The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Found two of Edwina and Jan, and one of in colorbut no CC. Got it from Edwina's twitter. :)

Old 11-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Courtier

Thanks!! She was a beautiful bride.

There are many pics on Edwina's twitter. Isn't it Charlotte on this one taken in Estoril? The girl on the left, quite hidden by her chair!

Old 11-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Your link led to one of the wedding photos. I looked through them all and saw none from Estoril or anything closely resembling Charlotte at all.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:12 PM
Courtier

Does it work now? http://yfrog.com/user/EdwinaAlexander/photos
It seems that it doesn't work... On the link I posted below, go to the seventh lign, and look at the second pic from the right.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Hi LovelyKate, Thanx for the photos, are you talking about the photo of sitting by the pool? Maybe it is Charlotte
Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Courtier

^ Yes, I do! It seems to me too that this girl looks a lot like Charlotte: same profile, same bun, same grumpy look as usual! (The grumpy look she has when she sees a photograph!)
Old 11-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Serene Highness

I"m not sure Charlotte went to the wedding. It may have been just family. I think I read she went to a dinner either the day before or after the wedding.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
I"m not sure Charlotte went to the wedding. It may have been just family. I think I read she went to a dinner either the day before or after the wedding.
Yes, she did. She went to the wedding! Charlotte was Edwina's bridesmaid, also Princess Carolina and Alexandra was there! here the link where you can see a lot of pictures!
Wedding in Monaco: Edwina & Jan by Manuel Meszarovits | Best of Wedding Photography

I love Charlotte's dress!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ladyromanov you are gem! Thanks for the photos!
Old 11-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Ladyromanov you are gem! Thanks for the photos!
You're very welcome
Old 11-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Courtier

Thanks so much ladyromanov. Charlotte and Edwina both looked beautiful! It's great they are so close.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Nobility

Ladyromanov! WONDERFUL FIND!
Highly amused how they call Charlotte Her Royal Highness Princess of Monaco and has 80% bad journalistic style, even if it's clear that's what they were going for. :facepalm:

Look at Caro's and Alex's outfits at the wedding-they've worn them at other events, I think:here (Alex)and Caro too, but I can't find it. I think. Thoughts?

And FYI, Vanessa von Zitzewitz is a horse rider and photographer, who is married to Juan Villalonga Navarro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Does it work now? http://yfrog.com/user/EdwinaAlexander/photos
It seems that it doesn't work... On the link I posted below, go to the seventh lign, and look at the second pic from the right.
Your link only brought me to the album, not an inidividual photo, but I found this photo (blown up by yours truly)-is that the one you were refering to? And the person being the one sitting in the chair closest to where the photographer is? I think that's Charlotte. The profile looks right anyway. Must've been some girly downtime. I wonder if Charlotte was Edwina's Maid of honor? Thoughts?
Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 AM
Courtier

^ Yes, it is this pic.

Thank you very much Lady Romanov! I couldn't believe my eyes when I came to this thread. Yesterday we talked about this wedding, complaining because we found no pics, and this morning ABRACADABRAAAA!!! You posted plenty of pics!! You're so precious!!

It's amazing to see how close friends Edwina and Charlotte have became, in only two or three years. I think that she was her maid of honor. She was in the room when the bride prepared herself - she even prepared herself in the same room! The bride was very lovely.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Majesty

Wedding in Monaco: Edwina & Jan by Manuel Meszarovits | Best of Wedding Photography

I thought the bride looked beautiful very chic. Charlotte's hair and dress were so elegant and very not bridesmaidy at all. But I hated what Charlotte did to her hair and to her dress at the reception. Ugh!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Royal Highness

I must say that Charlotte looked great as a bridesmaid, lovely gown and hairstyle. Bride's gown reminds me this one worn by Laura, wife of Spanish aristocrat (son of Naty Abascal I think), very beautiful, especially top part.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Nobility

@ Lovely Kate- I agree. I think she was her maid of honor too. Perhaps partially because it was held in Monaco as well as them being good friends. There were two photos that make me think that Charlotte was in fact her maid of honor, on this site, the 17th and 18th photos, plus one towards the very bottom of the page, where it looks like she's getting ready to make a speech at the reception.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Courtier

^ Of course she was!!
If you're not convinced, here are some proofs:
- when the brides are signing at the end of the ceremony, you can see on the pic that on the left there is a young woman wearing the same kind of dress ass Charlotte's one, in another shade of blue. It must only be maids of honor dresses. If it wasn't, what a catastrophe!! And two women in the same dress at a same event wouldn't pose on the same pic.
- When we have a general vew of the dinning room you can see Charlotte at the brides' table. She's talking to Alex and sitting on the left side of who I suppose being the bride's father. (Seventh pic from the end of the page)
- she obviously made a speech. And after the speech, she shared a big hug with the bride and the other maid of honor. In each wedding the bride always hugs her maids of honor after the speech: it's not an obligation, but they are so moved that they can't help themselves doing it!
- She was holding a bunch of flowers at the end of the mass, with her little sister by her side, and the other maid of honor on the other side.
- She stood up next to the bride while the bride pronounced their vows.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
Yes, she did. She went to the wedding! Charlotte was Edwina's bridesmaid, also Princess Carolina and Alexandra was there! here the link where you can see a lot of pictures!

I love Charlotte's dress!
What a wonderful album... Thank you so much!
Old 11-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Wow, that's a great album.
I love these "backstage" photos!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Commoner

Thanks for the pictures, everyone! They are so lovely. The bride looks stunning, and Charlotte looks beautiful! (And hey, is that a smile from our dear Charlotte? )

Closed Thread