Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6: June 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at these photos i can't help noticing that the great majority of the people attending the event are elderly and, though i've also noticed that there were children too ( but no teens or young adults... ), it makes me wonder... Is the percentage of the older monegasques bigger than the percentage of young monegasques? Could it be that the monegasques are getting older and older, unable to do the necessary renewal of the generations??? :ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

I think the main reason for that mixture of elderly people and children attending such
an event is a quite simple one. These two groups are those who are mainly attracted
by a traditional festivity. Teenagers and the younger generation in general are often
not that interested in folklore events..;)

This always looks such a lovely, relaxed event - it would be sad to think that young Monegasque parents may not carry on the tradition in the future.
Although Charlene has looked very good in recent appearances I didn't think that the solid black maxi dress was a good choice for this occasion.

This always looks such a lovely, relaxed event - it would be sad to think that young Monegasque parents may not carry on the tradition in the future.
Although Charlene has looked very good in recent appearances I didn't think that the solid black maxi dress was a good choice for this occasion.

I agree 100%. We'll have to see as years go by. Perhaps if the Casiraghi kids ever attend or when Prince Albert and Charlene's kids get old enough to attend that will change.

Loved the pictures, the family, the event. I like this tradition of sharing with their citizens. The all looked lovely.

I was reading Nice-Matin article about picnic and it does not say that Charlene got standing ovations or that she spoke French-she was only greeting people-what a difference than conversing with people. So it is a little bit different than summary provided by one of our posters who said CW had standing ovations or she was speaking French. :ermm:
BTW-lets look at pics - we can see PA standing and and people clap and CW seems clap too-so it was Albert who got ovations- hey, Monegasques like him.:flowers:

BTW Melanie dress was too short for this occasion. Charlene looked just bad: strapless dress while she also knew she would go to the Mass?:ohmy: Oh, this dress looks identical like a greenish dress she was wearing a month ago in Graceland, USA, just different color.:ermm:
CW seemed not smile like others, like usually she seemed not there, uncomfortable and her smile looked more like a smirk. :whistling: So weird.

Lakshmi, I guess melina premiere made a very free translation of the
article, mistakes can easily slip in in such cases. Applause is quite
normal at an event where members of royal or princely families attend,
in this particular case the applause followed the speech of the canon
who among other things said that it was nice that Prince Albert had
brought his fiancee with him. That's the part of the text that seems
to have let to that wrong translation..

I was reading Nice-Matin article about picnic and it does not say that Charlene got standing ovations or that she spoke French-she was only greeting people-what a difference than conversing with people. So it is a little bit different than summary provided by one of our posters who said CW had standing ovations or she was speaking French. :ermm:
BTW-lets look at pics - we can see PA standing and and people clap and CW seems clap too-so it was Albert who got ovations- hey, Monegasques like him.:flowers:

BTW Melanie dress was too short for this occasion. Charlene looked just bad: strapless dress while she also knew she would go to the Mass?:ohmy: Oh, this dress looks identical like a greenish dress she was wearing a month ago in Graceland, USA, just different color.:ermm:
CW seemed not smile like others, like usually she seemed not there, uncomfortable and her smile looked more like a smirk. :whistling: So weird.
i have to agree with you about Charlene come on woman you are going to be first lady and princess it is about bloody time dress like one i have not seen princess Mary dress like that on official event cover up and wear that to church please no one want to see the boo of their leader wife put all those skimp out fit out Caroline was wearing a better clothes than that. all i am saying is she does not have to only look nice at rose ball she can do better i would hate to see her standing next to Queen of England wearing a strapless grown which i am afraid it will happen if she does not stop all this strapless,tube top,open back,Mimi dress please cover up look at your peers .(the other crown princess) cover up:bang:

I agree that the fashion choice could have been much better.

But another translation aspect: they did not go into a church, there
were speeches held and one was made by a canon, but outside in
that Princess Antoinette Park, it's not been a mass inside a church!

For further fashion discussions the following thread should be used:

** Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2010 - **

In previous years (and probably today also) the Canon performed an open-air Mass.

This implies a degree of informality on the part of the main "performers" which includes more casual dress.

The other aspect to bear in mind is PA's "threat" :) that his and CW's marriage will be an unconventional one - or words to that effect.

Obviously one would think there would have to be restrictions to that..... but PA is "top dog" when all is said and done, and he will stipulate the degree of formality or otherwise.

In previous years (and probably today also) the Canon performed an open-air Mass.

This implies a degree of informality on the part of the main "performers" which includes more casual dress.

The other aspect to bear in mind is PA's "threat" :) that his and CW's marriage will be an unconventional one - or words to that effect.

Obviously one would think there would have to be restrictions to that..... but PA is "top dog" when all is said and done, and he will stipulate the degree of formality or otherwise.

What does that mean, actually???
Seem like he is already downplaying CW role in the future:ermm:

I think it was a one-liner - sorry I can't find it at the moment.
But I don't think he's downplaying CW's role - probably more on the lines of achieving more freedom and autonomy for both of them.

Have PA ever said that his marriage with CW will unconventional one?:ermm:
I hope he does not mean open marriage.:eek: This relationship has been so unconventional from the begging that I even doubted (and not only me:p) if it was real. It has been reported -articles and pics= that Albert had been cheating on Charlene since 2006.:whistling: I think many posters, especially Monaco Royals watches, remember those facts reported here and on other royal boards.:neutral:

This is where the "unconventional" may come in...... it's possible that PA and CW may prefer an "open" marriage. If so, they are not breaking any laws, and I'm sure the Monégasques know their prince and his many relationships with young(er) girls and women.

The 50th Anniversary of the Maritime Police of Monaco:

PA and Charlotte Casiraghi attended this event yesterday

Charlotte is the Patroness of the Public Safety; its director André Muhlberger gave a speech and referred to the willingness of the sovereign Princes who have looked after Monaco's rights and duties in regard of the maritime environment around Monaco.

Police maritime : quel cinquantenaire ! | nicematin.com

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks weird in uniform. Why is she wearing it?

PA made her or maybe the police department gave her an honorary uniform. It would have been rude not to wear it. She seems to be slowly taking on more duties.

Those are adorable.
I wonder what was happening in the photo with Alex with her hands by her ears...what the conversation was...?

Hopefully, as time goes on, and Charlene becomes an official member of the Princely family as PA's wife, we'll see more touching moments like these.

Also note: Elisabeth-Anne, Albert and Caro are in the first photo as well.

Pity they didn't include Mélanie de Lusignan ..... :-(

Those are adorable.
I wonder what was happening in the photo with Alex with her hands by her ears...what the conversation was...?

Hopefully, as time goes on, and Charlene becomes an official member of the Princely family as PA's wife, we'll see more touching moments like these.

Also note: Elisabeth-Anne, Albert and Caro are in the first photo as well.

Yes... and they look lovely together, especially the ladies!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:
As for Melanie, she could use some fashion and some style lessons with her cousin Charlotte... :ermm::ermm::ermm:

PA made her or maybe the police department gave her an honorary uniform. It would have been rude not to wear it. She seems to be slowly taking on more duties.

Yes, it's very nice to see one of the Casi siblings assuming official responsabilities in the monegasque public life. Despite of P.Albert's future marrige i still think that the Casiraghi's will have a decisive role in the principality's future. :crown4: :crown4: :crown4:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for the additional pics, rerehh! :flowers:

Here's an additional pic of Prince Albert and Charlotte Casiraghi at the anniversary of
the Maritime Police in Monaco yesterday, September 7:

Pic - September 7

Last edited:
^Thanks ;)
Guys, i'm sorry, i know i've said this before, but i don't know what the hell is going on with tinypic and me,i can see pictures uploaded there!
And i looked up in Hola and couldn't find anything, so i can't see the pics rerehh posted gently :(

I think it was a one-liner - sorry I can't find it at the moment.
But I don't think he's downplaying CW's role - probably more on the lines of achieving more freedom and autonomy for both of them.

I think what he said, some years ago, was a throw away comment that his wife would not necessarilyhave to perform the more traditional roles of a Princess. I took it to mean that she would not have to limit herself to charity galas and handing out prizes but could venture into other areas if she chose to. I don't think Charlene was a fixture in his life at that time and of course his sisters were already filling most of the roles usually associated with a Consort. I dont believe his comments had anything to do with marital fidelity or open marriages.

I saw the Hola pics in other forums. My God, Alexandra has inherited all her mother's charisma! She is the cutest kid ever! So pretty :)

Yes... and they look lovely together, especially the ladies!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers:
As for Melanie, she could use some fashion and some style lessons with her cousin Charlotte... :ermm::ermm::ermm:

Yes, it's very nice to see one of the Casi siblings assuming official responsabilities in the monegasque public life. Despite of P.Albert's future marrige i still think that the Casiraghi's will have a decisive role in the principality's future. :crown4: :crown4: :crown4:

I agree. Especially, if PA and Charlene have children, and even if PA lives to be his father's age, they'll still be fairly young and the Casiraghi kids have been "training" too long for their roles in Monaco. Their future roles will just be "different" from what we all originally expected before the announcement of the engagement.
As for Melanie getting fashion advice from Charlotte-YES, most definitely. It would be nice to see.

So glad to see that, unlike her father, Alexandra has an affectionate nature and is a cheerful girl: she must have taken after Stephanie.

So glad to see that, unlike her father, Alexandra has an affectionate nature and is a cheerful girl: she must have taken after Stephanie.

She must have taken after her parents, brothers and sister, who are very caring with her.

Rerehh- From where are those pictures you posted through tinypics with Charlene and Alexxandra hugging each other? They must be old, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom