Princess Alexandra Current Events 4 : Aug.2005 - Oct.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ianna said:
I think she has been baptized as a protestant.

That makes sense, as the Hanover religious tradition is Protestant. I think it is Lutheran, to be precise, but I'm not sure about that. I never thought about this before, but of course.... Ernst is Protestant, Caroline is Catholic. I doubt this causes much of any problem because neither seems to be particularly religious in their private lives. Still, it's interesting.

Then if Alex was baptized Protestant, she must not have godparents, because Protestant tradition does not include godparents, right? I think the godparents tradition is unique to Catholics, Greek Orthodox, and Russian Orthodox. Am I wrong?

I guess your wrong, I'm not very religious but I'm a protestant and I also have godparents...

tbhrc said:
I guess your wrong, I'm not very religious but I'm a protestant and I also have godparents...

Besides, Protestants are also divided into several denominations, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh yes! the Anglicans and episcopalians (sp?) have the godparent tradition, now I remember. some of the sects of protestantism don't though.

Hey I found this on the internet.

SEPTEMBER 19TH 1999
Princess Alexandra of Hannover was baptized in Grünau/Austria. Her full name is Alexandra Charlotte Ulricke Maria (or Ulrike Maryam) Virginia. Her godparents are:
- Princess Alexandra of Leiningen (her paternal aunt)
- Charlotte Casiraghi (her half-sister)
- Ulrike Umschneider (Nanny of the Princes of Hannover)
- Maryam Sachs
- Virginia Gallico
- George Condo (a painter)
- Eric Maier (skiing-teacher of Caroline's children)

Paris Match and Bunte gave more information on the christening of the little Princess Alexandra von Hannover, which took place on September 19th. She has been baptized as a protestant with the names Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia. Her godmothers were Alexandra Princess zu Leiningen née Princess von Hannover (sister of Ernst August, former sister-in-law of the Begum Inaara), her halfsister Charlotte Casiraghi, Ulrike Umschneider, Maryam Sachs (a Moslem woman) and Virginia Gallico. Godfathers were George Condo and Eric Maier.

Budge x:)

Thanks Budge, I have some more information

Maryam Sachs is a good friend of Caroline and Ernst

Virgina Gallico is the lady-in-waiting

Archbishop Joseph Sardou & Bishop Horst Hirschler (from Hanover) he baptized Alex

dyapte.jpg

Alexandra zu Leiningen (Ernst's sister)

dyapz6.jpg

George Condo - artist from New York

dyaq12.jpg

Maryam Sachs - good friend

dyaq39.jpg

dyarmr.jpg

own collection - Bunte

Very interesting! thanks for the information.:)

tbhrc and budge, thank you for that fascinating info. Great stuff!
The pics of the godparents are very cool too. Ernst's sister is pretty.

Thanx for infos, tbhrc! Now can place a face with name!

ok i am a lutheran and in Denmark we have 1 godparent per child. the godparent is the person who carry the child in the church

betina said:
ok i am a lutheran and in Denmark we have 1 godparent per child. the godparent is the person who carry the child in the church

Thanks for that info, Betina. I didn't know Lutherans have godparents. By the way, I love Crown Prince Frederik! :p

I'm surprised that Alexandra was baptized as a Protestant.

Must be by request of the Hannovers.:confused:

After all, baring a major catastrophe, she has only the very slimest chance of being Princess of Monaco. One Princess title is enough for someone so sweet like her!

Ann

is she starting the school or kindergarden?:confused:

She is in her sixth year. While there isn't exactly a kindergarten level in French education (which I believe Monaco follows), Alex must be receiving some kind of prep from a private tutor.

The trio were very ready when they entered formal school.

A question is whether Alex will go to public school in Germany or France or a private school elsewhere?

Ann

I take it that Alexandra is going to school in Paris as that if where the family is based. Does anybody know if this is the case?

tigerlilly2005 said:
alexandra started the school in france

How do you know that she's already starting school???:confused:

The family actually resides in Fontainebleau, which is very near Paris. The trio went to school in Fontainebleau. I'm sure Alex will too. her kindergarten is undoubtedly a nice one close to her house.

photofan said:
How do you know that she's already starting school???:confused:

because she´s 6 years old.and all kids in the age of 6 have to start school in france.

Wow,great pics, thanks Towsend. It seems little Alex really had fun on the boat.

Big thanks for rare pics Towsend !!
Alexandra is so funny and cute !!!:p

Great photos, Townsend! So much fun going on on Pacha..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom