The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylal24
I am a big fan of Princess Caroline's but she needs a more becoming hairstyle! She wears it so flat and it really does not do her justice. Maybe some lighter highlights too would give her a softer look. Hair died so dark at our age can look harsh and aging, she has such a pretty face but that hairstyle is so unflattering on her!
I do not like her hairdo either. I hope she is letting them grow again.
Now she has the same hairdo as Stephanie, both flat and shapeless, in this age it makes hjer look older. SAme for Stephanie, she is younger but she has full of wrinkless, so she looks also old......
Stephanie IMO looks older that Caroline

Old 01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Majesty

Her speech from yesterday, part 1:

Speech by H.R.H. Princess Caroline of Hanover, President of AMADE,
the World Association of Children’s Friends

Tuesday 23 January
Ladies and Gentlemen, when I received your invitation, as President of Amade, to attend this session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe with its focus on children, I was pleased to accept this opportunity to share in the work your Assembly is doing to improve children’s lives and defend their rights.
I thank you, Mr President, for your kind words. Amade was founded by my mother, Princess Grace, in 1963, to promote and protect children’s rights internationally. Princess Grace’s aim was to bring together well-meaning people on every continent to address this problem. But she knew that the contribution and support of the international institutions were indispensable.

This association I have presided over since 1993 develops and supports long- and short-term humanitarian programmes in the fields of education, health and nutrition in favour of those children in the world who suffer from poverty, exploitation, violence or war. Financing surgical operations in Asia or South Africa, bringing medical treatment to children suffering from genetic disorders in Niger, rebuilding schools after the tsunami disaster, the “Ecole à tous vents” literacy education programme for street children in Congo or Asia, support for HIV/AIDS orphans: these are some examples of the work we do. Convinced that speed and efficacy require the existence of sound partnerships, Amade relies on a network of local partners in Africa, South America, Asia and Europe, driven by the same purpose: to help children. It is these local contacts that constantly alert us to human rights violations, which unfortunately happen every day.

In spite of the immense task already accomplished by institutions and associations, it is up to us, the citizens of the 46 member states of the Council of Europe, to make our contribution and propose new courses of action.

In Monaco, my father, Prince Rainier III, and today my brother, have always wanted to invest in this cause and alert the international community. In 2004, my brother addressed the UN General Assembly in his capacity as crown prince and invited the international community to strengthen co-operation to ensure that cruelty to children does not go unpunished.

As soon as it joined the Council of Europe the Principality of Monaco wanted to take part in the Organisation’s work to protect our children. I personally had the honour and the pleasure in September 2005 in Monaco to attend a meeting of the Standing Committee of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, which had a debate on violence and all forms of exploitation and abuse of children on its agenda.
It was on that occasion that it was decided to organise in Monaco in spring 2006 the conference to launch the Council of Europe’s three-year programme: Building a Europe for and with children. At this launch event your Deputy Secretary General, Ms Maud De Boer Buquicchio, developed the two proposed aims: to promote children’s rights and to eradicate violence against children. The work would hinge on four principles: protecting children; preventing violence; prosecuting those who perpetrated it; and involving children.

In spring 2006 we therefore parted company determined to pursue the aims we had set ourselves, and to drum up the technical and moral support needed to take effective action based on undeniable universal legal values.
Where has it led us?

We have each continued to work in our own way. The Council of Europe, in the Committee of Ministers and the Parliamentary Assembly, has continued its work in this field. On 22 May 2006 the Committee of Experts on the Protection of Children against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse started its work on drafting a convention on the protection of children against sexual exploitation and abuse, to be presented in 2007.

There is also the important role played by the Council of Europe’s Commissioner for Human Rights, Mr Thomas Hammarberg, who has made combating violence against children one of his priorities. Finally, the Parliamentary Assembly’s Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights has produced a report on child victims: stamping out all forms of violence, exploitation and abuse, together with a draft resolution and recommendation which were presented to us by its rapporteur, Mr Jean Charles Gardetto, whom I should like to thank.

Today a draft joint declaration on strengthening co-operation between the Council of Europe and Unicef has been signed.

Other institutions, such as the United Nations, focus on aid to children, including the prevention of violence. A special session on 11, 12 and 13 October 2006 revolved around the presentation of the remarkable report by Professor Pinero on violence against children. The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, WHO, Unesco, Interpol, the European Commission, as well as Unicef and governments at the national level are all pursuing similar aims.

Unfortunately violence is still a problem today, all over the world: it is the opposite of peace, the ideal to which I hope we all aspire. Henceforth the fight against violence is something that concerns us all, at every level. Whatever a country’s standard of living or its internal situation, improvements are always possible. We must try out new paths.

By way of an example, let me tell you about a positive experiment the Government of the Principality of Monaco has been conducting since 1998: the development of a mediation body in the Directorate of Health and Welfare. The experiment will probably be institutionalised. In fact the Commissioner for Human Rights encourages its generalisation in all the Council of Europe’s member states.
Furthermore, in its eagerness to invest in the Council of Europe’s programme, the Government has made a voluntary contribution, with the request that the funds concerned be allocated first and foremost to activities to protect children, by alerting them to the dangers of the Internet and the new information and communication technologies.

The aim of the “Crimes against children, crimes against humanity” project Amade initiated in 2002 was to have the most heinous crimes against children classified as crimes against humanity. Supported by my brother before the United Nations in 2002 and in 2004, this programme is guided by two principles: no statutory limitation on crimes against children and the universal prosecution of offenders. For a number of years now Amade has been trying to rally the international community around this theme.

However, the difficulties encountered in the development and implementation of a new legal instrument have led our association to continue its action at the regional level of the Council of Europe, and also at the national level, in collaboration with the Government of Monaco and the National Council. This has helped to pinpoint the different current trends in child protection, as guidance in strengthening children’s legal status.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Majesty

Her speech from yesterday, part 2:

One such trend is civil protection. Take forced marriages, for example: the prosecution can now plead violence where there is no freely given consent. Then there is administrative protection, for example monitoring compulsory school attendance, for we know that truancy is a factor in detecting risk situations. There is also health and social protection, a genuine right to health for minors, and the fight against child labour. In some countries the ban on child labour concerns children under fourteen years of age; this is not enough. The limit should be raised to sixteen. And finally, there is criminal law protection, i.e. everything that affects children’s physical and sexual integrity. Where Monaco’s legal arsenal is concerned, I am pleased to say that a bill to strengthen measures to combat crimes against children, including some of the crimes listed by the Council of Europe’s group of experts, is to be tabled in Parliament in 2007.

In a few months’ time we will be halfway through our three-year programme. I see that the Council of Europe, with the co-operation of its competent bodies and services, has defined the content and form of an effective legal instrument. The drafting of the European convention on the protection of children against sexual exploitation has reached an advanced stage. Amade, whose role I have just described, will support this text.

Stamping out violence also means focusing on the interest of the child, a notion we find in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and in many countries’ domestic legislation. Could we not try to harmoniser the definition of the notion of the child’s best interest, thereby eliminating variations in its interpretation?
I share the Council of Europe’s determination to provide full and exhaustive legal cover and to harmonise criminal law and other relevant measures in its member states. The Council of Europe has a fundamental role to play but one it cannot accomplish alone. I wish you every success in your work, with the collaboration of the other international organisations, governments, national parliaments and experts, all driven by the same ideal, to present this draft convention this year.

In 2002, Amade sounded the alarm. We are in 2007 and the same urgency prevails: to defend the obvious, the right not to suffer, the right not to be sexually abused, the right not to be sold or exploited, not to be raped, kidnapped or mutilated, the right not to be neglected, then forgotten.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Majesty

And here is a video about her appearance yesterday, including a little retrospective of her life. Click here or here
Old 01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
EU-FRANCE-COUNCIL-VERHOFSTADT-CAROLINE-HANOVER
President of the World Association of Children's Friends Princess Caroline of Hanover (R) as she receives flowers for her birthday from Prime Minister of Belgium Guy Verhofstadt during the signature ceremony against the violence for children in the Parliamentary Assembly of the council of Europe in Strasbourg 23 January 2007. AFP PHOTO FREDERICK FLORIN
http://photo.grazianeri.com/Common/P...8ae2dd2f&aid=1

http://photo.grazianeri.com/Common/P...8ae2dd2f&aid=1
Old 01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Majesty

And here is another news video, click here
Old 01-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the video links! I don't think I've ever heard her speak before. Her voice isn't as I imagined for some reason.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Does anybody recognize the pen she is using ?
Old 01-26-2007, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Some more great pics from Laif:

2 checking her notes
3 reading
4 correcting her speech?
6 great smile
7 her VIP ticket

A few more HQ pics, just click on the enlarge button to see them in High Resolution - Click here to see the gallery
Old 01-27-2007, 05:41 PM

I admired her my whole life even more so today Great speech
Old 01-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I really like her appearance. There is something sober, almost austere, that suits her very well. (I am beginning to wonder if she is not beginning to feel more content in unglamorous, more work-oriented settings.) And I like her haircut. At times she is gamine-like, at other times, it makes her look just "average" enough to give her a more serious look, with a sense of gravity appropriate for the situation, giving her more credibility as genuinely devoted to her cause. Same reason why I like her glasses. It's one of the few times she looks like she could be your collague and you could discuss work related issues together. Of course, when she flashes her signature smile, it's the unique Princess Caroline all over again.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Gentry

Home of Caroline

Where do Caroline and Ernst August live most of the year? Germany ?Where then? Or Paris?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by violante
Where do Caroline and Ernst August live most of the year? Germany ?Where then? Or Paris?
Paris, better to say very close to Fontainebleau.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I really like her appearance. There is something sober, almost austere, that suits her very well. (I am beginning to wonder if she is not beginning to feel more content in unglamorous, more work-oriented settings.) And I like her haircut. At times she is gamine-like, at other times, it makes her look just "average" enough to give her a more serious look, with a sense of gravity appropriate for the situation, giving her more credibility as genuinely devoted to her cause. Same reason why I like her glasses. It's one of the few times she looks like she could be your collague and you could discuss work related issues together. Of course, when she flashes her signature smile, it's the unique Princess Caroline all over again.
I just love your comments!!! Delightful! You should try writing for a magazine
Old 01-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
I just love your comments!!! Delightful! You should try writing for a magazine
I second that..Great analysis, rich vocabulary, powerful lines, iloveroyals!
Old 01-28-2007, 10:03 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Rosana and Ianna, thanks so much ! I am really inspired by the work all of you do posting pictures. I don't thank everyone all the time, (in posts) but in my heart I do. Since I don't post a lot of pictures, I show my appreciation as best I can.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I think that one thing that made Princess Caroline look different, apart from the lack of make-up except for mascara, was that she didn't wear earrings. P.Caroline always seems to wear earrings, certainly for a public event of this magnitude.

This question may have been asked before, but where can I find a video of Caroline speaking in English ?
She has a lovely, melodious, elegant and cultivated voice in French, mature as opposed to girlish, and she articulates very distinctly (which is not exactly the fashion right now !). It is a real pleasure listening to her speak in French. Even though her mother was American, you can sense her mother's influence there, from her experience with the stage. She must have insisted that Caroline speak clearly, both in French and in English, and Caroline then developed a taste for what is well-written and well said. It is well-known that she likes writers and that conversely,writers like her and find her taste exquisite. I wonder if she, in turn, has trained Charlotte to be the same. From what we know about her education, I am sure she did.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Majesty

2 articles about her speak at the European Counsil:

PdV L'Observateur de Monaco - both in pdf

Thanks to AMADE
Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 6.02.2007

Prince Ernst of Hanover attends the private dinner following the private view of George Condo's new paintings and sculptures on display at the Simon Lee Gallery, held at Almada on February 6, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Ernst 1
Ernst 2
Ernst 3
Having fun
Ernst 5
Old 02-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Prince Ernst of Hanover attends the private dinner following the private view of George Condo's new paintings and sculptures on display at the Simon Lee Gallery, held at Almada on February 6, 2007 in London, England. (Photos by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

Ernst 2
Nice photos, thanks
Can someone understand what is he drinking? Beer or applejuice?

I m still wondering about this problem, after what happened 2 years ago.