Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 5 (April 2008 - June 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Grace had what could be called cultural issues to overcome but I don't think Princess Antoinette was much of an issue. Prince Rainier and his sister had never 'got on' very well from what I've seen. However, similar problems have happened in the past. If I remember correctly when Princess Alice first came to Monaco she had to tread carefully to avoid problems with Princess Florestine who was used to being the 'lady of the house' but she managed it pretty well.

I think the Monegasque would love to see Albert married and have the 'family' atmosphere back, but as Renata said they would probably still identify more with Caroline and Stephanie. It also makes a difference how long they have to get to know any new consort, people build bonds and affection over time.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

Oh Andrea! That just made me go awww:)
I know! I thought it was cute when I read it too. :wub: And kind of funny too. I also thought it was indicative of Caroline's attitude towards her family and her duties to Monaco and how they fit and work together.

If PA were to marry (anyone), the Monégasques would probably still prefer having a member of "the family" giving out presents etc., rather than a newcomer, even if such a newcomer became Princess of Monaco.

That is true Renata4711 about the Monegasques or anywhere. For the first few years of Princess Grace's reign she was very distant because of the language barrier. But little by little with her good works for the Monegasques they loved her like one of their own.:flowers:

Prince Albert of Monaco, Princess Caroline of Hanover and Charlotte
Casraghi at the exhibition of Monka Shonibare at the Villa Sauber,
Monaco, June 7, 2010

Great to see those three attending together! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

They all look great together. Charlotte's yellow shoes are shocking :lol:

I'm iffy about Caroline's stockings. :ermm: But I do like her choice of outfit overall. Very gladiator style. ;) Charlotte's heels and outfit are great too. Love the yellow, it's great. :flowers: I did notice how long Charlotte's hair looked too. Almost kind of unnaturally so. But it's probably just my perception. I hope. :ROFLMAO:

I think the point Fan is trying to make is that Caroline did move to get away from Ernst but she could have gone to Paris (as it happens, Fontainebleau is actually an outer suburb of Paris) or St Remy but instead she chose to go to Monaco. I personally think she chose Monaco because she still has something of a spiritual home there (although her spiritual headquarters seemed very much in St Remy after Stefano died) and next to Fontainebleau, it was the most familiar to Alex, so she'd have less trouble settling in. Caroline seems the type of woman who does what's best for her children before anything else (I remember reading once that she showed up late for a function in Monaco because "Andrea wouldn't eat his porridge" :ROFLMAO:). I'm sure she wouldn't disappear from Monaco all together were Albert to marry but I can imagine she would take a little bit of a step back. But I do think "for the good of the country" comes into play with Caroline as well - seems she's taken a couple of hits for the team as it were over the years and it seems she's very committed to her country and her people. I think it would depend on the situation at the time but also like lumut said, it's not like she really has a choice. She'd probably naturally have to take a step back and allow Albert's wife into the fore.

Hopefully they would have a lot of respect for each other and if Albert's wife is smart, she would welcome any role Caroline would like to continue with. I imagine Caroline would equally appreciate someone that could share that role with her also, as long as she thought she could respect and trust that the person had the capacity to step up, as well as having Monaco's best interest at heart--it is Caroline's heritage after all.

I agree also that I think the people of Monaco would probably be disappointed if the sisters faded too much into the background--they are accustomed to seeing them play a role there for such a long time now. I'm sure they could work something out where both Caroline and Albert's wife had respectful roles to play.:flowers:

Nice pics, those big fishnet stockings seem to be her new trademark...she really wears them a lot...:)

Nice pics. Caroline really resembles Stephanie in pic one.:)

Nice pics, and the dress is so "french", easygoing not conservative and the colour is great on her...specially with her new haircolour...

I really like the dress too, and the color.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, that's funny Iceflower! It actually does look like that. They obviously have good taste. ;) I just realised just how wonderful Charlotte's colour scheme is. I wouldn't have picked yellow with gray but it works. :flowers: I do like Caroline's outfit overall as well. I think she should have given the fishnets a miss (although they have become her trademark, as supernova pointed out) because I think it kind of messes with the style of her outfit. More power to her though if she feels confident enough to wear them! ;)

The dress is ok, but a mini skirt still jars with her "old lady" hairstyle... Besides, her hands show their age. A knee-lenght skirt wouldhave suited her better IMO.;)

In the first pic, Charlotte is just stunning. Very beautiful girl.

I can not understand why sometimes Caroline can not manage to have her hair well done! It is not so complicated for a woman with her position and fortune to have a hairdresser available before an official event.
I like her dress but neither her face not her stockins! And she looks old with this hairdo (if we can consider that is one)

I can not understand why sometimes Caroline can not manage to have her hair well done! It is not so complicated for a woman with her position and fortune to have a hairdresser available before an official event.
I like her dress but neither her face not her stockins! And she looks old with this hairdo (if we can consider that is one)

I'm with you 10% Fandesacs and with youTosca! :ermm::sad::ohmy: On the other hand, Charlie looks so sweet... :flowers:

It might be worth remembering that Monaco - Monte-Carlo is really only a large village, not NYC !

Why shouldn't Caroline or any other family member wear whatever they want?

Prince Albert and Princess Caroline yesterday (June 9) attended a
reception for the Monaco Television Festival at the inner courtyard
of the Princely Palace - Caroline looked great again, this time more
elegant than modern, I guess that look is less controversial ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks iceflower :flowers: Caroline looked great

I love The mentalist (pic 3) and Criminal Minds (pic 2)

I love my princess no matter what she wears. She has always been beautiful and so innovative with her wardrobe. Hit and miss at times, very classy and elegant at others, sometimes funky and strange, but she is her own person and I like that about her. She is the star of Monaco and nobody will ever take that away from her.

Charlene was at the event as well :flowers:

Imageshack - 20669159.jpg

Charlene looks lovely, but her dress looks like innapropiate when you see Caroline and Albert. Or did i miss something?

I think the dress choice was a result of the fact that Charlene
also attended the party for the 50th anniversary of the Festival
(see Albert's and Charlene's current events thread) and she didn't
want or didn't have enough time to change the clothes, therefore
it may look a bit innapropiate..

Here are two of the pics without watermarks and the two with Charlene:

** Albert and Caroline ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Oh, could be. Joe Mantegna is there! :lol: Anyway, they all look great.

I think the dress choice was a result of the fact that Charlene
also attended the party for the 50th anniversary of the Festival
(see Albert's and Charlene's current events thread) and she didn't
want or didn't have enough time to change the clothes, therefore
it may look a bit innapropiate..

Here are two of the pics without watermarks and the two with Charlene:

** Albert and Caroline ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
I am glad to see that Caro looks truly radiant in a Parisian manner with her lovely shirtdress and elegant string of pearls and Charlene is also included in this affair.

i am confuse why is Charlene there the cloth is not the right outfit:eek:, PS i love seeing my favorite TV star there the mentalist and criminal mind love this show.;)

Loooove Caroline´s outfit!! Fresh and modern.:flowers:

Caroline usually has impeccable taste when it comes to clothes but I have to disagree here, her dress is ugly!! Love her shoes but that dress needs to go!!

Charlene's dress looks like she wrapped a beach towel around her!!

I am glad to see that Caro looks truly radiant in a Parisian manner with her lovely shirtdress and elegant string of pearls and Charlene is also included in this affair.

What is happening with the image of the Grimaldis? I should say Albert- No sense of protocol-- they have CW the girlfriend recieving guests in the courtyard of the palace in a wrap around robe-- she looks, out right plain silly.

Notice how far off she is standing from Albie and Caro:ermm:

Albert!!!!! marry this woman-- or just let TEAM CARO handle things- then u and CW can travel the world as u wish!!!

What a shame to Grace:sad:

Caroline looks gorgeous! :D Fantastic outfit and accessories. And Joe Mantegna. Where's his hand going? :ROFLMAO: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom