Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6: May 2006 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love the two images in "Billet Bladet" - she's a real performer!!

12 of 28 are very good results!! 27 of 35 is not bad either. Good for her! Go Alexandra!!

Hello
I just noticed taht Alex's official surname is "De Hanovre"! I did not know that dynasty's name was this. I thought it was Brunswig or something else but not the place's name.

ALL RIGHT! :cool:

Figure skating is my forte, so to see little Princess Alexandra take part in my favorite sport is a blessing. *bows head* ;)

Seriously, it does my heart good to see little Alexandra out there with her cronies, taking part in such a lovely glamorous sport, complete with fabulous costumes, athletic prowess, balletic grace, and drama galore! It's a mind field, like golf, more of a mental game than anything else.

Here's to looking forward to seeing how she does in the years ahead! :cheers:

I think all of the royal family have guts to get out there and compete in the public eye; especially in non-team sports. It's hard enough to learn a sport without the whole world watching you.

True, I agree with everything you stated, FanofMonaco.

In fact I've been trying to drag my memory to see if anybody famous, either by birth or accomplishment, has competed in a high profile sport on the big stage, and the only one I can recall is Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell's son, Wyatt, whom is a professional hockey player.

To add pressure upon pressure one has to have a mind of steel. My hat goes off to not only Alexandra, but also her sister Charlotte, and cousin Pauline. :)

Hello
I just noticed taht Alex's official surname is "De Hanovre"! I did not know that dynasty's name was this. I thought it was Brunswig or something else but not the place's name.

It may not be her "offiicial" name- She is Princess Alexandra of Hanover translated into Princesse Alexandra de Hanovre in French. It may be used the way Prince Albert uses de Monaco as his "last name", when it's really Grimaldi.

"Alexandra de Hanovre" is what she is called in French references because Hanovre is just the French spelling of Hanover, which is Hannover in its German (and, oddly enough, Spanish) spelling. Yes, Spanish media, I've noticed, always use the original German spelling with the two n's. But French media, and Monegasque, always spell it Hanovre. So that's why Alexandra is known that way in Monaco. I believe she probably spells it like this privately too, because she is Monegasque/French from her upbringing, culturally, even if she isn't actually Monegasque in a strict sense. She may be Austrian born, but she has grown up in a suburb of Paris, and now in Monaco, so really, she must identify mostly as a French/Monegasque.

Omgosh, thanks so much for these pics! :flowers:

In the first one little Alexandra still has the face of a beautiful angelic child, but then in the following ones I was shocked to see how looooooooooong her legs are! :ohmy:

She's definitely going to be taller than her big sis imho, which surprises me as I didn't realize Prince Ernst August of Hannover was that tall? Because obviously she gets her height from the German side of her family, considering her eldest half-brother Prince Ernst Jr. is talll, like 6'4" or something? He towers over his father and brother. Hmmm, I guess it just depends really. Because now that I think of it Stefano was no shrimp either, about as tall as Prince Ernst August Sr., yet only Pierre seems to be over 6'1" tall imho. Either way it will be interesting to see just how tall little Alexandra will become... :)

Also, I say here & now that the Princess will be a heartbreaker like her older sis, just in a different way. Whereas Charlotte is more of an exotic beauty with modelesque features, I see little Alexandra becoming a beauty more in the vein of Lady Diana Spencer, an English Rose. :rose: :heart1:

Lovely pics.
Alexandra is getting prettier and prettier. Also, i know these are just pics, but...she looks so elegant ice skating! She seems to have inherited her mother and grandmother's grace and elegance.

Princess Alexandra has competed in an ice skating competition in Monaco again today, March 10.
Proud mum Princess Caroline watched her and threw flowers on the ice :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

What an exuberant young lady; she just sparkles on the ice. She looks like she performs her jumps very well. Caroline must be so proud of her and looks like she's enjoying every bit of her performance.

Last edited:

Princess Alexandra has competed in an ice skating competition in Monaco again today, March 10.
Proud mum Princess Caroline watched her and threw flowers on the ice :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

P. Alexandra looks so tall in these pictures... :flowers: And by the looks of it, i'd say mother and daughter are having such a good time together... :) ;) :)

I think that people saying that Alexandra will never be attractive are really wrong... She's turning into a beautiful girl.
While looking at these pics, I noticed that Alexandra looked a bit like her cousin Pauline. They have the same smile. Don't you think so?

I agree! Alexandra is turning to a beautiful young lady. And she will become very tall!

She already is beautiful. Those pics from Wenn, show her so very pretty.
I think she'll be more beautiful than Charlotte.
I know, Char has almost a perfect face, very mediterranean, but Alexandra has something in else in her, i don't know.
If anything, i also think that people that say that she is not going to be a beauty, are very wrong.

She already is beautiful. Those pics from Wenn, show her so very pretty.
I think she'll be more beautiful than Charlotte.
I know, Char has almost a perfect face, very mediterranean, but Alexandra has something in else in her, i don't know.
If anything, i also think that people that say that she is not going to be a beauty, are very wrong.

I think that Alexandria 's looks favor her father 's looks more than her mothers looks, a lovely young lady none the less.

:previous:Yes, I've always thought so myself especially around the eyes and the shape of the brows. Her face is fine-boned and you can see her developing maturity. I'm sure she'll be a beauty as well, given her parents' good looks. But she does seem to have a charming and outgoing personality.

Last edited:
i know that folks are doing comparison with caroline's children in regards to alexandra's physical beauty

i must say, that when it comes to personality, charisma and just that lovely spark, alexandra will prolly trump all....

she just seems so approachable and warm-hearted :flowers:

and that to me, is more important

ps. i think she will be a physical beauty anyways

Last edited:
^ It doesn't bring anything more, but it's always nice to read some articles about her! Thank you!
I can't empeach myself to notice the title: as Charlotte with horse riding, Alexandre is introduced to readers as a "championne".
Newspapers has to create perfect images of people to sell more but I really think that it can increase the pression on their shoulders. They should let Alexandra live her sport as she wants, the essentiel is that she seems to have a lot of fun: that's what should have been evoked in the title of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom