The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:42 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:42 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-montecarlo@Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:35 am
Thank you, Kittencrews&#33; Why does Caroline tolerate this type of behavior? It&#39;s so immature&#33;&#33;&#33;

http://194.68.33.51/fotoweb/bin/preview.dl...DEEB646D2135F1B
Well i gues that the only reason that Caroline is tolerating his behavior is that he has a titel he is in line to the british crown,he has a lot of money and he is the last farther of her children.
Who olde is he by the way ? 6 or ????? :P :P [/b][/quote]
Technically, he isn&#39;t in line to the British throne, I think. But he should be king now anyway.

Old 02-07-2004, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, after his marriage to Caroline he was taken out of the British line... but yes, you are right Dennis... he should be king&#33;

Now I&#39;m not saying what Ernst does is right, but we have to think if we were in his shoes and had paparazzi ALWAYS following us we were get a little irrated also... after the EXPO 2000 he hasn&#39;t been too friendly with the paparazzi, and I don&#39;t blame him

Old 02-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by kittencrews@Feb 7th, 2004 - 1:28 pm
Yeah, after his marriage to Caroline he was taken out of the British line... but yes, you are right Dennis... he should be king&#33;&nbsp;

Now I&#39;m not saying what Ernst does is right, but we have to think if we were in his shoes and had paparazzi ALWAYS following us we were get a little irrated also... after the EXPO 2000 he hasn&#39;t been too friendly with the paparazzi, and I don&#39;t blame him
Well i realy don´t care. It is not wery polite to giv the finger like EA is doing.
That is one of thoes thing my mother had taught me in my early chiledhood or maby thoes basic roules are not valid for a person like him ?
I realy don´t know but i think it is wery childish for a grown man to do in a age of

Old 02-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, H.M. Margrethe. While it certainly wouldn&#39;t be fun or pleasant to constantly have the paparazzi follow you everywhere, it certainly isn&#39;t polite of Prince Ernst to be giving them the finger or attacking them as he has in the past.

While members of the paparazzi are no angels and from what I&#39;ve seen, not exactly polite or well-behaved either, that is no reason for anyone, Prince Ernst or otherwise, to be giving them the finger or punching them or any such behaviour.

Lots of other royals and celebrities are hounded by the press and not all of them are rude in return. Behaviour like Ernst&#39;s and some celebrities (like Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn) towards the public cannot be condoned.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I totally agree, I don&#39;t think Ernst should attack photographers or give them the finger or anything. But at the same time I&#39;m not going to hound him for doing that because I haven&#39;t been in his shoes and lived with paparazzi and let&#39;s not forget the German tabloids writing stories and following their every move. But still I agree, Ernst needs to cool down a bit when it comes to the media&#33;
Old 02-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 7th, 2004 - 5:12 pm
I agree, H.M. Margrethe. While it certainly wouldn&#39;t be fun or pleasant to constantly have the paparazzi follow you everywhere, it certainly isn&#39;t polite of Prince Ernst to be giving them the finger or attacking them as he has in the past.

While members of the paparazzi are no angels and from what I&#39;ve seen, not exactly polite or well-behaved either, that is no reason for anyone, Prince Ernst or otherwise, to be giving them the finger or punching them or any such behaviour.

Lots of other royals and celebrities are hounded by the press and not all of them are rude in return. Behaviour like Ernst&#39;s and some celebrities (like Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn) towards the public cannot be condoned.
I agree. No more giving of the finger or attacking people.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with everything everyone is saying about Ernst's behavior... but I have to disagree with the statement about Caroline marrying him for the title... because the title didn't give her any more publicity (which she hates anyhow) she was better known... or more famous than Ernst to begin with! That's just my opinion.

could anyone PLEAAAAASE post the pictures of caroline skiing from TODAY because there are about 24 and I don't know how to work this apple computer and i can't see them... so if you could please post them i would very much appreciate it!!

I guess I should add I am talking about the pictures on brainpix.com
Old 02-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Nobility

Thank you Dennis&#33; It&#39;s a shame Andrea, Charlotte, and Pierre weren&#39;t there.
Old 02-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

He sure is a character... that&#39;s why I love him...

The annual UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors meeting at the UNESCO Headquarter is February 26-27, 2004. Caroline should be there... the 26th is Ernst&#39;s 50th birthday though :( hope she doesn&#39;t forget&#33;&#33;&#33; :P Also, I was on the UNESCO site and I was looking through all the Goodwill Ambassadors and Caroline wasn&#39;t listed I found that strange. Oh well...

I hope we get more pictures soon&#33;&#33;
Old 02-18-2004, 09:58 AM
Nobility

Remember tonight on A&E is the "Princesses of Monaco" biography .

www.aetv.com website refers to a recent article about their relationship in Vanity Fair - does anyone know about this article?
Old 02-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Serene Highness

Lady Jean... I have the article, it was pretty good.. It talked about how Caroline never liked her sister much because she thought their mother let her get away with too much. Also that Stephanie was very jealous of Caroline and it said something about Caroline and Phillipe would be all over each other and Stephanie did not hide her jealousy&#33;&#33; It also said that one year Caroline said she would not attend one of the Balls (I forget which one) if Stepanie was there, this was after Stephanie&#39;s first marriage that Caroline HATED&#33; But Caroline did attend the ball but she sat at the table with Karl Lagerfeld smoking cigarettes all night and didn&#39;t open the first dance for the first time since anyone could remember&#33;&#33; It was a really good article.

Just a few more hours and the biography comes on YEA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Old 02-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Thanks Kittencrews, I hope the show is up-to-date and includes your favorite royal bad boy. :P
Old 02-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Is this coming on in the US on A&E?
Old 02-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Lady Jean I hope it is too&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Yes, in the US at A&E tonight&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; YEA
Old 02-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

Lady Jean... my favorite royal bad boy was on for a little bit... *sigh*
Old 02-19-2004, 05:28 PM
Serene Highness

They both really need to stop the smoking--very unattractive and it ages your skin&#33;
Old 02-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Caroline has been smoking since she was a teenager.

But I agree. Smoking is very hazzardous to your health and looks. I wish Caroline would stop smoking. I fear for her health. Lung cancer or any kind of cancer is a bad way to die.

But thanks for the links to the pix&#33;
Old 02-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Royal Highness

They both aren&#39;t looking so well.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisa@Feb 20th, 2004 - 5:07 am
They both aren&#39;t looking so well.
It&#39;s most likely from the chain smoking. They are getting along in years and really can&#39;t keep that kind of pace of smoking (and drinking). Even if they don&#39;t quit completely, I think that it would benefit them both to decrease the intake of the cigarettes, especially.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:39 pm

I tink that the reason ther are no pictures of Ernest are skiing is that he has to much alkohol in his body and that it woud be to embarrassing for princesse Caroline to see.
It might be embarassing, but if his drinking is that severe at times, than I am happy that he doesn&#39;t ski very often. He could have a very bad accident. I am perfectly content to see pictures of him alive and well and not skiing. :)