The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko
The cover says (in Spanish language):

The new Princess Caroline, as she approaches 50 years
"There is so much to do in this world, that we all should do something in a voluntary way"
In an interview with Caroline I read some time ago she stated that she doesn't wish to be remembered as a "useless" princess.

Old 03-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
In an interview with Caroline I read some time ago she stated that she doesn't wish to be remembered as a "useless" princess.
Well fortunately for Caroline that will probably never happen!

Old 03-23-2006, 10:24 AM
Courtier

Somebody have seen the show "Salsa Rosa" two weeks ago in the spanish TV "Tele cinco",where her former brother in law "Daniel Ducruet" ex husband of princess Stephanie,attacked her and said "Caroline doesn't care about her sister stephanie and doesn't care about anybody,she cares about herself only,she thinks that she knows all,she's better than all,and she's the most beautiful..."he added that caroline young was very rude with her younger sister while they wer still kids,and she always looked for making her uncomfortable.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
on the cover of Hola
I've scanned the pictures.

Enjoy :) !

mtbcm

Old 03-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
Somebody have seen the show "Salsa Rosa" two weeks ago in the spanish TV "Tele cinco",where her former brother in law "Daniel Ducruet" ex husband of princess Stephanie,attacked her and said "Caroline doesn't care about her sister stephanie and doesn't care about anybody,she cares about herself only,she thinks that she knows all,she's better than all,and she's the most beautiful..."he added that caroline young was very rude with her younger sister while they wer still kids,and she always looked for making her uncomfortable.
I didn't see the show, but I read many an interview with DD where he sang the same old song...
Old 03-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Here are some more from Point de Vue - she really looks great....

Old 03-23-2006, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos, mtbcm & tbhrc...

Princess Caroline & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looks lovely as always..
Old 03-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I didn't see the show, but I read many an interview with DD where he sang the same old song...
That's right, he always says the same things and I think that he just want to be popular. But, this is not the good way. I don't like this bad habits.
I'm fan of princesse Caroline and her family and I'm sure than Caroline isn't like DD said. She's not "snob" like he said, she have more class than him.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode
That's right, he always says the same things and I think that he just want to be popular. But, this is not the good way. I don't like this bad habits.
I'm fan of princesse Caroline and her family and I'm sure than Caroline isn't like DD said. She's not "snob" like he said, she have more class than him.
I think also the same,DD looks only for fame,he even tried to be a singer:p ,and his participation in the real show "La ferme" is very telling about his ambitions.IMO,Caroline was smart not to stand him,but at least he can respect his children who are nephews of Caroline!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks a lot for the great pictures, mtbcn and tbhrc!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Hasn't he had his 15 minutes of fame? I think going on TV or giving quotes like this to the media is silly and tells us more about him than Caroline or his ex-wife.

Caroline and Stephanie have always had a tumultuous relationship. It's normal and sometimes happens with siblings. Caroline felt that Stephanie always got a pass on her behavior while Caroline was held to a higher standard (The Bridesmaids by Judy Balaban Quine). One of the more humorous anecdotes in this book, written by a friend of Princess Grace, is P Caroline and a friend trying to stuff P Stephanie into a toilet....and explaining her actions by saying "she was annoying us!"

I have always admired Caroline's strength. She's lived through so much, it's almost incomprehensible--yet she's still got her joie de vivre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode
Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Great photos!

Ernst really does look great. He doesn't have that puffy, bloated look to him so I think he's following doctor's orders and staying away from alcohol. Good for him that he cares enough about his family--and himself--to get it together! I'm sure it was a huge change for him and old habits die hard. I sometimes have wondered about him but this shows me he does have strength of character and discipline and genuinely cares and does not want to hurt his wife by drinking himself to death. She and all their children have been through enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna
It seems Tinypic solved their photo hosting problem..Thanx Michelle for attaching new pics! tbhrc, thanx for those AMADE pics! Love that outfit!

I agree with Tosca, Caroline seems to be very pale - black outfit points it out even more, but she is elegant as usual..Ernst looks great!
Old 03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thanks for this info.

I think Caroline was a handful when she was younger, all accounts point to that (interviews with family members, second-hand accounts, etc. from books, authorized by the family or otherwise) but that doesn't make her a bad person. We all make mistakes, even in our later years. And Caroline isn't what she was 20-30 years ago. Why is Daniel harping about stuff from decades back? He has a big chip on his shoulder about Caro, and wants to cash on it. That's worse than what he is accusing her of, IMO.

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Old 03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Nobility

mtbcn and tbhrc
Thanks a lot for the great pictures of the Hola and Point de Vue magazine:)
Old 03-24-2006, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Thank you for the pics, tbhrc and mtbcn!!
Has anyone read the article and can tell us why they are calling her the "new" Caroline? I can't see any changes. She looks as wonderful as always and keeps on doing her great job?!
Old 03-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Majesty

You're all welcome and also a big thank you to mtbcm from me....

Vote for Princess Caroline as Most Elegant.

Old 03-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Thank you for the pics, tbhrc and mtbcn!!
Has anyone read the article and can tell us why they are calling her the "new" Caroline? I can't see any changes. She looks as wonderful as always and keeps on doing her great job?!
I see something different on her in the last pics with the blue outfit. She is marvellous as usually, but did you all notice that her face looks more "round" more "full"???

Did she had a mini lifting ????? Or a similar treatment????

GIVE ALL YOUR OPINION PLEASE
Old 03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Daniel Ducruet should feel a little shame for how he treated Stephanie, and close his mouth...... instead of telling bad things about Steph's family

Regardingb the way Caroline treates Stephanie, I've read that Caroline having a strong caracter and being 8 years older, had the habit to "lead" her sister, but it does not mean that she was rude...
Old 03-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Those who have never been nasty with their younger siblings, pls raise your hand!
Old 03-25-2006, 02:19 AM
Courtier

What if they're all older?

Ann