Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 5 (April 2008 - June 2010)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting group. Albert - Charlene (the couple) Pierre - Alexandra (the younger kids of Caroline).
I hate hunting. It makes me sad when I see my favourite royals doing this :(

It makes me wonder too... How can people practice such cruel «sports» (if we can consider such murdurous acts as such...) as haunting and fishing. And it's such a disappointmrnt to see elevated, sensible peoople as the Grimaldi siblings, practicing it, worse, taking little Alexandra along... Terrible! :angry::angry::angry:

It makes me wonder too... How can people practice such cruel «sports» (if we can consider such murdurous acts as such...) as haunting and fishing. And it's such a disappointmrnt to see elevated, sensible peoople as the Grimaldi siblings, practicing it, worse, taking little Alexandra along... Terrible! :angry::angry::angry:

Hunting is only an horrible act when you hunt and fish for the fur, ivory, and for trade, but when you hunt to eat it's entirely another thing, and I believe that the Grimaldi as well many other royal and non-royal people, me and my family included, only hunt and fish what's edible.

Hunting is only an horrible act when you hunt and fish for the fur, ivory, and for trade, but when you hunt to eat it's entirely another thing, and I believe that the Grimaldi as well many other royal and non-royal people, me and my family included, only hunt and fish what's edible.

I respect your point of view and i don't, by all means, ofend you or , but wether it's for the fur, to eat, to control animal population or others, hunting and fishing always mean killing a living being, wich to me is an atrocious idea :ohmy::eek::sad:. And i believe royal families have the responsability to live according to some values such as humanism, respect for nature and life, kindness etc. and, through their actions exemplify such values and lead the populations to act accordingly. Please don't take my position as being desrepectful to you or your family...

I respect your point of view and i don't, by all means, ofend you or , but wether it's for the fur, to eat, to control animal population or others, hunting and fishing always mean killing a living being, wich to me is an atrocious idea :ohmy::eek::sad:. And i believe royal families have the responsability to live according to some values such as humanism, respect for nature and life, kindness etc. and, through their actions exemplify such values and lead the populations to act accordingly. Please don't take my position as being desrepectful to you or your family...

I presume you are a non leather wearing vegan......because those meats you would otherwise buy at the grocery store were once alive, and the leather belts, shoes, jackets, handbags in your closet were once alive as well.

Last edited:

I know you don't mean to be desrespectful towards nobody, but hunting and fishing is something since the begining of times men has been doing, obviously nowadays things have changed, but not eating meat or fish is not that healthy as many people belive, and killing an animal in order to eat is not an atrocious act, well at least I've never seen no one killing an animal the way sometimes sensionalist media show it. I wear leather but not fur.

:ermm:Has any one thought that all the meat, chicken, fish they buy in supermarket was once alive as well, and with that thought have you ever wondered what conditions those poor animals were facing when they are killed???
My father and brother are both fisherman and hunters of deer and wild pig, duck, pheasant rabbit etc, everything they hunted they ate and I would like to think that Grimaldi clan are the same, as previous people have stated hunting animals for food started back in the stone age.
:sad:And yes I know there are people that hunt just for the pure pleasure of it, there are many points of view on this subject and I know I am digressing here:whistling:but b4 we make assumptions we need to know the facts!

Just thought I might interject a little fun fact (or not so fun to some I guess). The very first Prince of Monaco to visit the United States was the scholarly environmentalist Prince Albert I who came to Wyoming to see "Buffalo Bill" Cody and go bear hunting in the mountains. He had first written to the famous hunter (and environmentalist) President Teddy Roosevelt about the expedition but the Pres brushed him off -so he looked up Buffalo Bill instead who had been through Europe presenting his famous "Wild West Show". While in America Prince Albert gave a very ornate hunting rifle to a Native American Chief with the understanding that it only be used against game and not against white people!
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

:ermm:Has any one thought that all the meat, chicken, fish they buy in supermarket was once alive as well, and with that thought have you ever wondered what conditions those poor animals were facing when they are killed???
My father and brother are both fisherman and hunters of deer and wild pig, duck, pheasant rabbit etc, everything they hunted they ate and I would like to think that Grimaldi clan are the same, as previous people have stated hunting animals for food started back in the stone age.
:sad:And yes I know there are people that hunt just for the pure pleasure of it, there are many points of view on this subject and I know I am digressing here:whistling:but b4 we make assumptions we need to know the facts!

Well, facts are facts and there's no denying that we most comnfortably forget that the animals we eat were living beings that hurt and feel pain just like us. Also it's true that even among hunters and fishermen we can find those with ethical conscienciouness and others who are simply killers. The issue isn't simple. Philosophical essays on the matter have been written. This said, it's has been nice to discuss this matter with you all, and as you very well pointed out, Debrann, there are many points of view on the subject. So, i hope you guys are right about the Grimaldis and hope they're a loving nature family, for whom hunting is just one more motive to wonder about through the fields, aiming at the birds and shooting the sky... you know what i mean... :doh:Anyway i prefer a living rabitt jumping around, than a dead one hanging from my hand.

Hunting is a subject of very controversial public discussion,
we've heard the major arguments, so let's now move on please!

Thanks for your understanding,
Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

The family went hunting on their estate of the castle of Marchais
on October 31, 2009. It's really hard to identify, but you can at
least see Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock, Princess Alexandra
and Pierre Casiraghi:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

All photos are nice!:flowers:
I like Pierre and Princess Alexandra here, she's a pretty girl.

Now on France Inter : france inter > accueil ( écoutez en directe ) Stephane Bern with Prince Albert and Princess Caroline live from Monaco !!!
Starting in 5 min. 11:05 h ( Paris time )

Thanks a lot for the updates, Sebastian! :)

Here's one more group picture that's not yet included in your picture list:

** November 20, 2009 **

Marie-Claude Beaud, chief curator of the New National Museum,
Jean-Christophe Maillot, director-choreographer of Les Ballets de
Monte-Carlo and Jean-Louis Grinda, Director of the Opera were
invited as well in order to discuss the centenary of the Ballets
Russes and culture in Monaco.

At the Salle Garnier, Princess Caroline attended the very first "France Inter" live broadcast of Stephane Bern's "Fou du Roi" (The King's Jester) performance, lasting an hour and a half. Caroline stayed for the whole of the broadcast, but Albert had to leave after the first act, that's why he isn't on the photo.

Monaco.maville.com « Le fou du roi » fait rire le prince et la princesse

Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), his sister, princess Caroline and her daughter Alexandra of Hanover (L) and his sister princess Stephanie (R) of Monaco arrive, on December 16, 2009 at the Monaco Palace, to take part in the Children's Christmas ceremony. AFP PHOTO VALERY HACHE

*1* *2* *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *9*

Prince Albert II of Monaco (C) waves as he poses with children during the traditional Christmas tree ceremony at the Monaco Palace December 16, 2009. Prince Albert is flanked by his sisters Princess Caroline of Hanover (L) and Princess Stephanie.

*1* *2 *3* *4* *5* *6* *7* *8* *Stephanie* *Caroline* *Albert* *9* *10* *11* *12*

Belga Gallery

Daylife Gallery

Zimbio gallery

Love Stephanie outfit , Albert with his Christmas Tie , Caroline and Alex this year is great

Last edited:
What a brilliant idea to have Alexandra there as well!

I'm really surprised and the pics are great! They obviously
all enjoyed that special Christmas event! Thanks a lot for
posting the first pics, Radker18!

** gettyimages **

Yes, a good idea. The Casiraghis always attended when they were kids. I think it´s the first time for Alex.

They all look great! I love the idea of Alexandra being there, as rosana said, the Casiraghis have always attended this Christmas events. Thanks for the wonderful photos, they seem to have had a really good time :flowers:

Just loved Carolines outfit, I think it fitted in well for the occaision:stocking:

Stephanie's red outfit was also very festive :))
Such a contrast between the two sisters' outfits.

Interesting that Princess Caroline is actually channeling her late mother's fashion in her later years -- the upswept hairdo, the ruffles, the patterns ... not your typical fashion but definitely regal and striking! Love it.

Glistening Seas

:holly: What great pics! the new decorations this year were a real treat!

:candycane: Oh and Caroline's dress wow that was awesome isn't it!! Looks like PA was in a bit of a rush his tie was just a tiny bit crooked; but hey it looked like everyone was having so much fun they didn't notice. hee However, PA managed to look his delightful self! hee!

:holly: Stephanies red & white outfit was just the spark of festive color they needed today too bravo :poinsettia:

I absolutely adore Caroline's dress! It is so festive and unique! Great choice for the event. Plus the presence of Pr. Alexandra's makes it a little extra special this year!

Princess Caroline looks great.... she has always been so stylish !!!!!!

What a brilliant idea to have Alexandra there as well!

I don't understand why Stephanie didn't take Camille: the two little cousins might have had a lot of fun together, and with the other kids.

I don't understand why Stephanie didn't take Camille: the two little cousins might have had a lot of fun together, and with the other kids.
That would have surely been great! But as Caroline has once brought
her other children with her to the Christmas tree party, but Stephanie
has never done so with hers before, it's not been such a surprise.
As often discussed before: Princess Stephanie simply has another
attitude concerning her children and public appearances..

The following pic is quite impressing: Prince Albert posing for a photograph
with members of the French national press who took the photos yesterday
- at least 17!

---------> Pic

But where's PA's Santa hat???

We'll have to wait for the annual New Year swim in the sea, to see him dressed in a Santa outfit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom