The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Caroline looks beautiful in the last pics, I must say these last months she's been looking stunning in all of the pics This dress looks a bit similar to the white one she wore in 1975 for her official birthday pics.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:16 AM
Aristocracy

I agree, I think Princess Caroline looks fabulous! I love the dress and the color of it as well.

It would be nice to see her with new friends sometimes... Does she have any close female friends? How does Karl L. find time to do any designing?!!! Or does he just sign his name these days?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Princess Caroline looks beautiful in the last pics, I must say these last months she's been looking stunning in all of the pics This dress looks a bit similar to the white one she wore in 1975 for her official birthday pics.
It sure does. With a color more appropriate for her age now, a color by the way that Queen Rania favors. This midnight blue is very regal-looking and looks good on both.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lea
I agree, I think Princess Caroline looks fabulous! I love the dress and the color of it as well.

It would be nice to see her with new friends sometimes... Does she have any close female friends? How does Karl L. find time to do any designing?!!! Or does he just sign his name these days?
I agree. It would be nice to see her with old or new friends.That's something that really seems to be missing from her life (at least from the pictures we see). Even as a teenager or young woman, she never had a coterie of friends the way her daughter does. The closest to real friends seems to have been her cousin Grace Levine and later, Ines de la Fressange.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I agree. It would be nice to see her with old or new friends.That's something that really seems to be missing from her life (at least from the pictures we see). Even as a teenager or young woman, she never had a coterie of friends the way her daughter does. The closest to real friends seems to have been her cousin Grace Levine and later, Ines de la Fressange.
I read in a mag, dating back from the '70's she did have a coterie of friends named "La bande à Caroline".
Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Tosca, interesting, I never knew that. Who was in it ? I know she was friends with a Niarchos girl, attended her wedding along with Philippe (the young woman divorced shortly thereafter, and it was said that Caroline was upset about that), and also with a Poniatovski girl . Poniatovski was a minister (of the Interior ?) in France at the time. That's all I remember. She also went with an older crowd, where she joined them at clubs and parties, mostly married high society people. She was often photographed with a girl whose identity was never revealed but who seemed to be a fairly constant companion. But mostly, all these people remained anonymous.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Tosca, interesting, I never knew that. Who was in it ? I know she was friends with a Niarchos girl, attended her wedding along with Philippe (the young woman divorced shortly thereafter, and it was said that Caroline was upset about that), and also with a Poniatovski girl . Poniatovski was a minister (of the Interior ?) in France at the time. That's all I remember. She also went with an older crowd, where she joined them at clubs and parties, mostly married high society people. She was often photographed with a girl whose identity was never revealed but who seemed to be a fairly constant companion. But mostly, all these people remained anonymous.
Sorry Iloveroyals, but I can't recall, as it was a long time ago, and the mag didn't mention any of her friends. Anyway Poniatovski sounds familiar to me, as well as Niarchos.
Can you please post a photo of Caro with that mystery girl? May be this helps me to remember her name...
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
PRINCESS CAROLINE AND HUSBAND ERNT AUGUST OF HANOVER ATTEND A CONCERT BY MONACO PHILARMONIC ORCHESTRA FOR THE SALLE PLEYEL 150TH BIRTHDAY IN PARIS
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...2007/caro1.jpg

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures tbhrc. That blue is a good color for her, they look happy together, again.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Caro's dress for it's colour a bit difficult to wear, but with her tanned skintone it is perfect...they both looked nice together...wondering where did she have that sunbathing...
Old 06-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was friends with Maria Niarchos, back in the summer of 2000 they were photographed at the Deauville races. I also miss seeing pics of her with Carole Bouquet and Ines de la Fressange.

You're right about the color iloveroyals, she has always looked stunning in that color since the 70s.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

Thank´s Tbhrc
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Amazing accesories!
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/160...607n014vc2.jpg

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Sorry Iloveroyals, but I can't recall, as it was a long time ago, and the mag didn't mention any of her friends. Anyway Poniatovski sounds familiar to me, as well as Niarchos.
Can you please post a photo of Caro with that mystery girl? May be this helps me to remember her name...
I will when I get home from my vacation. Thanks for your interest !
Old 06-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Caro's dress for it's colour a bit difficult to wear, but with her tanned skintone it is perfect...they both looked nice together...wondering where did she have that sunbathing...
The only "problem" is that she is a bit too beige all over. I wish she had worn something on her face to lighten or brighten it up. But who am I to say, I know nothing about applying make-up artistically ...
Old 06-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The only "problem" is that she is a bit too beige all over. I wish she had worn something on her face to lighten or brighten it up. But who am I to say, I know nothing about applying make-up artistically ...
You are actually right about your assessment there. The make-up is very neutral, that the look does not seem appropriate with the dress and event. BTW, I am not in the make-up or beauty industry myself.

Since she chose to wear her hair casually, her face should have been more glamorously (different from overdone, btw) made-up to balance her over-all look.

I even think, with all due respect, that she looked haggard in this event. It's the ashen look that her make-up has accomplished. It wore her face down. It could have been greatly improved by a more flattering shade of lipstick.

I know Princess Caroline is more into looking natural, and excessive make-up will actually age a person especially when she has prominent wrinkles (which Caroline has). But she could have achieved a youthful look by choosing a softer, warmer shade of pink or rose.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thank you both Ianna and tbhrc for the latest pics, Caroline looked great at both, I love the colours she wore, especially the blue dress is great for summer times, it reminds so much of the fresh blue sea

Here's another pic of the event on 7 June with Karl:

Caroline and Karl
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Nobility

Karl and those damn gloves! But, I think it's cute that their fingers are intertwined. Real friends I guess...

Ani
Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Majesty

I have found 3 more pics:

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 15.6.2007

Thanks a lot for the additional pics, tbhrc!

Yesterday Caroline had an event, but the pics I've found so far are very small:

REMISE DES DIPLOMES POUR 25 ETUDIANTS DE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MONACO EN PRESENCE DE LA PRINCESSE CAROLINE A L'HOTEL DE PARIS
Caroline during the graduating of 25 students from the international High School in Monaco, 15 June, 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Old 06-16-2007, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Great pics, thanks Ice.

Here is a video of Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August attending the concert by the Monaco Philarmonic Orchestra. Just click on Juin 13, 2007 and then OPMC Paris. It also includes an interview of Caroline, perhaps someone could summarize what she said. Thanks.

Centre de Presse

Closed Thread