The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Gentry

Official Palace Communique regarding Prince Ernst-August

S.A.R. le Prince Ernst-August de Hanovre a été hospitalisé le 5 avril 2005 en début de matinée dans le service de réanimation du Centre Hospitalier Princesse Grace pour une affection pancréatique aiguë.

Des examens biologiques, radiologiques ainsi qu'un scanner ont été pratiqués pour préciser le degré de cette affection.

Le Prince est sous surveillance continue ; son état de santé est sérieux et nécessite une prise en charge médicale permanente.

Un nouveau bulletin sera publié ultérieurement.

HRH Prince Ernst-August of Hanover was hospitalized on April 5, 2005 in the early morning in the intensive care unit of the Hospital complex Princess Grace for an acute pancreatic affection. Biological and radiological examinations as well as a scan were performed to specify the degree of this condition. The Prince is under continuous monitoring; the state of his health is serious and requires a permanent medical assumption of responsibility. A new bulletin will be published later on.

Old 04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Commoner

The Article on Ernst-August from the French newspaper Liberation
http://www.liberation.fr/page.php?Article=288347

According to that article he's been in a deep coma («dans un coma profond») since Tuesday.

Old 04-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Royal Highness

My gosh. My gosh. I hope and pray that there will not be another tragedy for Caroline and her family. This is too much. Prayers all around.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Nobility

I just heard that EA is in a coma!! Wish the best for him and my love to Caroline! First, she loses her dad...and now, her husband is in a coma! God Bless her and EA!
Old 04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've always thought that the fact that we don't see a lot of pics of Caroline and Stephanie together doesn't mean at all that they are disunited family, like Michelle said they might have different choices and points of view but I'm sure that they all have a strong love and care for each other.

My prayers to the family in this hard moments.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

I think Ernst may have gotten pancreatic cancer from his drinking. Too much alcohol can lead to liver and pancreatic cancer and other troubles in that region. Yes indeed pancreatic cancer is very bad and dangerous because it quickly spreads to other regions such as the stomach, liver, ect. I can only hope for Caroline's sake that Ernst's cancer was caught in time.

My condolences really do go out to Caroline. She lost her mother and Stefano tragically. And now she has lost her beloved father Rainier. And now Ernst is battling pancreatic cancer. This is really god awful. As I stated I hope that the Ernst's cancer was caught early and can be cured. I hope all of Caroline's children are really helping to support her during this trying time. My prayers go out to all of them.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

The information that this is a case of cancer is not confirmed.
It is better to rely on what is officially published by the palace. Nobody there has spoken about cancer.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:40 PM
Courtier

This is simply terrible news! Is this to do with the so-called 'Grimaldi curse'? No, seriously, when and how has that legend begun?

I hope that Caroline gets the support she needs from everyone close to her and my condolences and sympathies to her and her family.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I read CNN news about Princess Caroline's husband had illness im not sure what is! if you would show that articles about that!

if you go cnn.com see world for Princess Caroline check-out! about that and also her dad!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

Michelle I realize that the word cancer has not been officially spoken. That is why I also stated that drinking can lead to pancreatic cancer and other troubles. Having pancreatic problems are serious even when it's not cancer because doctors can only do so much for that organ. I was just offering my opinions on the situation and my best wishes as usual. Whatever Ernst's problems are with his pancreas. I hope he will recover because I don't want Caroline to lose her father and husband. Again my prayers are with Caroline and her family.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Gentry

This is such shocking news. Caroline's father just died and now her husband is in a bad condition. Caroline has had such a tough life, as have her children not having a father. She is a strong woman but this is too much. I'm not a christian but still I really pray for her and her husband that everything will turn out well. I wish them all the strength in the world...
Old 04-08-2005, 03:27 PM
Gentry

What I also wanted to say is that my aunt, who is now in her early forties, has had pancreatic cancer about 4 of 5 years ago. Her situation was critical and dangerous, but she has survived the disease! She gets regular check-ups to see if there aren't any spreads of the disease. But she is declared cured. So it isn't as if there isn't any hope if it turns out he has this disease, although it's danger can't be underestimated ofcourse...
Old 04-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Whoa, that is good to know--I thought it was always fatal.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Aristocracy

As with anything there is always a chance for recovery. So hopefully Ernst will make a full recovery with treatment. Hopefully this one thing will turn out right for Caroline. It's in God's hands.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Ooops! This thread has gone beyond 10 pages! So, I will close this thread but open a new one immediately for all news on Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August. Here is the link to the new thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5598