The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsieh
...why did Princess Grace want him for Caroline?
Notwithstanding his bluest-of-blue blood, I always wondered about this. The obvious impediment to such a marriage (at the time) was the Catholic/Protestant difference.
Why not a Catholic Württemberg/Bavaria/Liechtenstein etc Prince, or Habsburg Archduke?

Old 11-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe Priincess Grace knew his family? Or maybe she just wanted her daughter to marry a royal so he wouldn't have the same transition as she had to go through with her marriage to Prince Rainer?

EWrnst could easily have converted, and just a question, if Ernst was so in love with Caoline, why did he marry someone else?
Yeah, she was married or involved then and he probably thought that he had to move on, but if he was really in love with her, why didn't he wait for her to be available again (even if that took forever)?

Old 11-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

Originally Posted by Warren
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto.

what happened to prince otto, did Ernest raise him?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

well, ernst being married was obviously not a big impediment to his and caroline's getting together. (i'm speaking for them, not me)
Old 11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Maybe Priincess Grace knew his family? Or maybe she just wanted her daughter to marry a royal so he wouldn't have the same transition as she had to go through with her marriage to Prince Rainer?

EWrnst could easily have converted, and just a question, if Ernst was so in love with Caoline, why did he marry someone else?
Yeah, she was married or involved then and he probably thought that he had to move on, but if he was really in love with her, why didn't he wait for her to be available again (even if that took forever)?
Because whew Caroline married Junot EA did not know that she will divorce, and when she married Stefano he did not know that she will become a widow!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto.

what happened to prince otto, did Ernest raise him?
I read that EA has been taking care of him since then. This man isn't that bad after all.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I read that EA has been taking care of him since then
Prince Ernst August tried to get legal custody of the baby Prince Otto, but an Austrian court granted custody to the Count and Countess von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli, the parents of Prince Ludwig Rudolf's late wife. The Count died in 1996 and Otto has since been raised (extremely privately) by his grandmother. Although he is now 17, I have not seen a photo of Prince Otto for many years.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

thank you for the information, the story just broke my heart for the poor boy.
have a happy thankgsgiving everyone.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Prince Ernst August tried to get legal custody of the baby Prince Otto, but an Austrian court granted custody to the Count and Countess von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli, the parents of Prince Ludwig Rudolf's late wife. The Count died in 1996 and Otto has since been raised (extremely privately) by his grandmother. Although he is now 17, I have not seen a photo of Prince Otto for many years.
Then I must have got the wrong info, sorry. Thanks Warren!:)
Old 11-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Majesty

Some more pics of Caroline after the opera.

Cover, Deadline Press

Old 11-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Aristocracy

to close for comfort

even though she's a princess i don't think her family should be butting in telling her who she should consider for marriage (regarding princess grace wanting her to marry ernst). if you're going to try and run your child's life like that then perhaps you deserve a rebellious child. that is ridiculous for grace to argue with caroline about her relationships with men. i don't think caro does that with char. how can you seriously tell somebody who they're suppose to fall in love with? that is incredibly stupid. i also think it was wrong that grace went to live with caro after she was 18. if one is going to financially support their adult child that does not mean they have the right to live with them and tell them who to marry. if that is the case she is better off being poor without family financial assistance. what a sick relationship to have with your child.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

i agree with you about controlling your child's life, you shouldn't... i think grace so trouble with men and caroline from a young age because she was so beautiful AND a princess... grace was probably afraid she would marry someone like junot! but about her moving in with caroline in paris... she did and she shouldn't have... but it wasn't all about caroline she and rainier were having bad problems, almost a marriage split so she moved to paris.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Courtier

I'm not trying to defend Grace here, but let's keep in mind that the rumor about her preference for Ernst is just press speculation and has been specifically denied by Ernst himself. As for Grace and Rainier's critics of Junot, I think they only made things worst, but I think it's natural for a parent to warn a very young (20 years old) daughter about possible mistakes.

As for living in Paris, Grace was there also for Stephanie, who was a teenager at the time...

Kisses
Old 11-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

grace and rainier had problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittencrews
i agree with you about controlling your child's life, you shouldn't... i think grace so trouble with men and caroline from a young age because she was so beautiful AND a princess... grace was probably afraid she would marry someone like junot! but about her moving in with caroline in paris... she did and she shouldn't have... but it wasn't all about caroline she and rainier were having bad problems, almost a marriage split so she moved to paris.
i didn't know grace and rainier were having marriage problems. what was the problem?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

well i read it in one of their biographies... it was either Once Upon A Time or another one... I can't remember the name right now... I'll look it up...
Old 12-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Majesty

Well this isn't actually "news" but I think I could post this here. This is a quote of Princess Caroline about Michael Moore's movie Fahrenheit 911. From this site:

Quote:
Princess Caroline of Monaco to Michael Moore
"My mother would have been so proud of your movie." (Detroit Free Press, 5/21)
She is sooo great!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Courtier

She definetely is!!!!!

(Maybe we're being too political, but anyway Go Caro!)
Old 12-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Caroline visited the Princess Grace Hospital yesterday.

I haven't found any photos yet, but you can se one small picture here , it's Monaco's local paper. There is a report about Stephanie presenting the circus programm and a small one about Caro ( down the page)
Old 12-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Thanks for the info Michelle. I also couldn't find any pics. Maybe we'll have to wait till someone finds them in some magazines.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Majesty

Finally I found some pics!!! She looks great!!!

Eastnews

Closed Thread