The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Thank you Nathalie for the article but I don't understand very much
It's about port wine? Can you translate a bit?

Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yup, sorry i didn't have the time to translate it, lol.
I don't understand too much, as it's in portuguese, but it seems that the three went to Portugal for a enthronization ceremony in which they would be honorary members of some Wine brotherhood/community. After that, Albert and Charlene will go to a private lunch with the foreign minister George Sandeman in Caves Ramos Pinto.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Photos of Portugal

Lux - Alberto e Charlene do Mónaco entronizados pela Confraria do Vinho do Porto

A video of the intronisation of Albert, Charlene and pierre, I hope it will work
http://www.vox.com.pt/noticia-detalh...esa-Charl%E8ne

Other video
Príncipes do Mónaco entronizados pela Confraria do Vinho do Porto - SIC Notícias

A other video where we see also Pierre

Príncipes do Mónaco entronizados pela Confraria do Vinho do Porto - JN
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the translation.
I had no idea Pierre was that tall. He must be at least 1,90m - 1,95m.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Administrator

This pic of the ceremony itself is a nice and special one

** abola.pt: Alberto e Charlene entronizados pela Confraria do Vinho do Porto ** translation **
Old 05-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, i always suspected Pierre has to be 1,90 m. He is a little bit taller than Andrea, who is a little bit taller than Albert.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post

A video of the intronisation of Albert, Charlene and pierre, I hope it will work
http://www.vox.com.pt/noticia-detalh...esa-Charl%E8ne

Melina, thanks for posting that. I especially like when Albert and Charlene are in profile. They look so regal!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes KittyAtlanta, I like also Albert and Charlene in profile

other photos

MYROYALS: PR
Old 05-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Courtier

All three of them look great with this red coats and the black hats!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

From Caras:
Alberto e Charlene do Mónaco no Porto - Caras.pt

Video from RTP:
http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php...=122&visual=61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
but it seems that the three went to Portugal for a enthronization ceremony in which they would be honorary members of some Wine brotherhood/community. After that, Albert and Charlene will go to a private lunch with the foreign minister George Sandeman in Caves Ramos Pinto.
It's the brotherhood of Port Wine (a sweet, fortified wine produced in the oldest defined wine region in the world, the Douro Valley, in Northern Portugal).
After the entronization ceremony in Porto, they had lunch in Ramos Pinto's wine case, in Vila Nova de Gaia. George Sandeman is not minister; he's just the Chairman of Sandeman wine company and chanceller of the Port Wine Brotherhood.

People who attended the dinner enhanced the Princes' informality, and seemed well impressed with that.

BTW - The patron of the Port Wine Brotherhood is Prince Henry the Navigator and the hat worn by the confrères is inspired by the one worn by this Prince, who was an important figure in the Portuguese overseas exploration
http://www.ivdp.pt/pagina.asp?idioma=1&codPag=92&
Old 05-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Yes KittyAtlanta, I like also Albert and Charlene in profile

other photos

MYROYALS: PR
The pictures are great. This is a serious business. It reminds me of university graduation (minus the cool hats).
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
From Caras:
Alberto e Charlene do Mónaco no Porto - Caras.pt

Video from RTP:
Confraria do Vinho do Porto entroniza Príncipe Alberto e Princesa Charlène - Cultura - Notícias - RTP

It's the brotherhood of Port Wine (a sweet, fortified wine produced in the oldest defined wine region in the world, the Douro Valley, in Northern Portugal).
After the entronization ceremony in Porto, they had lunch in Ramos Pinto's wine case, in Vila Nova de Gaia. George Sandeman is not minister; he's just the Chairman of Sandeman wine company and chanceller of the Port Wine Brotherhood.

People who attended the dinner enhanced the Princes' informality, and seemed well impressed with that.

BTW - The patron of the Port Wine Brotherhood is Prince Henry the Navigator and the hat worn by the confrères is inspired by the one worn by this Prince, who was an important figure in the Portuguese overseas exploration
Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e Porto&
Thanks for the explanation! I used google translator but we all know how that translator works, lol
Old 05-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Alberto y Charlene de Mónaco, dos cofrades con 'glamour'
I don't know well spanish but according to "Hola" prince and princess went to Oporto to assist to the ceremony of "Hermandad del vino de Oporto".
Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some photos of Albert and Charlene in Portugal:
Noblesse & Royautés » Albert et Charlène de Monaco au Portugal
Old 05-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Here are two more picture galleries of the events in Portugal last week:

** purepeople: Le prince Albert et Charlene, 'Cancelario' et 'Infançao' fans du Porto ! **

** BB: Albert og Charlene bliver optaget i portvins broderskab **
Old 05-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Prince Albert, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy and Mélanie attended a charity dinner organised by the Prince Albert II
of Monaco Foundation and the William J. Clinton Foundation at Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo on May 23, 2012.
Bill Clinton was therefore present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/reuters/daylife gallery **
Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope it was a better party than the one for Clinton in London last night. Guests called it the worst party ever.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Prince Albert, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy and Mélanie attended a charity dinner organised by the Prince Albert II
of Monaco Foundation and the William J. Clinton Foundation at Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo on May 23, 2012.
Bill Clinton was therefore present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/reuters/daylife gallery **
Albert seems to have a warm relationship with his cousin Elisabéth and her daughter.Its nice to see them altogether!
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Royal Highness

And where is P. Charlene? Shouldn't Her Highness bbe by Monseigneur's side in such an occasion?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Spletnik - Nights In Monaco