Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 3 : Nov.2003 - Apr.2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow she looks exactly like Charlotte in the first pic Julia posted in this page! Or Charlotte looks exactly like her, whatever.

LOL.. I completely agree mate.. Charlotte is the only child of Caroline's who is the spitting image of her in looks and physicality.. Caroline and Charlotte are dead ringers and so pretty.. :)

Peyton

here's another double pix posted by Ms Julia in the second charlotte thread..

Attachments

• CaroChar.jpg
    CaroChar.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 170
Totally agree with you Machievelli :woot: They look identical most of the times. I remember that several years ago OH LA! had an article that tried to compare Charlotte with Princess Caroline and Princess Grace using photographs and it was seen that Charlotte inherited most of her looks from her mom.

Family vacation 2004

sorry I had to crop some of the picture to make them fit

courtesy of FashionistCharlotteCasiraghi yahoo group

Attachments

• kenya.JPG
    kenya.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 416
This is an oldie but Caroline and Ernst sharing a big laugh at the 1998 Red Cross Gala.

Attachments

• CarolineErn.jpg
    CarolineErn.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 280
  • CarolineErn.jpg
    CarolineErn.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 270
Originally posted by kittencrews@Jan 14th, 2004 - 12:20 am
Family vacation 2004

sorry I had to crop some of the picture to make them fit

courtesy of FashionistCharlotteCasiraghi yahoo group
Does anyone know if Andrea was with them on holiday in Kenya?

I'm not sure, from the photos I'd say no, but there aren't many pictures... we'll have to see if more come out!

Caroline DANCING!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: I believe it's from 2001 NOT NEW

It's also being posted in the caption contest thread!

Attachments

• dancing.JPG
    dancing.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 252
Ha ha ha!!! What is she doing??? Now I know why she sued the German media! This is one of the most unflattering pictures of her.

I love this picture... everytime I look at it I laugh. Too bad we can't see Andrea's facial expression and too bad Ernst isn't in the picture... I bet he is dancing right along with her!

LOL.. Caroline looks like she is squatting and doing some time of dance.. I know she loves ballet, but that move aint ballet.. :lol:

It's a funny pic alright and I bet they had a good laugh.. :)

OMG :lol: LOL :lol: Great pic Kittencrews! I've had the laugh of my lifetime!!! Maybe Caroline is dancing to some 60s or 70s song lol :innocent:

LOL Funny pic! Looks like she's dancing and Andrea is like "No, please no! Stop it, mom!" :p

That is a really funny pic :lol: , but are u guys sure caroline is dancing? Maybe she was just caught in some wierd pose? :huh: :lol:

47!!!!!!!!

Anniversay!!!

Attachments

• birthday.JPG
    birthday.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 186
  • fifth.JPG
    fifth.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 234
This is some sad news from Yahoo! News about the death of Helmut Newton who photographed Princess Caroline and recently Prince Albert.

Here's the article:

Photographer Helmut Newton Killed in Crash
By ANTHONY BREZNICAN, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES - Acclaimed fashion photographer Helmut Newton died Friday after his car sped out of control from the driveway of the famed Chateau Marmont hotel and crashed into a wall, police said. He was 83.

Newton, whose work appeared in magazines such as Playboy, Elle and Vogue, was best known for his stark, black-and-white nude photos of women.

Newton apparently lost control of his Cadillac while leaving the Hollywood hotel, said Officer April Harding, a police spokeswoman. It was unclear whether he became ill while driving.

People were on the sidewalk in front of the driveway, and the car brushed a photographer heading into the hotel before crashing into the wall.

Newton was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, where he died a short time later, Harding said.

Newton was a trailblazer in the fashion photography world, exploring power, gender roles and an icy sexuality in his pictures.

His trademark "Big Nudes" series featured larger-than-life, black-and-white images of women that portray them as dominating the camera rather than as subjects.

Among the beautiful and powerful people Newton has photographed were Paloma Picasso, Pierre Cardin, Naomi Campbell, Jean-Marie Le Pen and Claudia Schiffer.

While Newton also photographed clothed celebrities and nature scenes, he favored photographing women, usually while they wore little more than high heels.

"He was a giant," said Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. "He was a major talent that pushed the boundaries in terms of photography and influenced many, many other photographers in following generations."

The German-born photographer said in his 2002 autobiography that when he was 15, he told his father he wanted to be a photographer. The Berlin factory owner told him, "My boy, you'll end up in the gutter. All you think of is girls and photos."

Newton, who was Jewish, fled his homeland for Singapore in December 1938, a month after Nazi-led persecution programs began. He eventually settled in Australia and became a citizen, opening a small photography studio and changing his last name to Newton from Neustaedter.

He later took up residence in Monte Carlo, overlooking the Mediterranean — a frequent backdrop for his nude images.

In the prologue to his autobiography, he said his fascination with women dated back to when he was a toddler and recalled seeing his nurse "getting ready to go out, and she is half-naked" in front of a mirror. He described it as a defining moment in his life.

In October, he donated more than 1,000 pictures to a new gallery in Berlin, saying he was proud his work would now be on display in his hometown.

Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder called Newton's decision a "sign of reconciliation."

"You can chase a man out of his home but you can't rip his home out of his soul," Schroeder said in a letter read at the news conference announcing the donation.

Newton's coldly erotic imagery often alarmed feminists as well as those with tamer sensibilities.

A hosiery ad he shot, featured on a giant billboard in Times Square for a time, was banned from the side of New York City buses in 1998 because it was deemed to be too racy. It showed a rear-end view of a woman lying face-down, wearing only a pair of stockings. A side view of her bare breast also was visible.

Newton is survived by his wife, June, who works under the name Alice Springs. She was also a favorite subject for the photographer. In one 1973 series of photos, she was portrayed as Hitler wearing a cropped mustache, with model Jerry Hall posing as Eva Braun. The Newtons had no children.

oh how sad... :cry:

IBL has added new pictures... well not NEW pictures, but different pictures

Originally posted by montecarlo@Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:35 am
Thank you, Kittencrews! Why does Caroline tolerate this type of behavior? It's so immature!!!

http://194.68.33.51/fotoweb/bin/preview.dl...DEEB646D2135F1B
Well i gues that the only reason that Caroline is tolerating his behavior is that he has a titel he is in line to the british crown,he has a lot of money and he is the last farther of her children.
Who olde is he by the way ? 6 or ????? :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not going to call him Prince Ernst anymore, he doesn't deserve to be called that. Anyway, he was born February 26, 1954.

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:42 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:42 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-montecarlo@Feb 7th, 2004 - 11:35 am
Thank you, Kittencrews! Why does Caroline tolerate this type of behavior? It's so immature!!!

http://194.68.33.51/fotoweb/bin/preview.dl...DEEB646D2135F1B
Well i gues that the only reason that Caroline is tolerating his behavior is that he has a titel he is in line to the british crown,he has a lot of money and he is the last farther of her children.
Who olde is he by the way ? 6 or ????? :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Technically, he isn't in line to the British throne, I think. But he should be king now anyway.

Yeah, after his marriage to Caroline he was taken out of the British line... but yes, you are right Dennis... he should be king!

Now I'm not saying what Ernst does is right, but we have to think if we were in his shoes and had paparazzi ALWAYS following us we were get a little irrated also... after the EXPO 2000 he hasn't been too friendly with the paparazzi, and I don't blame him

Originally posted by kittencrews@Feb 7th, 2004 - 1:28 pm
Yeah, after his marriage to Caroline he was taken out of the British line... but yes, you are right Dennis... he should be king! 

Now I'm not saying what Ernst does is right, but we have to think if we were in his shoes and had paparazzi ALWAYS following us we were get a little irrated also... after the EXPO 2000 he hasn't been too friendly with the paparazzi, and I don't blame him
Well i realy don´t care. It is not wery polite to giv the finger like EA is doing.
That is one of thoes thing my mother had taught me in my early chiledhood or maby thoes basic roules are not valid for a person like him ?
I realy don´t know but i think it is wery childish for a grown man to do in a age of

I agree, H.M. Margrethe. While it certainly wouldn't be fun or pleasant to constantly have the paparazzi follow you everywhere, it certainly isn't polite of Prince Ernst to be giving them the finger or attacking them as he has in the past.

While members of the paparazzi are no angels and from what I've seen, not exactly polite or well-behaved either, that is no reason for anyone, Prince Ernst or otherwise, to be giving them the finger or punching them or any such behaviour.

Lots of other royals and celebrities are hounded by the press and not all of them are rude in return. Behaviour like Ernst's and some celebrities (like Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn) towards the public cannot be condoned.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree, I don't think Ernst should attack photographers or give them the finger or anything. But at the same time I'm not going to hound him for doing that because I haven't been in his shoes and lived with paparazzi and let's not forget the German tabloids writing stories and following their every move. But still I agree, Ernst needs to cool down a bit when it comes to the media!

Originally posted by Alexandria@Feb 7th, 2004 - 5:12 pm
I agree, H.M. Margrethe. While it certainly wouldn't be fun or pleasant to constantly have the paparazzi follow you everywhere, it certainly isn't polite of Prince Ernst to be giving them the finger or attacking them as he has in the past.

While members of the paparazzi are no angels and from what I've seen, not exactly polite or well-behaved either, that is no reason for anyone, Prince Ernst or otherwise, to be giving them the finger or punching them or any such behaviour.

Lots of other royals and celebrities are hounded by the press and not all of them are rude in return. Behaviour like Ernst's and some celebrities (like Alec Baldwin and Sean Penn) towards the public cannot be condoned.
I agree. No more giving of the finger or attacking people.

I agree with everything everyone is saying about Ernst's behavior... but I have to disagree with the statement about Caroline marrying him for the title... because the title didn't give her any more publicity (which she hates anyhow) she was better known... or more famous than Ernst to begin with! That's just my opinion.

could anyone PLEAAAAASE post the pictures of caroline skiing from TODAY because there are about 24 and I don't know how to work this apple computer and i can't see them... :cry: so if you could please post them i would very much appreciate it!! :heart:

I guess I should add I am talking about the pictures on brainpix.com

He sure is a character... that's why I love him...

The annual UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors meeting at the UNESCO Headquarter is February 26-27, 2004. Caroline should be there... the 26th is Ernst's 50th birthday though :( hope she doesn't forget!!! :p Also, I was on the UNESCO site and I was looking through all the Goodwill Ambassadors and Caroline wasn't listed I found that strange. Oh well...

I hope we get more pictures soon!!

Remember tonight on A&E is the "Princesses of Monaco" biography .

www.aetv.com website refers to a recent article about their relationship in Vanity Fair - does anyone know about this article?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom