Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6: May 2006 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why none of PA's siblings went to see her compete. Maybe she asked them not to go.

Well, looking at the base values her program is quite poor even as for her age. I'm not an expert in figure skating, but it seems that to go up at least one position she should have at least one more rotation in every jump or maybe even more. And let's be honest - in Monaco, where the ice rink is opened only in winter, it might be hard for her to achieve results giving her qualification to major competitions like European or World Championships, not to mention the Olympics.
But the most important is that she should gain happiness from what she's doing, not caring too much for the results.

Somewhere I read that alot of the other contestants had 10 years experience and PA only had about 3 years experience. I am also guessing they are working out 5 days a week for several hours a day. I also read that PA entered a more rigorous skating program last fall and goes to a school outside of Monaco. Alexandra can look at this event as a baseline to improve upon. I hope she sticks with it for awhile. Figure skating is a very difficult sport to learn. I applaud her for even trying. No matter how she does, she is learning alot of life skills.

Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6

The article says she goes at a special sport school in Annecy. It means that she does not live with her mum anymore. Or Pcs Caroline moved with her daughter there. Annecy is almost 3 hours driving from Monaco.

Last edited:
It's good to see her brother Prince Ernst of Hanover there to support her.

Lovely girl. She has same voice and intonation like her sister Charlotte.

It was wonderful to see and hear her giving an interview!

The French caption says: "Un programme court parfaitement exécuté, sous le regard admiratif de ses parents, la Princesse et le Prince de Hanovre."

"A short programme perfectly executed, under the admiring observation/regard of her parents, the Princess and the Prince of Hanover."

I wonder if they either made a mistake as to Prince Ernst August junior being there or if Alexandra's father attended without being filmed or photographed as he sat somewhere else.

It was wonderful to see and hear her giving an interview!

The French caption says: "Un programme court parfaitement exécuté, sous le regard admiratif de ses parents, la Princesse et le Prince de Hanovre."

"A short programme perfectly executed, under the admiring observation/regard of her parents, the Princess and the Prince of Hanover."

I wonder if they either made a mistake as to Prince Ernst August junior being there or if Alexandra's father attended without being filmed or photographed as he sat somewhere else.

I think they just mixed EA jr to EA sr. If her father was there believe me paparazzi would never miss that.
Furthermore I never ever saw a pic of Alex with her dad since her parents live separated.

Wasn't expecting the heavy voice.

Neither do I. But Charlotte has the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it is her Brother.
I like this enthousiast, fair-play hard working young Princess . She speaks such a nice French without any german accent. I cannot compare her with Charlotte C.

Last edited:
I like this enthousiast, fair-play herd working young Princess . She speaks such a nice French without any german accent. I cannot compare her with Charlotte C.

Why ? Does Charlotte speak French with an accent ? Not at all.

I know that her brother was present, there's no doubt about that. As you can re-read in my post I was wondering about the meaning of the video's accompanying text.

Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6

In the French video the voice said that Prince Ernst of Hannover was present. Prince Ernst of Hannover not Ernst the Prince of Hannover.
But both father and daughter are Prince Ernst of Hannover. So I think the journalist was just referring to the son

I compared her with Charlotte not for her speaking but her way of smiling, doing and learning at the same age .

Thanks so much for posting the first ever interview of Princess Alexandra!:flowers:

I agree with those that say she sounds like her sister, Charlotte, like twins imho. Even the same expressions & mannerisms. :) Here's a video of Charlotte's first interview as well for comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQoU2FmIi_Y

Both are so very lovely and remind me of their mother, Princess Caroline. In fact imho they each look like her, just not like each other if that makes sense. Alexandra has grown up to be a very beautiful young lady; her light blue blue eyes shine like diamonds and she has a cupid mouth with a pert nose (lol i've always said she reminds me of the schoolgirl character Madeline).:cool:

And thumbs up for having such a wonderful big brother, whom shows up to all her skating events. I've seen her other siblings show up to at least one, but the eldest sibling shows up to all of them!:angel:

Princess Alexandra is on the entry list of ISU Junior Grand Prix competition in Linz, Austria. And it seems it will be broadcasted live on YouTube. Short Program is schedued for Thursday 10th September 18:15.

Princess Alexandra seems both as adorable as a child, and as lovely as the young woman she is rapidly becoming.:)

It's so sweet the way Albert is always there to cheer on his nieces and nephews...Charlotte at her equestrienne events and Alex at her skating.:p

I wish we could see Alexandra's father Ernst-August at these events from time to time.:ermm:

Princess Alexandra is on the entry list of ISU Junior Grand Prix competition in Linz, Austria. And it seems it will be broadcasted live on YouTube. Short Program is schedued for Thursday 10th September 18:15.

I think it's fantastic the ISU is showing the Jr Grand Prix this way this Season. The kids get exposure, the Fans have easy access to watch and is a win win IMO. Thanks for the info She'll be competing at the JGP Event in Vienna.

What Country does Alexandra compete for BTW? I'm thinking I saw somewhere it's Monaco, but I'm not sure about that either.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

She competes for Monaco as she already did at European Youth Olympic Winter Festival in January.

Though it's still a week to the competition in Linz, I bring you another news - she will miss the Junior Grand Prix event in Toruń, Poland but she will participate in Logrono, Spain at the beginning of October.

Here is where we can watch Princess Alexandra tommorow (short programme) and on Friday (free skate). To the short programme she will start 34th out of 35 athletes.

Alexandra is so sweet! Nice voice and good to see Albert and Caro gathered to watch her show.

Short programme - 35th, last place, 14,02 points.
Two out of three jumps with no point value, other elements very poor pointed. She may not be very skilled skater, maybe not even talented, but what is the most important it seems she is simply having pleasure of doing this sport.

She definitely has a smile on her grandmother Grace Kelly and a twinkle in her eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9WhxGyXfX0

Biography

Here is the video of her program, I can see she enjoys it and have fun doing it, Certainly she loves skating.
But unfortunately she came last.
I think she enjoys it at a recreational level.
Skating at this level of a grand prix takes a lot of hard work, the kids at the top are skating between 25 to 35 hs a week, though her biography at the ISU states she trains 25 hours a week in high season, I doubt it. Her level of skating is not up to that.
results:
ISU JGP Cup of Austria 2015 - Junior Ladies

It is some girls that you can see they have triples and they fall, may be nerves it is a factor or they had a bad day etc...., but they go for a triple or a double axel, She had a single axel and single jumps and her double salchow, the easiest of all the doubles jumps was not even good.
I admire her that she knows she does not have a chance but she goes any way and have fun, good sportsmanship!
I guess she gets to qualified for Monaco because it is nobody else skating in Monaco,
here is a link to the protocol of all the skaters if you scroll down you can see at the end the one from Alexandra.
If anybody has any question about results and protocol I can explain, just please ask the question.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1516/jgpaut2015/jgpaut2015_JuniorLadies_SP_Scores.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom