Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 14 : Jan.2007 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 14 of the thread to discuss the current events of Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst-August. You can find the old thread here Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events Part 13 .

Please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • This thread is for current events only
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
Happy posting!

HRH Princess Caroline of Hanover will be attending the First Part of the 2007 Ordinary Session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe to be held in Strasbourg between the 22nd and 26th January 2007.

http://www.di-ve.com/dive/portal/portal.jhtml?id=265701&pid=1

For more informations, click here.

Her statement will be made tomorrow at 10 am, on her 50th birthday!!!! Have a look.

Edit: okay it seems the video is prerecorded, it will be available tomorrow at 12 am.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this information! That would be great speech, I'm sure! :)

Pics 23.01.2007

Princess Caroline of Hanover, the president of the World Association of Children's Friends, attends the parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg 23 January 2007. AFP PHOTO

Caroline 1
Caroline 2
Caroline 3
Caroline 4

Thanks for those pics, Ice!
He,he,he in the 4th she' wearing reading glasses, as I'm doing now. Besides their shapea are similar. And we have the same hairdo!

Anyway, Madame, why such austere, gloomy outfit? That's good for Aunt Tosca, not for you. ;-)

Beautiful, she looks great, I really like her hairstyle. More pics from Getty

Pic 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Some pics from Yahoo News:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

2 galleries from belga

1 2

Some from Polfoto

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

And some from terra

1 2 3 4 5

And here is the video, Link

And here is the official gallery with High Resolutions pictures, just click on the enlarge button, Link

I think that Princess Caroline will never cease to amaze us : that she chose to be present at the Council of Europe on her birthday. She is determined to show her true dedication to her cause, and to work on her birthday as any modern woman would do. It is as if she were trying to change the focus on her towards the world at large (and also to her family, since this is also Ernst's day, since it is their anniversary). In some pictures, she looks so serene, as if making her mark in the world was really what she was meant to do. Thirty years ago, in an interview, she said :"Why all the fuss ? I haven't done anything to deserve all this attention. Who will remember me in 50 years ?" Well, thirty years later, she is better known than ever, and will probably be increasingly so. She is the best well-rounded role model we can have.
Thanks to all for the pictures.

Bravo, Princess Caroline, and Happy Birthday !

She looks like a kid! Sounded like she had a cold or something though.

And yet more pictures from Isifa.
Princess Caroline looks very elegant, as usual. :)

I agree ilovesroyals.
I hope tonight she goes out and celebrates her birthday; she deserves it.

kaffir said:
She looks like a kid! Sounded like she had a cold or something though.
I think this is because years and years of smoking......:bang:

iloveroyals said:
I think that Princess Caroline will never cease to amaze us : that she chose to be present at the Council of Europe on her birthday. She is determined to show her true dedication to her cause, and to work on her birthday as any modern woman would do. It is as if she were trying to change the focus on her towards the world at large (and also to her family, since this is also Ernst's day, since it is their anniversary). In some pictures, she looks so serene, as if making her mark in the world was really what she was meant to do. Thirty years ago, in an interview, she said :"Why all the fuss ? I haven't done anything to deserve all this attention. Who will remember me in 50 years ?" Well, thirty years later, she is better known than ever, and will probably be increasingly so. She is the best well-rounded role model we can have.
Thanks to all for the pictures.

Bravo, Princess Caroline, and Happy Birthday !
She is wonderful, simple, nothing "flashing". Very plain dressing, simple hairdo, beige maquillage.
She really knows how to be for EVERY situation. This is the real class ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
She has always had that special touch, that special smile with children.

iloveroyals said:
I think that Princess Caroline will never cease to amaze us : that she chose to be present at the Council of Europe on her birthday. She is determined to show her true dedication to her cause, and to work on her birthday as any modern woman would do. It is as if she were trying to change the focus on her towards the world at large

You have made great points here, iloveroyals!:flowers: Instead of speculations where she would spent her birthday, Psse Caroline chose to reverse the spotlight to the little ones. A little "sacrifice" on her birthday in order to raise public awareness on most important issues: children rights, their protection, development, growth. She's definately extraordinary role model!:)

Princess Caroline's speech can be found here (French version)

It speaks volume of what Princess Caroline is doing for the unprevilege children. She is giving her time (on her big 50th year) to promote the welfare of 'her children'. God Bless!!!

I think it's also very kind of her to include (in her speech) her deceased parents and especially her brother. Almost as if her birthday-Day grounded her even more in her family roots. She is the least narcissistic person in that sense: very family oriented, very world-wide oriented. And with young children, with that sober outfit and gereral appearance, it makes me think she would have made a great teacher or child psychologist (which she had studied for at the Sorbonne, I mean child psychology.)

I am a big fan of Princess Caroline's but she needs a more becoming hairstyle! She wears it so flat and it really does not do her justice. Maybe some lighter highlights too would give her a softer look. Hair died so dark at our age can look harsh and aging, she has such a pretty face but that hairstyle is so unflattering on her!

Thanks for all the pics I like her outfit she looks great

sherylal24 said:
I am a big fan of Princess Caroline's but she needs a more becoming hairstyle! She wears it so flat and it really does not do her justice. Maybe some lighter highlights too would give her a softer look. Hair died so dark at our age can look harsh and aging, she has such a pretty face but that hairstyle is so unflattering on her!

I do not like her hairdo either. I hope she is letting them grow again.
Now she has the same hairdo as Stephanie, both flat and shapeless, in this age it makes hjer look older. SAme for Stephanie, she is younger but she has full of wrinkless, so she looks also old......
Stephanie IMO looks older that Caroline

Her speech from yesterday, part 1:

Speech by H.R.H. Princess Caroline of Hanover, President of AMADE,
the World Association of Children’s Friends

Tuesday 23 January
Ladies and Gentlemen, when I received your invitation, as President of Amade, to attend this session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe with its focus on children, I was pleased to accept this opportunity to share in the work your Assembly is doing to improve children’s lives and defend their rights.
I thank you, Mr President, for your kind words. Amade was founded by my mother, Princess Grace, in 1963, to promote and protect children’s rights internationally. Princess Grace’s aim was to bring together well-meaning people on every continent to address this problem. But she knew that the contribution and support of the international institutions were indispensable.

This association I have presided over since 1993 develops and supports long- and short-term humanitarian programmes in the fields of education, health and nutrition in favour of those children in the world who suffer from poverty, exploitation, violence or war. Financing surgical operations in Asia or South Africa, bringing medical treatment to children suffering from genetic disorders in Niger, rebuilding schools after the tsunami disaster, the “Ecole à tous vents” literacy education programme for street children in Congo or Asia, support for HIV/AIDS orphans: these are some examples of the work we do. Convinced that speed and efficacy require the existence of sound partnerships, Amade relies on a network of local partners in Africa, South America, Asia and Europe, driven by the same purpose: to help children. It is these local contacts that constantly alert us to human rights violations, which unfortunately happen every day.

In spite of the immense task already accomplished by institutions and associations, it is up to us, the citizens of the 46 member states of the Council of Europe, to make our contribution and propose new courses of action.

In Monaco, my father, Prince Rainier III, and today my brother, have always wanted to invest in this cause and alert the international community. In 2004, my brother addressed the UN General Assembly in his capacity as crown prince and invited the international community to strengthen co-operation to ensure that cruelty to children does not go unpunished.

As soon as it joined the Council of Europe the Principality of Monaco wanted to take part in the Organisation’s work to protect our children. I personally had the honour and the pleasure in September 2005 in Monaco to attend a meeting of the Standing Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, which had a debate on violence and all forms of exploitation and abuse of children on its agenda.
It was on that occasion that it was decided to organise in Monaco in spring 2006 the conference to launch the Council of Europe’s three-year programme: Building a Europe for and with children. At this launch event your Deputy Secretary General, Ms Maud De Boer Buquicchio, developed the two proposed aims: to promote children’s rights and to eradicate violence against children. The work would hinge on four principles: protecting children; preventing violence; prosecuting those who perpetrated it; and involving children.

In spring 2006 we therefore parted company determined to pursue the aims we had set ourselves, and to drum up the technical and moral support needed to take effective action based on undeniable universal legal values.
Where has it led us?

We have each continued to work in our own way. The Council of Europe, in the Committee of Ministers and the Parliamentary Assembly, has continued its work in this field. On 22 May 2006 the Committee of Experts on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse started its work on drafting a convention on the protection of children against sexual exploitation and abuse, to be presented in 2007.

There is also the important role played by the Council of Europe’s Commissioner for Human Rights, Mr Thomas Hammarberg, who has made combating violence against children one of his priorities. Finally, the Parliamentary Assembly’s Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights has produced a report on child victims: stamping out all forms of violence, exploitation and abuse, together with a draft resolution and recommendation which were presented to us by its rapporteur, Mr Jean Charles Gardetto, whom I should like to thank.

Today a draft joint declaration on strengthening co-operation between the Council of Europe and Unicef has been signed.

Other institutions, such as the United Nations, focus on aid to children, including the prevention of violence. A special session on 11, 12 and 13 October 2006 revolved around the presentation of the remarkable report by Professor Pinero on violence against children. The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, WHO, Unesco, Interpol, the European Commission, as well as Unicef and governments at the national level are all pursuing similar aims.

Unfortunately violence is still a problem today, all over the world: it is the opposite of peace, the ideal to which I hope we all aspire. Henceforth the fight against violence is something that concerns us all, at every level. Whatever a country’s standard of living or its internal situation, improvements are always possible. We must try out new paths.

By way of an example, let me tell you about a positive experiment the Government of the Principality of Monaco has been conducting since 1998: the development of a mediation body in the Directorate of Health and Welfare. The experiment will probably be institutionalised. In fact the Commissioner for Human Rights encourages its generalisation in all the Council of Europe’s member states.
Furthermore, in its eagerness to invest in the Council of Europe’s programme, the Government has made a voluntary contribution, with the request that the funds concerned be allocated first and foremost to activities to protect children, by alerting them to the dangers of the Internet and the new information and communication technologies.

The aim of the “Crimes against children, crimes against humanity” project Amade initiated in 2002 was to have the most heinous crimes against children classified as crimes against humanity. Supported by my brother before the United Nations in 2002 and in 2004, this programme is guided by two principles: no statutory limitation on crimes against children and the universal prosecution of offenders. For a number of years now Amade has been trying to rally the international community around this theme.

However, the difficulties encountered in the development and implementation of a new legal instrument have led our association to continue its action at the regional level of the Council of Europe, and also at the national level, in collaboration with the Government of Monaco and the National Council. This has helped to pinpoint the different current trends in child protection, as guidance in strengthening children’s legal status.

Her speech from yesterday, part 2:

One such trend is civil protection. Take forced marriages, for example: the prosecution can now plead violence where there is no freely given consent. Then there is administrative protection, for example monitoring compulsory school attendance, for we know that truancy is a factor in detecting risk situations. There is also health and social protection, a genuine right to health for minors, and the fight against child labour. In some countries the ban on child labour concerns children under fourteen years of age; this is not enough. The limit should be raised to sixteen. And finally, there is criminal law protection, i.e. everything that affects children’s physical and sexual integrity. Where Monaco’s legal arsenal is concerned, I am pleased to say that a bill to strengthen measures to combat crimes against children, including some of the crimes listed by the Council of Europe’s group of experts, is to be tabled in Parliament in 2007.

In a few months’ time we will be halfway through our three-year programme. I see that the Council of Europe, with the co-operation of its competent bodies and services, has defined the content and form of an effective legal instrument. The drafting of the European convention on the protection of children against sexual exploitation has reached an advanced stage. Amade, whose role I have just described, will support this text.

Stamping out violence also means focusing on the interest of the child, a notion we find in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and in many countries’ domestic legislation. Could we not try to harmoniser the definition of the notion of the child’s best interest, thereby eliminating variations in its interpretation?
I share the Council of Europe’s determination to provide full and exhaustive legal cover and to harmonise criminal law and other relevant measures in its member states. The Council of Europe has a fundamental role to play but one it cannot accomplish alone. I wish you every success in your work, with the collaboration of the other international organisations, governments, national parliaments and experts, all driven by the same ideal, to present this draft convention this year.

In 2002, Amade sounded the alarm. We are in 2007 and the same urgency prevails: to defend the obvious, the right not to suffer, the right not to be sexually abused, the right not to be sold or exploited, not to be raped, kidnapped or mutilated, the right not to be neglected, then forgotten.

And here is a video about her appearance yesterday, including a little retrospective of her life. Click here or here

Last edited:
EU-FRANCE-COUNCIL-VERHOFSTADT-CAROLINE-HANOVER
President of the World Association of Children's Friends Princess Caroline of Hanover (R) as she receives flowers for her birthday from Prime Minister of Belgium Guy Verhofstadt during the signature ceremony against the violence for children in the Parliamentary Assembly of the council of Europe in Strasbourg 23 January 2007. AFP PHOTO FREDERICK FLORIN
http://photo.grazianeri.com/Common/PhotoDetailPage.aspx?msa=0&pid=7200259&slid=a63076f0-6960-4d6e-a5e9-61e46f589a99&slididx=3&lid=0&rstid=3fa9f093-de9f-44f7-9a75-e4838ae2dd2f&aid=1

http://photo.grazianeri.com/Common/PhotoDetailPage.aspx?msa=0&pid=7200261&slid=a63076f0-6960-4d6e-a5e9-61e46f589a99&slididx=2&lid=0&rstid=3fa9f093-de9f-44f7-9a75-e4838ae2dd2f&aid=1

Thanks for the video links! I don't think I've ever heard her speak before. Her voice isn't as I imagined for some reason.

Does anybody recognize the pen she is using ?

Some more great pics from Laif:

2 checking her notes
3 reading
4 correcting her speech?
6 great smile
7 her VIP ticket

A few more HQ pics, just click on the enlarge button to see them in High Resolution - Click here to see the gallery

Last edited:
I admired her my whole life even more so today Great speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom