The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy and Mélanie de Massy attended
the annual IIont Award Monegasque language competition in Monaco on June 23, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wonder if Charlene understood anything of what's been said?
This was after or before St Jean? She is wearing the same clothes.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts relating to Albert, Charlotte, Caroline and Charlene at the International Jumping de Monte Carlo have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-12359-26.html .

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

It was after the St Jean procession. Charlene understood the french language but it is not enough to answer to an interview, It is said that she learn monegash language and to go to this event, it is the best way to learn a language.
Prince Albert and Charlène talk always in the english language. Prince Albert has somme problems when he speak french it seems that in english his problems go away.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

You're right, Melina...
Although PA speaks American English more or less fluently, he hesitates or stumbles a lot. Apparently this happens more so when he speaks French. Most of us "spectators" have seen this happen lots of times.

He was (and still is ?) a shy young boy - and happier in the company of females.
That hasn't changed, and I still feel sorry for him.
Whether CW will be able to help him - who can tell ?
Old 06-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

His stuttering is much better than when he was in his twenties. Maybe he is more relaxed now. It's tough when your job entails public speaking. I respect him for not letting it control his life.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Can anyone tell me if the Monegasque dialect has a written form, such as the Alsatian dialect? Usually dialects have only an oral tradition. If so the only way to learn them is to hear them spoken in the family or mix up with the locals, but Charlene hasn't been pictured yet while shopping at the market place like Pss. Grace did.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-27924-18.html
(PA, CW, EA de Massy and M de Massy present at the prizegiving

http://assembly.coe.int/Documents/Wo.../EDOC12422.pdf
Council of Europe: The European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages

Monégasque dialect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A comprehensive article on Munegascu....

Ligurian: Monegasque language
Ligurian / Monegasque - ISO Language code: Ligurian and Genoese

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mon%C3...10474218981219
Old 06-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
You're right, Melina...
Although PA speaks American English more or less fluently, he hesitates or stumbles a lot. Apparently this happens more so when he speaks French. Most of us "spectators" have seen this happen lots of times.

He was (and still is ?) a shy young boy - and happier in the company of females.
That hasn't changed, and I still feel sorry for him.
Whether CW will be able to help him - who can tell ?
His father always spoke to him in French. Maybe he was a little intimidated by his father growing up, because Rainier was stricter with him than with his daughters...thus the stuttering in that language?

Grace only spoke to him in English. He had a very close bond with her and was perhaps more relaxed around her.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
His father always spoke to him in French. Maybe he was a little intimidated by his father growing up, because Rainier was stricter with him than with his daughters...thus the stuttering in that language?

Grace only spoke to him in English. He had a very close bond with her and was perhaps more relaxed around her.
My thoughts exaclty, dear. But he's defintely bilingual.
I'm wondering..do such people who learnt to speak 2 languages while growing - both of them- perfectly (as far as i'm concerned), feel both of these languages to be their mother tongue? In which language do they make their thoughts? hmm..
Old 06-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
My thoughts exaclty, dear. But he's defintely bilingual.
I'm wondering..do such people who learnt to speak 2 languages while growing - both of them- perfectly (as far as i'm concerned), feel both of these languages to be their mother tongue? In which language do they make their thoughts? hmm..
Well, they have a favorite language. My cousins are perfectly bilingual, but they prefer to speak Italian than English in their household, so I guess they think in Italian as well... Albert is more relaxed when speaking English, but according to an interview Pr. Rainier gave many years ago the trio speak French among themselves.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Aha, now i see.. Thank you for this information :)
Old 08-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert and Andrea watching a game in Stadium Louis II:

Andrea Casiraghi soutient son oncle le prince Albert... qui soutient l'AS Monaco
Old 09-07-2011, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Prince Albert and Princess Caroline visited the exhibition of British photographer Nick Danziger at
'Quai antoine 1er' in Monaco, 6 September, 2011. The exhibition "War and Peace, Women in the
XXI Century" presents pictures of the eleven women that Nick Danziger has followed over the
past decade but also has other pictures of this photographer on the theme of female victims
of conflicts. The event takes places from 7 to 30 September, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 09-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Courtier

I think Caroline wore the necklace she bought in Italy during her holidays with her children (there is a video in Venice? Capri? I don't in which she sows her new colourful necklace to Charlotte on the thread dedicated to her holidays with her family). I'm not sure about the dress, but what I'm sure is that Caroline can really wear everything!
I wish there was Charlene, this would have done great pics: Albert, his wife and his sister.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
I think Caroline wore the necklace she bought in Italy during her holidays with her children (there is a video in Venice? Capri? I don't in which she sows her new colourful necklace to Charlotte on the thread dedicated to her holidays with her family). I'm not sure about the dress, but what I'm sure is that Caroline can really wear everything!
I wish there was Charlene, this would have done great pics: Albert, his wife and his sister.
Yes, where is the First Lady?!?!!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Albert in white pants again
But I like his glasses. I didn't like the ones he was wearing in Leeds
Old 09-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Its also nice to see Albert with his older sister too.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its also nice to see Albert with his older sister too.
I agree - I guess it is partly because Caroline and Stephanie don't have partners but I like the way Albert carries out some engagements with Charlene and some with his sisters/nieces & nephews. I'm wondering if this is unusual in royal families as I guess usually it would be the consort who accompanies the monarch. You just never know who Albert is going to turn up with
Old 09-08-2011, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
You just never know who Albert is going to turn up with
As to that I think it never gets boring

Here are two nice additions with bigger pics of their attendance at the exhibition:

** svenskdam: Prinsessans Carolines senaste… ** (click on the pics for HQ versions)

** pp: Albert de Monaco a troqué sa douce Charlene contre son élégante soeur Caroline **