The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
The rumour says that when Caroline was in London for her baccalaureat studies, they had an affair, but very quickly she switched on Philip, maybe because Ernst was the "Perfect gender" for her mother, and at this age, Caro really wanted to be rebell, so she choose a kind of man reall opposite to her mother's wishes.

Romantisme also says that Ernst has never forgot Caroline, but he always found her married..... (like Ret Butler with Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the wind"....)
The tragedy on her life, has given to Ernst the "opportunity" to realise his dream and have Caroline for him.

Anyway, who knows how Caroline's life would be, if she had married EA at the age of 20....?
Would they be still together and happy as now???
Of course she would not have this wonderfull and magnificient Casiraghi trio.... but out of this who knows???
Strange question, try to reply my friends.
hmmm...very interesting. i dont know...i still think its really awful that EA left his long time wife for Carolone.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:00 AM
Commoner

Drinking again ?

Well, well, well, from that 4th picture there, it seems to me that Ernst-August has started drinking again....He should be careful, my cousin had the same illness, he started drinking again, result : he died a few months ago. Some people never learn.

Old 11-16-2005, 05:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Found a nice photo of Ernst:

(yahoo news images)
Old 11-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

alcohol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavyan
Well, well, well, from that 4th picture there, it seems to me that Ernst-August has started drinking again....He should be careful, my cousin had the same illness, he started drinking again, result : he died a few months ago. Some people never learn.
My God, you should be right...... he looks close to drink again..... This is very bad because last April we was near to death.....
I do not understand how people have so many thinks in this life and that they destroy themselves....
It's dramatical for Caroline if something happens.... Raise alone an orphan child again.

TRAGIC
Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Aristocracy

Maybe he was pouring a glass of wine for Caroline. Hope so, anyway!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
My God, you should be right...... he looks close to drink again..... This is very bad because last April we was near to death.....
I do not understand how people have so many thinks in this life and that they destroy themselves....
It's dramatical for Caroline if something happens.... Raise alone an orphan child again.

TRAGIC
I think Ernst has had a tough go at life as well. He lost his brother and sister in law to suicide in the 80's. This must haunt him terribly. You know the what if's? or what could I have done to change it? Look how Grace and Stephanie's accident has haunted and followed her throughout her life, the only difference here is that Stephanie's seems to be more publicized but the same sort of pain eats you up & makes you want to destroy yourself.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The rumour says that when Caroline was in London for her baccalaureat studies, they had an affair, but very quickly she switched on Philip, maybe because Ernst was the "Perfect gender" for her mother, and at this age, Caro really wanted to be rebell, so she choose a kind of man reall opposite to her mother's wishes.

Romantisme also says that Ernst has never forgot Caroline, but he always found her married..... (like Ret Butler with Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the wind"....)
The tragedy on her life, has given to Ernst the "opportunity" to realise his dream and have Caroline for him.

Anyway, who knows how Caroline's life would be, if she had married EA at the age of 20....?
Would they be still together and happy as now???
Of course she would not have this wonderfull and magnificient Casiraghi trio.... but out of this who knows???
Strange question, try to reply my friends.
I've seen several old pics of ernst and Caro from the 80's and he was always looking at her even with his wife at his side at the time. I think Caro was someone he always wanted but could never have until later in life. When the opportunity presented itself he grabbed it and ran. Although Ernst and Chantal probably had a strong marraige in the begining I'm more inclined to believe that she was someone who he settled for. Your questions are good ones, I don't think they were destined to be together at a young age otherwise it would have fallen into place easliy. They were meant to live and learn many things before coming together IMO.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Hey! I was just reading the 'Grimaldi Jewels' thread and people have written that after Stefano died Caroline sold some of Grace's jewels and tiaras to pay off Stefano's debts. Does anybody know if this is true? If it is I'm sure it was a last resort but it does really make it look like the Grimaldi's had no real disposable money in 1990 which they are said to have a lot on today?! I mean it has been said that Caroline became a billionaire after Rainier's death. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
I think Ernst has had a tough go at life as well. He lost his brother and sister in law to suicide in the 80's. This must haunt him terribly. You know the what if's? or what could I have done to change it? Look how Grace and Stephanie's accident has haunted and followed her throughout her life, the only difference here is that Stephanie's seems to be more publicized but the same sort of pain eats you up & makes you want to destroy yourself.
I did not know this events about his siblings.
When I say they destroy their life I do not mean that they do not have problems, this is impossible for any human being. I mean that EA has enough strong things in this life to grab in, Caro, Alex and his boys. Also he seems well integrated in Monaco family, and in good relations with his stepchildren. It's more pathetic and sad to see him destroyhimself like this, because out of this alcool problem he is quite near to have a happy life.
In opposite with Stephanie, who is still desperately looking for a "heart partner", to walk together in this life, this is sad for her, out of her children she is alone in this life.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I did not know this events about his siblings.
When I say they destroy their life I do not mean that they do not have problems, this is impossible for any human being. I mean that EA has enough strong things in this life to grab in, Caro, Alex and his boys. Also he seems well integrated in Monaco family, and in good relations with his stepchildren. It's more pathetic and sad to see him destroyhimself like this, because out of this alcool problem he is quite near to have a happy life.
In opposite with Stephanie, who is still desperately looking for a "heart partner", to walk together in this life, this is sad for her, out of her children she is alone in this life.
I see what your saying. Ernst does have a strong family circle around him now that he should be celebrating.
Old 11-19-2005, 09:27 PM
Serene Highness

If you had a chance to watch the numerous videos of the 11/19 National Day events, I hope you noticed the opportunity Caroline took to reach out to Stephanie in the church; a welcoming, sisterly gesture....hopefully the press will continue to catch those positive encounters and play them up. Sometimes the healing process takes time, and it appears that they are finally moving in the right direction.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Majesty

From picture desk

Quote:
On sunday 20th November 2005 HSH Prince Albert of Monaco and princess Stephanie attended a Yout theater performance at Garibaldi Forum in Monaco were famous french actor Robert Hossein made the introductions to each scene. Prince Albert had very emotional words of thanksgiving for the children after the performance, he was given flowers by a ballerina and handed them over to his sister Princess Stephanie before posing for a remembrance ppicture and leaving, meanwhile Princess Caroline arrived at Griomaldi Forum for a conference on disabled youth

Sorry, that's the only one I could find.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:13 PM
Majesty

And here are my favourite pics of her during the enthronement ceremonies.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

What is that behind her ear?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What is that behind her ear?
a diamond hair clip.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think Ernst has had a tough go at life as well. He lost his brother and sister in law to suicide in the 80's. This must haunt him terribly.
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto. After he hung up the phone Ludwig Rudolf drove to the family hunting lodge where he was found several hours later by a forester. The car's engine was still running and the Prince was found slumped lifeless behind the wheel, the muzzle of a hunting rifle still in his mouth.

source: Queen Victoria's Descendants by Marlene Eilers
Old 11-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto. After he hung up the phone Ludwig Rudolf drove to the family hunting lodge where he was found several hours later by a forester. The car's engine was still running and the Prince was found slumped lifeless behind the wheel, the muzzle of a hunting rifle still in his mouth.

source: Queen Victoria's Descendants by Marlene Eilers
oh my goodness! that is terrible. i'd never heard that before. ok, i think i have a little more understanding for ernst's drinking problem.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Aristocracy

if ernst has such a bad temper why did princess grace want him for caroline?
Old 11-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

well, his blood is about as blue as it gets.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Serene Highness

plus he may not have had such a bad temper in the 70's... before all the media coverage!