Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 9: May 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the sunglasses were cute on the Princely twins,they really made todays photos such fun!

The children are dressed way beyond their years here and I don't like it at all. Very Hollywood looking and not appropriate for royal/princely children attending a formal event IMO.

Lovely to see the family together and the twins are beyond cute - I just love their interaction with each other.

I can see that the sunglasses are fun and I love the pics of Gabriella with her bouquet, she is very taken with it.

That said, I have to agree that I find their outfits a bit "Hollywood" and a bit "common" for want of a better word.

The children are dressed way beyond their years here and I don't like it at all. Very Hollywood looking and not appropriate for royal/princely children attending a formal event IMO.
I agree. They're being dressed as mini-adults. I wouldn't say it's Hollywood, more parents who are projecting onto their children. I see it all over Instagram.

I like the second, Princess Gabriella is a little grain of salt, so funny and so at ease

It was during the inauguration of the 'promenade Princess Charlene'

i like that expression "a grain of salt" :flowers:

Great to see the family, Monaco and it's RF are obviously floureshing :flowers:

An another video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuM1nJ5nBen/

The two little rockers of the principauty
P Charlene likes to break the codes of the royal fashion for her and her children and it is good, here, it is a fresh air on the royal laws , we like or not

I love the dress of gabriella , it looks like the dress of Princess grace when she met P Rainer the first times

The kids had to be dressed as kids. I love to see old Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre' pictures when they were 3,4,5 years old. Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques are 4 years old now and they have to be dressed like kids of 4 years old. That's my point of view.

I'd say it's a rock style and I like it overall, understand it as a concept, but Gabriella's dress doesn't fit it at all.

It seems it is the 25th anniversary of something, may it be the Louis II Stadium being home of AS Monaco?

Last edited:
It strikes me what good fortune it is that there is such a strong bond between Albert and his siblings and their respective families who frequently accompany him on engagements. Otherwise there would likely to be more comments about the number of engagements he performs without his consort.
T

It strikes me what good fortune it is that there is such a strong bond between Albert and his siblings and their respective families who frequently accompany him on engagements. Otherwise there would likely to be more comments about the number of engagements he performs without his consort.
T

Yes he is lucky to have a pool of family members available seeing as his consort is missing 99% of the time .

Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie seem to have a strong bond.

Yes he is lucky to have a pool of family members available seeing as his consort is missing 99% of the time .

Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie seem to have a strong bond.

His wife has gone from doing little to almost nothing at all now. Don't know why she married him.

His wife has gone from doing little to almost nothing at all now. Don't know why she married him.
To have legitimate heirs of his own branch.IMO
He needs someone docile enough to fade in the background after the birth of the heirs. He doesn’t need a princess. Hes got his sisters.

Last edited:

Sophie, it's the same question I have. Why She married him? Who knows....

Charlene lived a quite long relationship with prince Albert before they got married and she should have gain a full conscience about the exact requirements of her future job.... We cannot say she realized after. Unless it was a kind of agreement between them I find quite unfair that she literally leaves him alone to his tasks. Of course he has his sisters but he needs his wife in his side.

To have legitimate heirs of his own branch.IMO
He needs someone docile enough to fade in the background after the birth of the heirs. He doesn’t need a princess. Hes got his sisters.

Seems a shame though. Most monarchs/Princes/Heirs and Spares seem to enjoy having someone to lean on with the workload in public and private and not just siblings. Maybe there's a reason or maybe it really does work for them but it does seem a bit odd she's rarely with him yet can make all these solo trips herself.

Why would he want a wife/consort to fade into the background?

Charlene lived a quite long relationship with prince Albert before they got married and she should have gain a full conscience about the exact requirements of her future job.... We cannot say she realized after. Unless it was a kind of agreement between them I find quite unfair that she literally leaves him alone to his tasks. Of course he has his sisters but he needs his wife in his side.

Completly agree with you!

He always looked a bit lonely doing his engagements before he was married. It's ridiculous that he has a wife and is STILL on his own.

I have often wondered if the Prince’s sisters had something to do with Princess Charlene not always being present at events. The sisters have stood in as a wife substitute for so long they might not want to have given up what should have been a temporary position. They may have voiced their view enough that Charlene just let them have their way. They may have ‘hounded’ Albert enough too, that Charlene did not feel the bickering and arguing over this was as important as her life with Albert and the children. IMOO I do not see a lot of friendliness between Princess Charlene and the sisters. I often felt that Caroline thought the crown would pass onto her oldest child until the marriage of Albert when that hope was squashed....then even more the hope was squashed with the birth of the twins. That is just MOO.

Or the other way around: why did He married her??? :ermm: My guess is that needing a wife , he went for the nearest woman who ressembled his mother… A woman who stood ( at counted occasions ) by him, who wouldn't do much of a fuss about anything, give the principality an heir and let him carry on with his life the way he chooses… :ohmy:

Or the other way around: why did He married her??? :ermm: My guess is that needing a wife , he went for the nearest woman who ressembled his mother… A woman who stood ( at counted occasions ) by him, who wouldn't do much of a fuss about anything, give the principality an heir and let him carry on with his life the way he chooses… :ohmy:
Charlene does absolutely not looks than Princess Grace. Neither to her delicate and timeless beauty nor to her behavior as a princess. Late Princess Grace despite she was only 26 years old and coming from another world and lifestyle, took immediately her role and fulfilled all the related obligations. Nothing similar to Charlenes behavior.

I have often wondered if the Prince’s sisters had something to do with Princess Charlene not always being present at events. The sisters have stood in as a wife substitute for so long they might not want to have given up what should have been a temporary position. They may have voiced their view enough that Charlene just let them have their way. They may have ‘hounded’ Albert enough too, that Charlene did not feel the bickering and arguing over this was as important as her life with Albert and the children. IMOO I do not see a lot of friendliness between Princess Charlene and the sisters. I often felt that Caroline thought the crown would pass onto her oldest child until the marriage of Albert when that hope was squashed....then even more the hope was squashed with the birth of the twins. That is just MOO.
There was plenty of evidence that Albert's sisters went out of their way to be welcoming. It's only in recent years, with the increasing disappearance of Charlene from public life that the relationship seemed to cool.

I think the sisters are quite happy with their respective workloads and Caroline has been on record many times over the years as saying she never expected to have the role she did. I really don't understand why people assume she is lying.

If she had ambitions for Andrea she should have provided with a different education - one that prepared him to lead Monaco. As she isn't a stupid woman and she brought him as a private citizen, albeit a very privileged one, I'm pretty certain that she had absolutely no desire to see him as the Prince of Monaco.

As for Charlene and Albert's arrangement I think it suits them both. He has his heir and spare and can carry on doing his thing and she turns up for the odd key event. I don't think it's what he originally thought his marriage would be, I suspect he was hoping for a partnership like his parents - but it's what he's (they've) ended up with and they make it work for them. Personally, I still think she's a pretty useless Princess Consort who can barely conceal her contempt for her adopted country. The person she presents to the public now is not who she used to be - maybe the criticism, the goldfish bowl lifestyle, the homesickness have all played their part in bringing her to this point. JMO, of course.

There was plenty of evidence that Albert's sisters went out of their way to be welcoming. It's only in recent years, with the increasing disappearance of Charlene from public life that the relationship seemed to cool.

I think the sisters are quite happy with their respective workloads and Caroline has been on record many times over the years as saying she never expected to have the role she did. I really don't understand why people assume she is lying.

If she had ambitions for Andrea she should have provided with a different education - one that prepared him to lead Monaco. As she isn't a stupid woman and she brought him as a private citizen, albeit a very privileged one, I'm pretty certain that she had absolutely no desire to see him as the Prince of Monaco.

As for Charlene and Albert's arrangement I think it suits them both. He has his heir and spare and can carry on doing his thing and she turns up for the odd key event. I don't think it's what he originally thought his marriage would be, I suspect he was hoping for a partnership like his parents - but it's what he's (they've) ended up with and they make it work for them. Personally, I still think she's a pretty useless Princess Consort who can barely conceal her contempt for her adopted country. The person she presents to the public now is not who she used to be - maybe the criticism, the goldfish bowl lifestyle, the homesickness have all played their part in bringing her to this point. JMO, of course.

I agree with you Florestane. Princess Caroline disappeared from the Monaco public life except for Le Bal de la Rose and the National Day. Stephanie is attending the Circus events only. Princess Caroline and Stephanie left all the light to the Princess Consort. What a shame.

Prince Albert will welcome Chinese President Xi Jinping for a state visit to Monaco on March 24. Xi Jinping will make a series of state visits to Italy, Monaco and France from March 21 to 26, source.

Prince Albert will welcome Chinese President Xi Jinping for a state visit to Monaco on March 24. Xi Jinping will make a series of state visits to Italy, Monaco and France from March 21 to 26, source.

Right, it dosn't get much bigger than the President of China on a state visit. SURELY Charlene will be there to greet him with Albert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom