most stylish princesses of all time, but she also cares for the needed!

I think this is the first time we see a pic of Caroline with the Queen and Prince Phillip.
Old 11-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

Ha ha in the article that cut out of Ernst makes his head look lopsided... ha ha
Old 11-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

This is a little old but I though it was interesting... http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...y_041006163051
Old 11-04-2004, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Interesting...now I wonder if little Alexandra will actually get that money (since the photos were technically taken of her) or if her parents will keep it for themselves.

I'm sure in the end it really doesn't matter, as Alexandra will receive a full trust fund, but still the idea behind it...
Old 11-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

Here's a new article...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists...345307,00.html
Old 11-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

aww Ernst...
Old 11-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Did Princess Caroline attend Princess Di's funeral?!

Hey I was just wondering if Princess Caroline attended Princess Diana's funeral? I have seen photos of them together from Charles and Diana's visit to Monaco and I understand that Diana went to Princess Grace's funeral because they got on and liked eachother. Does anybody know if anyone from Monaco attended. I would be especially interested to see any photos that anybody has of any of the Monaco royals attending the funeral. Thanks a million!
Old 11-29-2004, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

Here is an interesting article Dennism sent to me earlier... enjoy!!!!

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1367512004

My dear Ernst is at it again!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Caricature of Princess Caroline of Monaco
Attached Images
File Type: gif caroline.gif (17.8 KB, 200 views)