The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
Princess Caroline looks beautiful in the last pics, I must say these last months she's been looking stunning in all of the pics This dress looks a bit similar to the white one she wore in 1975 for her official birthday pics.
__________________

__________________
Monaco70s
  #142  
Old 06-14-2007, 07:16 AM
lea's Avatar
lea lea is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 247
I agree, I think Princess Caroline looks fabulous! I love the dress and the color of it as well.

It would be nice to see her with new friends sometimes... Does she have any close female friends? How does Karl L. find time to do any designing?!!! Or does he just sign his name these days?
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Princess Caroline looks beautiful in the last pics, I must say these last months she's been looking stunning in all of the pics This dress looks a bit similar to the white one she wore in 1975 for her official birthday pics.
It sure does. With a color more appropriate for her age now, a color by the way that Queen Rania favors. This midnight blue is very regal-looking and looks good on both.
__________________
  #144  
Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by lea
I agree, I think Princess Caroline looks fabulous! I love the dress and the color of it as well.

It would be nice to see her with new friends sometimes... Does she have any close female friends? How does Karl L. find time to do any designing?!!! Or does he just sign his name these days?
I agree. It would be nice to see her with old or new friends.That's something that really seems to be missing from her life (at least from the pictures we see). Even as a teenager or young woman, she never had a coterie of friends the way her daughter does. The closest to real friends seems to have been her cousin Grace Levine and later, Ines de la Fressange.
__________________
  #145  
Old 06-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I agree. It would be nice to see her with old or new friends.That's something that really seems to be missing from her life (at least from the pictures we see). Even as a teenager or young woman, she never had a coterie of friends the way her daughter does. The closest to real friends seems to have been her cousin Grace Levine and later, Ines de la Fressange.
I read in a mag, dating back from the '70's she did have a coterie of friends named "La bande à Caroline".
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #146  
Old 06-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Tosca, interesting, I never knew that. Who was in it ? I know she was friends with a Niarchos girl, attended her wedding along with Philippe (the young woman divorced shortly thereafter, and it was said that Caroline was upset about that), and also with a Poniatovski girl . Poniatovski was a minister (of the Interior ?) in France at the time. That's all I remember. She also went with an older crowd, where she joined them at clubs and parties, mostly married high society people. She was often photographed with a girl whose identity was never revealed but who seemed to be a fairly constant companion. But mostly, all these people remained anonymous.
__________________
  #147  
Old 06-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Tosca, interesting, I never knew that. Who was in it ? I know she was friends with a Niarchos girl, attended her wedding along with Philippe (the young woman divorced shortly thereafter, and it was said that Caroline was upset about that), and also with a Poniatovski girl . Poniatovski was a minister (of the Interior ?) in France at the time. That's all I remember. She also went with an older crowd, where she joined them at clubs and parties, mostly married high society people. She was often photographed with a girl whose identity was never revealed but who seemed to be a fairly constant companion. But mostly, all these people remained anonymous.
Sorry Iloveroyals, but I can't recall, as it was a long time ago, and the mag didn't mention any of her friends. Anyway Poniatovski sounds familiar to me, as well as Niarchos.
Can you please post a photo of Caro with that mystery girl? May be this helps me to remember her name...
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
  #148  
Old 06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Nawal's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: madrid, Spain
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
PRINCESS CAROLINE AND HUSBAND ERNT AUGUST OF HANOVER ATTEND A CONCERT BY MONACO PHILARMONIC ORCHESTRA FOR THE SALLE PLEYEL 150TH BIRTHDAY IN PARIS
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...2007/caro1.jpg
__________________
http://fcasasreales.ipbfree.com/

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
  #149  
Old 06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
Great pictures tbhrc. That blue is a good color for her, they look happy together, again.
__________________
  #150  
Old 06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
supernova's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: roma, Italy
Posts: 186
Caro's dress for it's colour a bit difficult to wear, but with her tanned skintone it is perfect...they both looked nice together...wondering where did she have that sunbathing...
__________________
  #151  
Old 06-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,443
She was friends with Maria Niarchos, back in the summer of 2000 they were photographed at the Deauville races. I also miss seeing pics of her with Carole Bouquet and Ines de la Fressange.

You're right about the color iloveroyals, she has always looked stunning in that color since the 70s.
__________________
Monaco70s
  #152  
Old 06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Nawal's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: madrid, Spain
Posts: 137
Thank´s Tbhrc
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Amazing accesories!
http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/160...607n014vc2.jpg

__________________
http://fcasasreales.ipbfree.com/

Spanish-speaking forum about royalty- Unete!
  #153  
Old 06-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
Sorry Iloveroyals, but I can't recall, as it was a long time ago, and the mag didn't mention any of her friends. Anyway Poniatovski sounds familiar to me, as well as Niarchos.
Can you please post a photo of Caro with that mystery girl? May be this helps me to remember her name...
I will when I get home from my vacation. Thanks for your interest !
__________________
  #154  
Old 06-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Caro's dress for it's colour a bit difficult to wear, but with her tanned skintone it is perfect...they both looked nice together...wondering where did she have that sunbathing...
The only "problem" is that she is a bit too beige all over. I wish she had worn something on her face to lighten or brighten it up. But who am I to say, I know nothing about applying make-up artistically ...
__________________
  #155  
Old 06-15-2007, 01:25 AM
rrinvan's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Costa Mesa, United States
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
The only "problem" is that she is a bit too beige all over. I wish she had worn something on her face to lighten or brighten it up. But who am I to say, I know nothing about applying make-up artistically ...
You are actually right about your assessment there. The make-up is very neutral, that the look does not seem appropriate with the dress and event. BTW, I am not in the make-up or beauty industry myself.

Since she chose to wear her hair casually, her face should have been more glamorously (different from overdone, btw) made-up to balance her over-all look.

I even think, with all due respect, that she looked haggard in this event. It's the ashen look that her make-up has accomplished. It wore her face down. It could have been greatly improved by a more flattering shade of lipstick.

I know Princess Caroline is more into looking natural, and excessive make-up will actually age a person especially when she has prominent wrinkles (which Caroline has). But she could have achieved a youthful look by choosing a softer, warmer shade of pink or rose.
__________________
  #156  
Old 06-15-2007, 02:28 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,974
Thank you both Ianna and tbhrc for the latest pics, Caroline looked great at both, I love the colours she wore, especially the blue dress is great for summer times, it reminds so much of the fresh blue sea

Here's another pic of the event on 7 June with Karl:

Caroline and Karl
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #157  
Old 06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
anag's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Posts: 408
Karl and those damn gloves! But, I think it's cute that their fingers are intertwined. Real friends I guess...

Ani
__________________
  #158  
Old 06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
I have found 3 more pics:

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
  #159  
Old 06-16-2007, 02:50 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 25,974
Pics 15.6.2007

Thanks a lot for the additional pics, tbhrc!

Yesterday Caroline had an event, but the pics I've found so far are very small:

REMISE DES DIPLOMES POUR 25 ETUDIANTS DE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF MONACO EN PRESENCE DE LA PRINCESSE CAROLINE A L'HOTEL DE PARIS
Caroline during the graduating of 25 students from the international High School in Monaco, 15 June, 2007:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
  #160  
Old 06-16-2007, 03:30 AM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Great pics, thanks Ice.

Here is a video of Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August attending the concert by the Monaco Philarmonic Orchestra. Just click on Juin 13, 2007 and then OPMC Paris. It also includes an interview of Caroline, perhaps someone could summarize what she said. Thanks.

Centre de Presse
__________________

__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 13 : May 2006 - Jan.2007 tbhrc Current Events Archive 201 01-16-2007 03:01 AM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 11 : Jan.2006 - March 2006 Tosca Current Events Archive 216 03-28-2006 09:03 PM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 10 : Nov.2005 - Jan.2006 Gabriella Current Events Archive 239 01-27-2006 11:35 AM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 8 : July 2005 - Aug.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 189 08-02-2005 08:17 PM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 7 : May 2005 - July 2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 175 07-06-2005 08:47 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events danish royals engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]