Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events 3 : May 2007 - Aug.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Caro was not their , Stephanie was great and albert was a little not so happy is that what you are saying?

Zonk said:
I would pay special attention to girlfriends of my close male friends...when they don't know anyone else and the male friend steps away.
But in this case albert was sitting across the table from her.

paca said:
There is a behind the scene video of the show here Centre de Presse

Those who receive France 5 will be able to watch the show soon. It is supposed to be visible in 25 countries.
Perhaps somebody can put it on Youtube for those who don't see it?

lilae said:
sorry caroline will not be here... M Drucker could post on this forum he's always saying good things....
Albert is fat... guys, if you could see his belly... under his smoking...donna you should tell him that he's not his father...
It is too late. He already had his father's suits all lengthened and is wearing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zonk said:
I would think its more of a common courtesy. If you know someone (Charlene) only knows a select few (namely the family of her boyfriend) at a large gathering with other people...why wouldn't you speak/protect her so to speak while the boyfriend is working the room.

I would pay special attention to girlfriends of my close male friends...when they don't know anyone else and the male friend steps away.
Exactly. I think it was absolutely normal that as the hosts in a larger sense of the word they did what was to be expected. The more I do not understand why she wasn't paid the same courtesy this time? Ok we do not kow what happened inside the appartment and wether there was any interaction there, but after the flood of pictures last year and the non existence this year, it does seem strange. Also as ALbert and Charlene were leaving, it looked like she was not content. In any case I think that if she was snubbed, it does IMO reflect badly on those who are snubbing and not the person that is being snubbed. IMO no matter what they think of her, they do owe her common courtesy. Besides I was taught that you don't wash your dirty laundry in public... They could and should have told Albert privately in advance so that he could have made other arrangements with her to avoid exposing her to such a situation. Or if they were not aware of her attendance they sould have behaved with dignity and then told him after so that in future this could be avoided. They are all adults and should behave as such.

Well, all this Charlene buisness aside, I really do prefer Stephanie with longer hair - as others have stated, it gives her a more feminine, youthful look. And she should definitely keep her hair dark brown - it really suits her best.

That said, and if I may (I realize its been stated here before) but Stephanie should really, truly stay out of the bloody sun! Her skin is, in my opinion, WAY WAY too dark. She would look so much more attractive with a paler, natural complexion, no?

Also, damn she really resembles Rainier the older she gets.

I rather like Steph - she marches to the beat of her own drummer (apparently she always has!) and to me, she rocks! She also appears to be perhaps the most approachable and down-to-earth out of the three children of Grace and Rainier. I always get the impression with Caroline that she truly believes she breathes different oxygen from the rest of humanity.

As for Albert, would someone please advise this guy on male fashion! His suits and ties are rather dull and drab. And if he lost about 40 pounds, he would look so much better - the guy was rather handsome in his late teens and early twenties.

I agree that Steph skin is too dark, exposing herself to sun so much can be dangerous for health, too. She really looks like Rainer, especially her eyes.
Albert was good looking not only as a young man. He looked really good not so long ago before he gained weight.

Pics 23.6.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princesse Antoinette, Elisabeth Ann de Massy and Melanie attended the celebration
of the traditional festival of Jean Saint on June 23 2007. Albert then went to the Town hall in order to hand
out various prices.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Picture gallery from deadline

Prince Albert II of Monaco, Princesse Antoinette, Elisabeth Ann de Massy and Melanie attended the celebration
of the traditional festival of Jean Saint on June 23 2007. Albert then went to the Town hall in order to hand
out various prices.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Picture gallery from deadline
The prices were for the students who participated in the exams for Monegasques. The best students receive awards each year. Since St Jean celebrates Monegasques traditions, it is appropriate to give these prices for the achievement in Monegasques during the festivities. In recent years the interest in Monegasques ( taught at school from Primary school onwards) has risen, especially with foreign origin students who take this as a good introduction of the customs and traditions of their host country. unfortunetely teaching material is still scarce.

Glistening Seas

:ROFLMAO: oh marvelous pics are those gifts being handed to PA:crown3::innocent:

The prices were for the students who participated in the exams for Monegasques. The best students receive awards each year. Since St Jean celebrates Monegasques traditions, it is appropriate to give these prices for the achievement in Monegasques during the festivities. In recent years the interest in Monegasques ( taught at school from Primary school onwards) has risen, especially with foreign origin students who take this as a good introduction of the customs and traditions of their host country. unfortunetely teaching material is still scarce.

Paca I want to be sure I am understanding this correctly, it's for academic achievements? This is what Charlene attended?

Paca I want to be sure I am understanding this correctly, it's for academic achievements? This is what Charlene attended?
No, that one she didn't attend. It was on Saturday. Antoinette, Elizabeth anne and melanie were there. Charlene only watch the traditional dancing and music part. Basically what every tourist would enjoy the most. The more important angles of the event like the mass and the prizes she missed.

Prince Albert (and his Charlene) and Princess Stephanie attended the Muse concert in Monaco (but they are in separate locations) last night.

Wenn gallery and captions (if the link doesn't work, click your browser refresh button).
Caption: Charlene Wittstock, Prince Albert II, guest at the Royal Box Muse concert at Louis II. Stadium Monte Carlo, Monaco - 12.07.07
Caption: Princess Stephanie smoking and guest Muse concert at Louis II. Stadium

Also, there are some smaller pictures at Newscom.
CAPTION: ©PHOTOPQR/NICE MATIN/FRANZ CHAVAROCHE . 12/07/2007 . MONACO CONCERT OF MUSE AT THE STATIUM IN MONACO; PRINCE ALBERT AND CHARLENE ATTEND THE CONCERT;

Here’s a link to a Monaco Times article about the Muse concert. Below, I included an excerpt from the article. It seems that the article writer also likes the way that Charlene dresses. This writer found her attire elegant. Also, the concert attendance was less than what was expected. Perhaps, Prince Albert should advertise that the elegant Charlene will be there next time and maybe more will come. Here’s a picture of a great view of the concert.

Marvellous Muse conquers Monaco
A night to remember for Stade Louis II although spectator numbers were down

13.07.2007 / British rock phenomenon Muse did not disappoint the thousands of fans who descended on Monaco’s Stade Louis II (stadium) last night. There may only have been about 18,000 people as opposed to the 25,000 expected, but it was undoubtedly a night to remember.

This was an event the Sovereign Prince Albert II was not going to miss, exactly two years to the day from when he officially took over the state from his late father HSH Prince Rainier III. He was accompanied by his South African girlfriend, Charlene Wittstock, who wore an elegant high-necked black top and jeans, but did not go with him on his official visit backstage to meet the Muse band members. Princess Stéphanie and her party had installed themselves above the Prince’s official box and seemed to thoroughly enjoy the whole occaision.

Last edited:
Yesterday Albert attended the Muse concert. There should be pics. He is dressed in black.

Yesterday Albert attended the Muse concert. There should be pics. He is dressed in black.

Wenn has a gallery

Last edited:
Tosca, it doesn't open for me :(

Since Princess Stephanie attended the concert (along with Albert and Charlene), I posted links and pictures in the Princely Family Current Events thread about the concert. I'm sure many other picture agencies will carry the pictures.

They do not allow their pics to be posted on the net, so you must click on the WENN database box. The pics from the concert are right on the 1st page. Scroll down to the 2nd row, then click on the 3rd pic from the left. ;-)

Thanks. And yet again Steph keeping her distance. Now I wonder when tabloids will dare to go on that part of the Charlene story. Soon I hope.

Thanks. And yet again Steph keeping her distance. Now I wonder when tabloids will dare to go on that part of the Charlene story. Soon I hope.
Ok, for this event I can see why Stephanie would want her separate space. She seems to have a lot of people with her, including children; so she probably wanted her own space. Also in past sporting events, I have seen Stephanie mostly in her own space away from Albert's official box. I don't find anything strange about Stephanie not being with Albert and Charlene at this concert, especially also since Albert has a lot of his friends there. Plus, Charlene seems to have friends also. I noticed two of the women at the concert were also sitting and talking to Charlene at a Track & Field event during the Small States Games. For me, the more puzzling question is why we haven't seen NOT ONE picture of Stephanie and Charlene out and about in Monaco? Doesn't Stephanie live in Monaco? Don't you find it strange that we see pictures of Charlene with Albert's trainer in Monaco but not his sister? Come on, I know it's not fair to judge a situation by the ABSENCE of a picture - but not even one? No need to answer.

And why don't we see any photos of Charlene out and about anymore? Is she locked up, only to be let out for a public and official event? BTW, it seems very busy in the princely box. I wonder how many of them have actually paid for their ticket? It looks like a nice - almost family - reunion.

And why don't we see any photos of Charlene out and about anymore? Is she locked up, only to be let out for a public and official event? BTW, it seems very busy in the princely box. I wonder how many of them have actually paid for their ticket? It looks like a nice - almost family - reunion.

Minus the family.

It's very nice that the three all attended the concert and had fun, it would have even been nicer if they had done it together ;):)
Thanks for the links and pics!
Here's one more picture gallery from deadline:

Albert
deadline picture gallery

Last edited:
Ok, for this event I can see why Stephanie would want her separate space. She seems to have a lot of people with her, including children; so she probably wanted her own space. Also in past sporting events, I have seen Stephanie mostly in her own space away from Albert's official box. I don't find anything strange about Stephanie not being with Albert and Charlene at this concert, especially also since Albert has a lot of his friends there. Plus, Charlene seems to have friends also. I noticed two of the women at the concert were also sitting and talking to Charlene at a Track & Field event during the Small States Games. For me, the more puzzling question is why we haven't seen NOT ONE picture of Stephanie and Charlene out and about in Monaco? Doesn't Stephanie live in Monaco? Don't you find it strange that we see pictures of Charlene with Albert's trainer in Monaco but not his sister? Come on, I know it's not fair to judge a situation by the ABSENCE of a picture - but not even one? No need to answer.

Yes Stephanie does live in Monaco but No I dont expect to see them walking down the streets together steph has a lot of things to do and her kids but if stephanie wants to snub charlene then that what she will do clearly caro and steph are not fans of her but Stephanie still loves and adores her big brother Him and steph has always had a great relationship but we will just have to wait and see untill the ball how far this snub will go;)my opinion.:cool:

It's very nice that the three all attended the concert and had fun, it would have even been nicer if they had done it together ;):)
Thanks for the links and pics!
Here's one more picture gallery from deadline:

Albert
deadline picture gallery
Thanks for these pictures. This picture is adorable! I really like how Stephanie is throwing a kiss to Albert. Clearly, Stephanie will not allow anyone or anything to come between her relationship with her big brother. On so many of these pictres, Charlene looks like she is posing for the cameras. Thus far, Charlene and Albert has made the cover of either Point de Vue, Gala, or Bunte for every event that she has attended with Albert since she returned to Europe to compete in races this May. I think she is becoming a little overly confident now about her cover shots.

I am glad Albert took a walk around the stadium; he really seems to be well received. Here’s another article about the concert, it seems that the low attendance and less than enthousiastic crowd was a real problem. French version and translated version.

I am glad Albert took a walk around the stadium; he really seems to be well received. Here’s another article about the concert, it seems that the low attendance and less than enthousiastic crowd was a real problem. French version and translated version.

it is the second event in Monaco which was badly organized, there were the plays of the small states and this concert... yes that goes very badly to Monaco
if Albert does not realize there!!! it is even very serious!!! and when I think that there is soon the ball of the red cross, if Charlene is invited, Caroline is likely not not to go there, nor his friends
with do three large errors you believe that Albert will open the eyes???? I am not sure!!! that will give if the tourists start at it to boycott Monaco
lckc571

Thanks for these pictures. This picture is adorable! I really like how Stephanie is throwing a kiss to Albert. Clearly, Stephanie will not allow anyone or anything to come between her relationship with her big brother. On so many of these pictres, Charlene looks like she is posing for the cameras. Thus far, Charlene and Albert has made the cover of either Point de Vue, Gala, or Bunte for every event that she has attended with Albert since she returned to Europe to compete in races this May. I think she is becoming a little overly confident now about her cover shots.

I don't know MyAdia if she blowing it at him or not hard to tell or might be making fun of him - he isn't even looking at her. I'm not sure you can make the statement that nothing will come between them. If that were true wouldn't she be welcoming Charlene and showing her support by sitting with them? Or being photographed with Charlene at the various events. Thus far there hasn't been one photo. Stephanie is a free spirit I grant you and she might have just wanted to go to the concert also she is not the heir presumptive at the moment - her sister Caroline is so there is a huge difference there. I wouldn't be so hard on Caroline which you seem to be. I think she had her reasons and actually I think Jaya gave a pretty good statement about Caroline that put it into a more royal personage perspective. Just out of curiosity, how would you, if you were Caroline, handle Charlene? Be sure to put yourself in the royal shoes and think like an heir to the throne.

Last edited:
There is quite an amusing review in todays paper (there was some report yesterday but fairly neutral). According to the paper when Muse finally appeared there were the 20.000 spectators which the organizers anticipated (though the pic shows a lot of space). In the run up the second group kept repeating their proper name for the audience to remember and photographers were mostly keeping an eye on Steph while waiting for ALbert. When he arrived at the end of Kaiser chiefs, he quickly disappeared again in his loge and all that was to see were a lot of guys in dark suits. Charlene is briefly mentioned as a certain Charlene Wittstock.

I have to say that until recently I didn't know that the concert was taking place. Ok I don't pay that much attention to billboards, but when there were concerts in Munich you knew who was comming to town even without being interested or liking the music. And you knew at least some of the music. I'm probably totally outdated, but I haven't heard a single song of that band (actually neither of the 3 bands). In Munich every radio station would at least play once in each show a song of whoever was coming ad there would be plenty of games for give away seats. One of my friends used to be assistant to Marcel Avram, the guy who used to organize Michael jackson tours in Europe (and other big names). She told me a little about how they generated awareness, how they would get celebrities to attend etc. Apart from Albert and Steph, who was there? There are so many celebs on holidays right now in the area, why not offer them to come to town? Celebs draw publicity, there might be more people next time if you play it right. Anyone remember the vatican concert that was moved to Monaco? Anyone hear anything about it? When JPII was attending, the world was watching, you'd see all sorts of people wanting to be there, last edition...zilch. Did anyone go, did is take place? it seems that all events that would draw celebs (and I don't mean yesterdays or better last weeks celebs) of A class to Monaco have moved away. No more world music (though that event seems to be killing itself), no more Laureus awards and at the last Grand Prix there was talk about possible closing. Same with the tennis. At present players are still comming, but for how much longer? The SBM has already leaked here and there that some dusting is necessary to make Monaco attractive for people, especially the younger generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom