Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6: May 2006 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandra is looking so charming! Really cute!

THAT'S GREAT!! I'm glad the Princess Alexandra has something that is just hers - Caroline and Charlotte are equestrians, as far as I know, no one skates, so good for her - maybe she'll make her own mark there.....can we see an olympic champion figure skater in her future?!

Working against her though is the likelihood that she'll grow up to be a very tall lady. She is most likely to be taller than her mom and sister even in her early teens. I'm basing this assumption on her Hanoverian genes, as her paternal half-brothers are extremely tall.

However, she might compete before that burst in height and female body development occurs, so who knows? And that is if she hasn't found another sport by then too :)

The most successful figure skaters do not exceed 5'4" (like Michelle Kwan, Yu Na Kim, Sarah Hughes, Dorothy Hamill). Due to the demands of the sport, such as the spinning and jumps, it pays to be petite as a figure skater. That's why most of the female champion skaters achieved their golds in their teens, before their bodies (breasts and hips especially) developed fully. Katarina Witt is relatively tall for a figure skater and has defied expectations by being the most dominant skater of her time, with a given height of 5'5" and having a womanly figure even in her teens.

With that said, it is commendable that she has a sport and passion, and that her mother is very supportive of her! True enough, she comes from a family of Olympians, with her maternal great grandfather John Kelly Sr. being the most celebrated oarsman ever. And when he was competing and dominating his sport, rowing was at the height of its popularity.

Last edited:
Can someone help, I can open the link to the paper but can't find the one about Alexandra? Thanks

Alexandra looks lovely in the photos! I think it is really nice to see Caroline with her step-son. Even though she and Ernst-August aren't getting on she stll has a good relationship with hs children.

Great to see Ernst Jr. again. I'm glad he and Alexandra still have a relationship.

Alexandra is so pretty! Good to see her mum and brother supporting her. It seems that this sport is becoming serious for her, good!! :)

Nicematin has an article about the competition again, I guess the link won't stay
that long (just like the last one we had), so I've copied a part of the google
translation of the interview with her trainer:

** Pic ** Alexandra de Hanovre : une fine lame ** translation **

Alex has made some small technical errors which deprive the 1st place (..) But she has made good progress (..) When she arrived at the club, she was very speed, she wanted to go fast (..) Alex has been with us since January 2010. It is a passionate and persevering work. Before the competition of Toulon-La Garde, where we presented the first seven skaters in a rally PACA, she came to some Sundays at 7:30 for practice.

Alex seems very athletic and I like that her interest seem different then Charlotte so that she can be judged on her own merit. She is getting so big

That article in Nice Matin says quite clearly that Alexandra was 2nd Place. She was also 2nd place last year in the same event. Alexandra is really good, and consistent in this sport. I know she's only 11, and competing in her age group, but that is a helleva start, don't ya think?!:D Imagine what she will do @ Pauline's age! And Charlotte's!:ohmy: The sky is the limit!!!!

Thank you, iceflower, for giving us the article in Nice-Matin and its translation. The title, "Une fine lame", is actually a French expression from fencing, which means skillful, crafty, and exercising good judgment. It was obviously a pun between the blade of a sword (fencing being a highly respected sport forever popular thanks to The Three Musketeers and Cyrano de Bergerac, also always associated, at least in imagination, with aristocracy) and sharp ice-skating blades. I hope I am not sounding pedantic, but Nice-Matin tried hard, I think, to convey the nobility of Alexandra's choice of sport and her special talent for it. (The other association is “un fin limier”, a good hunting dog with a special gift for finding game. Caroline would appreciate the compliment to her daughter.)

It's very nice of Alexandra to do something different from the rest of the family. It includes a bit of ballet like her mother, and gymnastics like her aunt. And to stretch it a bit, there is ice-snow like uncle Albert with bobsleigh and water like cousin Pauline. Or is that too farfetched?

Personally, I find her awfully stiff, but as her coach says, placing her skates right is what matters today. Grace will follow.

It's very nice of Alexandra to do something different from the rest of the family. It includes a bit of ballet like her mother, and gymnastics like her aunt. And to stretch it a bit, there is ice-snow like uncle Albert with bobsleigh and water like cousin Pauline. Or is that too farfetched?

No, that is not farfetched. IT is a very good point, iloveroyals! Ice and snow, ballet, frozen water. Dance/gymnastics?

i can not see the video, what a pity I would like to see her level , is she doing any double?

The problem is that those videos aren't saved in a databank. But at least we
have that nice screenshot :)

Here's another article about Alexandra and her competition, nothing new
inside the article but two nice clear photos are included:

** Så god er Monacos søde skøjteprinsesse ** translation **

Take a look at Alexandra's eyes... So beautiful! I think it's the first time i see the Grimaldis features in her face... :flowers:

Take a look at Alexandra's eyes... So beautiful! I think it's the first time i see the Grimaldis features in her face... :flowers:

Lazuli you are so right and she has Caroline's eyebrow shape as well....I think she is going to be a stunner as well!;)

She is growing up very fast and turning into a beautiful girl :)

I think it's really nice that she's taken interest in this sport. And it's nice that it's different from what Charlotte's been doing. I just wonder if her height will get in the away. I mean, she's pretty tall, I think and she'll probably be taller than her mom and her sister.

I think it's really nice that she's taken interest in this sport. And it's nice that it's different from what Charlotte's been doing. I just wonder if her height will get in the away. I mean, she's pretty tall, I think and she'll probably be taller than her mom and her sister.

Agree! It's nice to see that the sisters have different sports interests. It is a mark of their personalities, both original and unique. And it's wise of P. Caroline to encourage both girls individuality. Plus, these differences promote complementarity between them :flowers::flowers::flowers:

I can see a resemblance to Charlotte in those pics. There is something.
It seems to me like she is doing ice dancing as well as as the figure skating? What does everyone think????

It seems to me like she is doing ice dancing as well as as the figure skating? What does everyone think????

I can imagine that it's an approach to introduce children to both of the two
sports and to arouse interest and fun for both, it's surely an advantage if
you are equally trained.

Here's one of the pics in a very nice size!

I can see a resemblance to Charlotte in those pics. There is something.

Techinically speaking, ice dancing is accomplished with a partner and is different from pair skating because the emphasis is more on the dance aspect where the partners are not supposed to be separated by two arms length, and that it does not permit jumps nor throws. I haven't seen a pic with her next to a partner doing dance choreography, so I think she's not doing ice dancing. At least in the events she was photographed in.

I think that she's doing individual figure skating, and in that picture where she is fuchsia top, shorts and checkered hat, it might be a very creative and modern program which incorporates some funky dance and costume. The moves that she was photographed in in the glittery black costume are definitely figure skating elements.

Great pics! :)

I see more & more of Princess Caroline's features in her as she matures, a lovely combination of both her parents, they must be so proud of their bundle of joy! :flowers:

Great finding, thanks a lot, Nathalie Cox!

I like the fact that they are not making any difference having a special pupil
among them, she's simply one of them, photographed like any other girl or
boy of the class. And Alexadra is natural and relaxed.

Profimedia had the pics as well, two more pics showed that sciences and the
Mediterranean Sea are some main educational contents there, just like Monaco's
sovereign wants it :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom