Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6: June 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 6 of the thread to discuss the current events of the Princely Family of Monaco.

You can find the old thread here:
Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 5

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.
Happy Posting!:flowers:

MONACO - JUNE 23: Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) Princess Alexandra of Hanover (C) and Princess Caroline of Hanover (R) attend the Fetes de la St Jean celebrations on June 19, 2010 in Monaco, Monaco. Prince Albert announced earlier today his engagement with Charlene Wittstock.

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9*

IBL

^Those pictures are precious! Esp. the ones where Alexandra has her arms linked with Albert's and Caroline's. :wub:

I love the pics w/Alexandra's arms wrapped around both uncle and mom!

Alexandra is such a sweet girl. Love the pics!

Alex is beauteous in these pics. The 1st pic if my favorite. She looks like little Char right there! Alex is Caro's baby child. I think Caro will resist letting this one grow up! :D

I admit I am pretty shocked by the engagement. I'm sure I should have seen it coming. I figured it would happen eventually. But it's still a surprise.

I love Alexandra! She will be stunning when she grows up.

That's a much better balcony than the window they use on National Day :lol:

Caroline looks very happy for Albert

Caroline looks great with a tan, that is the best I have seen her look in a long time.

Opening of the Buddha Bar in Monte Carlo with Prince Albert of Monaco and Caroline of Hanover

http://i47.tinypic.com/293av82.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/hwbxux.jpg

Profimedia

Since the engagment we have not seen Charlene, I wouldve expected her to attened a few more events since they are now engaged.

and a few pictures via belga

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

I'm trying to think carefully about this... a high end bar in a country famous for gambling and being a haven to the super-rich decorated with a Buddhist theme...yeah, I could imagine some devout Buddhists being offended by this. From what I understand the "Enlightened One" wasn't big on lavish living and excessive drinking.
:ermm:

:monacoflag:

I kind of wondered about that also. It does seem disrespectful. Usually Monaco seems very sensitive to those kinds of things. Maybe it is run by Buddists or at least okayed by them. I was in a restaurant in San Francisco that was run by Buddist monks.

Alex is beauteous in these pics. The 1st pic if my favorite. She looks like little Char right there! :D QUOTE]

Very much so. In the last one too.

The shot where she's linked arms with Albert and Caroline at the same time is terrific. Pictures like that make me feel like I can't help but love the Grimaldi's. Caroline's such a great mom and Alex clearly loves her uncle a lot.

Caroline is so elegant as usual. In one pic she reminds me of her mother!

Oh I wish i could see them bigger, those are very nice pics. Thanks rereh for posting the link :flowers:

I like seeing Alexandra here, she is really pretty and similar to her father. Caroline is glowing, being away from E-A seems good for her.:lol: Albert is gloomy, in some of pics he seems to force himself to smile. Weird for a man who just announced engagement.
Some pics say event was on 19th, but 23rd was the correct date for celebration. OK, I'am boring this those dates.;)

I'm trying to think carefully about this... a high end bar in a country famous for gambling and being a haven to the super-rich decorated with a Buddhist theme...yeah, I could imagine some devout Buddhists being offended by this. From what I understand the "Enlightened One" wasn't big on lavish living and excessive drinking.
:ermm:

:monacoflag:

My thoughts exactly. How many would be insulted to see a "JC" bar that offer "lamb of G" martinis?

Nice to see Madame Gallico, PA's "Dame d'honneur", in the line-up!

Alexandra dancing! I love it!
And, is it me, or she even looks elegant dancing? She inherited her mom class!

Taking in the the mad party of Saint Jean! Or as we call it, San Juan! Nothing like bonfires and fireworks and... alcohol. :lol: ;) Alex looks great! Such a carefree little kid. Must be difficult to keep her that way, given who she is. Thanks rerehh! :D

Alexandra is adorable.:flowers: She seems very spontaneous and joyful girl.

Alexandra seems to be having a blast since she moved to Monaco. Figure skating, tennis, partying, always a smile on her face.

Thanks for the photos.... I really love the way of Alexandra... she is really cute and joyful girl !!

On June 23, Prince Albert and Princess Caroline also handed out the
traditional prizes of the Monegasque language competition at the
Court of Honour of the City Council in Monaco.

The competition is organized annually by the Monaco Town Hall in
collaboration with the faculties Monegasque language and history of
Monaco. It's divided into two parts - written and oral tests for the
competing students.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here's a gallery of pics of the inauguration of the Buddha Bar on June 24:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Prince Albert II Inaugurates The Buddha Bar **

US group ZZ Top and US singer songwriter and musician Iggy Pop pose
with Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee Charlene Wittstock before
giving an open-air concert, in front of The Princely Palace of Monaco,
Monday, July 5, 2010, in Monaco.

What a night in Monaco! :)