The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Nobility

I remember the girl who had birthday she was with Charlotte and Eugenie last year at St.Tropez.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Aristocracy

ya who is that girl ? She seems like shes friend with charlotte

Old 08-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria_89
ya who is that girl ? She seems like shes friend with charlotte
Sorry about this but I'm like sooo confused. What girl are you guys talking about
Old 08-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Nobility

At TBHRC'S #75 post at this thread there is a picture of a birthday party.Probably the girl's at the center.She was with Eugenie+Charlotte last year at St.Tropez.Sorry Victoria i don't know her name
Old 08-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Nobility

has anyone seen this artial about the monaco's royals and thier privacy invasion

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_d...373&con_type=3
Old 08-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Nobility

I join this two scans, from two separate articles of this week issue of Hola magazine, because they both refer to Charlotte’s 20th birthday

Attachment 259471

Attachment 259472
Old 08-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Nobility

I love how Spanish magazines always change people's names. My grandmother reads HOLA, so she talks to me about them and always says "Carlota" or "Carolina y Alberto". Thanks for the pics flower, Charlotte does look radiant.

Ani
Old 08-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Gentry

^Yeah, it's true. Also they call princess Stephanie "Estefanía". They don't change the names of Andrea and Pierre though.

Those pictures are so cool. Hola Magazine rocks

Nevermore - Believe In Nothing

http://www.myspace.com/mveronicass
Old 08-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veroka
^Yeah, it's true. Also they call princess Stephanie "Estefanía". They don't change the names of Andrea and Pierre though.

Those pictures are so cool. Hola Magazine rocks
Well, for people like us who speak Spanish it's quite amusing, but some people find it annoying. And of course they don't change Andrea or Pierre's names! Andrea is a girl's name in Spanish and I don't even know the equivalent of Pierre in Spanish. Probably Pedro.... !

Ani
Old 08-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
Well, for people like us who speak Spanish it's quite amusing, but some people find it annoying. And of course they don't change Andrea or Pierre's names! Andrea is a girl's name in Spanish and I don't even know the equivalent of Pierre in Spanish. Probably Pedro.... !

Ani

Andrea is also used here in the US as a girl's name. Is that you meant to say, anag?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:

Ani
I think Andrés would be the equivalent in spanish for Andrea and yes, Pedro would be the equivalent for Pierre. Quite amusing haha.

Nevermore - Believe In Nothing

http://www.myspace.com/mveronicass
Old 08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Majesty

Olycom

MARE 2006 - CHARLOTTE , ANDREA E PIERRE AL MARE A MONACO - 25/07/2006

MARE 2006 - CAROLINA, ERNST E PIERRE A PONZA - VACANZA PONZESE PER CAROLINA DI MONACO CON IL MARITO ERNST VON HANNOVER ED IL FIGLIO PIERRE - 16/07/2006
Old 08-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Majesty

Olycom

SEA 2006 - REAL OF MONACO TO PONZA - CRUISE IN WATERS PONZESI FOR CAROLINA OF MONACO WITH THE HUSBAND ERNST DI HANNOVER, THE SON PIERRE WITH A FRIEND AND ONE BRACE OF FRIENDS - 14/07/2006
Old 08-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Aristocracy

Those are some funny people!
The pic of Ernst's behind will haunt me forever!
And the link to the pics tbhrc posted with the date 16/7/2006, did someone notice something extra or my eyes are playing tricks on me? ( the last two pics in the second row )
Old 08-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

oh my cro girl. you got some sharp eyes, if my eyes are seeing correctly.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro girl
Those are some funny people!
The pic of Ernst's behind will haunt me forever!
And the link to the pics tbhrc posted with the date 16/7/2006, did someone notice something extra or my eyes are playing tricks on me? ( the last two pics in the second row )
I dont see anything, what is on the last two pictures in the second row?
U mean the two with pierre smoking, right?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Ani
Spain has a long tradition of translating the names of all foreign royals (and some princes like the grimaldis). We always talk of the english royal family as Isabel, Carlos, Andrés,Enrique and Guillermo (Elizabeth, Charles, Andrew, Henry and William). We also say Federico de Dinamarca, Diana de Gales etc...
The weird thing is that nobody ever translated Andrea and Pierre's names. I wonder why.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

^ and Charlotte as Carlota
Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwroble
I dont see anything, what is on the last two pictures in the second row?
U mean the two with pierre smoking, right?
Try looking under the towel!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
Spain has a long tradition of translating the names of all foreign royals (and some princes like the grimaldis). We always talk of the english royal family as Isabel, Carlos, Andrés,Enrique and Guillermo (Elizabeth, Charles, Andrew, Henry and William). We also say Federico de Dinamarca, Diana de Gales etc...
The weird thing is that nobody ever translated Andrea and Pierre's names. I wonder why.
Yes, I know the tradition, I'm part Spanish and have read many magazines and books in Spanish, we do have the habit of translating names. I think Pierre's name has never been translated because then in would be Pedro and that's way too different from Pierre in spelling. Andrea is already a latin name so they haven't translated his, even though it would be Andres.

Ani