Princess Caroline & Family Current Events Part 6 : February 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They look nice and relaxed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know... but looking at these pictures, it makes me feel kind of sad thinking about the two women - mother and daghter -, just the two of them alone for Easter. I don't obviously know if they were actually just the two of them in St Remy, but i can't help a certain sense of loneliness emerging from watching those pics...
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

How can they be lonely if they're together? Just because they're not surrounded by a whole gaggle of people or by Alex's siblings shouldn't mean that they're lonely. Maybe it's just because we're so used to getting pics with Caroline and one of her older children, but honestly she looks fine to me. Good riddance, Ernst, and I'm sure she's enjoying raising her daughter.

How can they be lonely if they're together? Just because they're not surrounded by a whole gaggle of people or by Alex's siblings shouldn't mean that they're lonely. Maybe it's just because we're so used to getting pics with Caroline and one of her older children, but honestly she looks fine to me. Good riddance, Ernst, and I'm sure she's enjoying raising her daughter.

Yes, i guess you're right. Maybe i'm just lacking the Casiraghi's around her... Oh well... :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

I guess lazuli says that because we haven't seen Caroline with the Casiraghis lately. But i don't see it as a bad sign, those kids are grown ups now, they shouldn't be all the time with mama, they have their own lives.
And about Easter: we don't know how that family works, and if Easter means anything to them or not, despite being catholics.

I don't know... but looking at these pictures, it makes me feel kind of sad thinking about the two women - mother and daghter -, just the two of them alone for Easter. I don't obviously know if they were actually just the two of them in St Remy, but i can't help a certain sense of loneliness emerging from watching those pics...
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Lazuli, I had the same feeling. Not because the rest of the family is missing, but because Princess Caroline doesn't seem very healthy on these pictures, nor very well put together. Do I detect a sense of interrogation or concern in Alexandra's eyes as she gazes up at her mother? I know that Caroline feels enough at ease in St Remy not to bother looking her best when she goes out shopping for food, and that's good. As a public figure, she is taking a break here, and runs out for bread like a million other French women who don't bother fixing up her hair and wearing make up for such a mundane errand. For all of you who know the significance of bread in the French culture (and especially at Easter time....), there is a sweet pathos in fulfulling this small ritual, that arises from its very ordinariness. Three baguettes? It can't be just for Caroline and Alexandra. Bread is both a necessity and a luxury for women. And contrary to most of you, I have fond memories of Ernst in St Remy with his wife and little daughter, their arms filled with 'paniers' of French goodies. Why knock family life? And who says Alexandra doesn't miss her dad?

Caroline looks perfectly normal on those pictures. A normal 55-year-old woman who's running some earrands with her daughter. She's not put together? What should she wear, a gala gown and sport a fully made up face?
Chill out people.............

thanks for the article.

I think Caroline and Alex look great, Alex has become a real beauty.
I certainly don't miss ernst.

A few remarks: Talitha, (not “people”), chill out for a bit and reread my post calmly. Did I say anything about Caroline not looking normal on those pictures? Silly hyperbole doesn’t constitute a counter-argument to something I didn’t even say.

Mtatum, thank you for posting the article. It’s a rare glimpse of Caroline up close and personal, with nostalgic remarks on her childhood and mother. But why this need in the upper class to tell us what and how we should think? (“There’s a need for society to critique itself, even it isn’t popular”) Caroline, exactly how do you ever critique yourself, one might ask? It wouldn’t be obnoxious if it weren’t so prevalent, and that includes practically all the royals. Of course, posters’ interpretations, (Charlotte “educating the masses”) don’t help.

Frelinghighness, you are entitled to your opinion: “I certainly don't miss Ernst”. Trying to see things from Alexandra’s point of view, (which we are not privy to, but we might be able to guess, perhaps wrongly) might have induced you to wonder if Alexandra misses her father, as we all lamented the loss of Stefano in his children’s lives. I do agree with you though, that Alexandra has become a real beauty.

You are most welcome, sugarbaby318, MagMil, Frelinghighness, and iloveroyals.

iloveroyals, I think that when Caroline mentioned that line, she was defending a feature of a national museum show that criticized "Monaco's ugly midcentury high-rises." I interpreted what she said as something like "there's a need for the show to criticize the buildings and highrises of Monaco even though most of the Monegasques favor these buildings and even though the principality benefited financially from these buildings".

By doing so, she actually echoed a sentiment of her late mother. I read in biographies that Princess Grace was very critical of the aggressive construction of buildings and highrises that, for her, destroyed the natural beauty and harmony of Monte Carlo's belle epoque architecture. When the Hotel Hermitage was even threatened to make room for a more modern hotel, she was quoted as volunteering to be nailed to the door so that they will spare the historic landmark.

Anyway, this was how I interpreted that line in the article. I think it was in connection with the art scene that Princess Caroline is championing.

Last edited:
A few remarks:

Frelinghighness, you are entitled to your opinion: “I certainly don't miss Ernst”. Trying to see things from Alexandra’s point of view, (which we are not privy to, but we might be able to guess, perhaps wrongly) might have induced you to wonder if Alexandra misses her father, as we all lamented the loss of Stefano in his children’s lives. I do agree with you though, that Alexandra has become a real beauty.
You are correct when you state my comment about Ernest as my opinion.
But, trying to "guess, perhaps wrongly" what Alexandra is thinking/feeling I'm not something I would dream of doing.
For the record, I assume all children love their parents.
Trying to deduce the thoughts and feelings of royals from paparazzi pictures is pure speculation and imagination.

I don't think the man is photographing Princess Caroline, really. I think he is taking a pic of something else that is not seen in the picture.

I have been following Caroline for decades and it is not unusual for her to go about casually and without makeup. I remember Caroline telling an interviewer, in a book by Scavullo about the world's most beautiful women, that there were days when she felt that she should put on a little blush, but doesn't. Caroline dresses according to whatever she is doing.
I think she looks great. As a woman of a certain age, I am growing tired of being told by the beauty industry, to use Botox, Restylane, dye hair, get a face lift... The industry is not concerned with women looking well; they are concerned with making money.

And, does any one know of Caroline is content with just staying separated from Ernst-August? I've never read any where about them divorcing.

Here are some more pics - according to the caption they were taken yesterday, April 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** zimbio/Bauer Griffin: Princess Caroline of Monaco Out for Easter **

This kind of pictures of Caroline really astonish me. Imagine this woman, who is one of the most (or maybe the most, after late Pcs Diana) photographed women in the world. This woman called one of the most beautiful woman of the 20th Century, of the most elegant and the best known. During her life she passed through the highest compliments and admiration, the extreme hapiness and the extreme saddnes.
So this woman, with a life full of everything, now accepts to age with elegance. She did not fall into the trapp of trying to keep her extreme beauty, by plastic surgeries and other means. She has a daughter who is already a woman, but she did not fall into the trapp of comparing herself with her daughter and being jealous of her beauty.
Caroline is still beautifull, always elegant, but her most impoprtant beauty is that she accepts that time is running.

Last edited:
This kind of pictures of Caroline really astonish me. Imagine this woman, who is one of the most (or maybe the most, after late Pcs Diana) photographed women in the world. This woman called one of the most beautiful woman of the 20th Century, of the most elegant and the best known. During her life she passed through the highest compliments and admiration, the extreme hapiness and the extreme saddnes.
So this woman, with a life full of everything, now accepts to age with elegance. She did not fall into the trapp of trying to keep her extreme beauty, by plastic surgeries and other means. She has a daughter who is already a woman, but she did not fall into the trapp of comparing herself with her daughter.
Caroline is still beautifull, always elegant, but her most impoprtant beauty is that she accepts that time is running.

I total agreed with what you wrote !!! :)

I agree with a lot of what you say, Fandesacs. However, your post does not take the media spin on the princess into account. Like all princesses, and Caroline in particular because she happened to be young, hip and cool at just the right time, the media love to portray her as “one of us, just like us” as well as “special, different, a cut above”. So in her adolescence we had Princess Caroline at all the gala balls, more glamorous than they are now thanks to Princess Grace’s flair for visibility through drama and elegance, but Caroline had to shed a pretty dress she was wearing (and I don’t mean a gala dress: I am referring to a Vogue shoot when she was 17), to don some jeans to be “une jeune fille comme les autres”, (a girl like any other), and this theme was repeated ad nauseum. Honestly, if she did go out to get a baguette and was all put together, the media would point out that Caroline manages to, effortlessly, that’s a key word, dab on some blush and lipstick and look fantastic. So they’ll take what they get. Casual? She is awesome and all the more because she dares age gracefully. Made-up and put together? She is awesome because she manages to do what few of us can, always look her best.
The process of identification, dis-identification, has been going for decades. She is of course more sophisticated than the rest of us, with her reading a book a day, attending all the symphonies and art gallery openings, forming strong educated opinions about everything under the sun with the best mentors the world has to offer. But she is first and foremost a mom, like many of us, and a darn good one at that too. A role model for everything. Except when you scratch the surface, all is not so rosy and hunky-dory.
Am I judging her? Far from it. Judging her fans? Even less, I remain one of her fans and enjoy, like everybody else, these pictures of Caroline scarfing down a pizza with her kids tugging along, cheering at her daughters’ performances at competitions, and looking smashing for special events.
In summary, what the media constantly remind us to do is “identify all you want, up to where there’d be no magic or mystery left to make Princess Caroline and family topics of debate and interest that sell.”
By the way, Freelinghighness, (post 558), I salute you for being perhaps the only one in these forums to never “dream … of trying to deduce the thoughts and feelings of royals from paparazzi pictures (as being) pure speculation and imagination.” It's nice to know, "for the record", that you assume all children love their parents. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:

The following two pics belong to the stay in Saint Remy - Caroline with a brimful shopping trolley :)

** April 2012 **

Glad to see that they also use toilet paper...:lol: Thanks for those pics, Ice!

I agree with a lot of what you say, Fandesacs. However, your post does not take the media spin on the princess into account. Like all princesses, and Caroline in particular because she happened to be young, hip and cool at just the right time, the media love to portray her as “one of us, just like us” as well as “special, different, a cut above”. So in her adolescence we had Princess Caroline at all the gala balls, more glamorous than they are now thanks to Princess Grace’s flair for visibility through drama and elegance, but Caroline had to shed a pretty dress she was wearing (and I don’t mean a gala dress: I am referring to a Vogue shoot when she was 17), to don some jeans to be “une jeune fille comme les autres”, (a girl like any other), and this theme was repeated ad nauseum. Honestly, if she did go out to get a baguette and was all put together, the media would point out that Caroline manages to, effortlessly, that’s a key word, dab on some blush and lipstick and look fantastic. So they’ll take what they get. Casual? She is awesome and all the more because she dares age gracefully. Made-up and put together? She is awesome because she manages to do what few of us can, always look her best.
The process of identification, dis-identification, has been going for decades. She is of course more sophisticated than the rest of us, with her reading a book a day, attending all the symphonies and art gallery openings, forming strong educated opinions about everything under the sun with the best mentors the world has to offer. But she is first and foremost a mom, like many of us, and a darn good one at that too. A role model for everything. Except when you scratch the surface, all is not so rosy and hunky-dory.
Am I judging her? Far from it. Judging her fans? Even less, I remain one of her fans and enjoy, like everybody else, these pictures of Caroline scarfing down a pizza with her kids tugging along, cheering at her daughters’ performances at competitions, and looking smashing for special events.
In summary, what the media constantly remind us to do is “identify all you want, up to where there’d be no magic or mystery left to make Princess Caroline and family topics of debate and interest that sell.”
By the way, Freelinghighness, (post 558), I salute you for being perhaps the only one in these forums to never “dream … of trying to deduce the thoughts and feelings of royals from paparazzi pictures (as being) pure speculation and imagination.” It's nice to know, "for the record", that you assume all children love their parents. (..)

Very interesting post.
It is funny, but I have the opposite peception. I have been following Caroline since her youth. I remember the first pic I saw of her. She was 15, with long straight hair and it was a profile picture, analyzing that she has a perfect face.
I thing my own (and many other's) perception of the Grimaldi, was initially that they were NOT like us. Since Grace's arrival, the Grimaldis were like taken from a fairy tale. They were all beautiful, gifted, rich, living in a doll kingdom, wearing ball gowns. In their spare time they were horse riding, dancing clasical ballet, or spending their weekend in Marchais estate (another Chateau...). Might the journalist tried to promote the image of every day people but for me they failed. I remember this official pic of Caroline for her 18ies, wearing jeans, with her little dog BUT into the palace, in a gold and cristal corridor!! Is that an every day girl???
The only moments I think when the Grimaldis became every day people... were at their dramas. A fairy beauty like PCs Grace, dies at her 50s
Or a prince charmant like Stefano, dies at his 30s leaving a beautiful but mourning family. The broken fairy tale
They are human like us and I think this is the point making the Grimaldis attaching. The image of Caroline desperately crying her mum, or her husband, the destroyed Prince Rainier at Grace's funeral, or (in a lower level of course) Stephanie cheated by Daniel. They have all, but their destinies can break exactly like ours.
It is the same like with Pcs Diana. The fairy tale princess... and the nightmare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video! Caroline can be seen to in the begining of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom